“Great Hotel. Probably Best Layover Hotel This Year”

Hilton Charlotte University Place
Ranked #24 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 19 March 2012

As a flight attendant hotels that we are assigned to can be hit or miss. This one was great. Really beautiful hotel. Very modern large rooms, flat screen tvs, great view, a lake with geese and swans, great check in associate Caitlyn (I hope I remembered her name correctly) This is a stellar hotel and best of the year.

Room Tip: backside has a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,633)

Reviewed 13 March 2012

We are a not for profit organization that hosted a student conference in February. Working with this hotel and with Erin was a dream - they are so attentive to all of our needs and made everything incredibly easy for us to manage. The banquet food was fantastic, the hotel rooms were incredibly comfortable, and the conference rooms worked very well for our sessions. Every staff we came into contact with was hospitable and helpful. We were treated with such professionalism in all aspects - in planning, during the weekend, and concluding our business. THANK YOU!!

Reviewed 13 March 2012

I must admit that everything about the Hilton University Place in Charlotte was extremely nice with the exception of one major issue. My wife and I are sticklers for a clean room and that didn't happen during our stay. I was there visiting
My daughter and we left the hotel at 9:00 AM for breakfast and a full day of running around Charlotte. We returned at 4 pm to get ready for an early dinner. We returned to a room that had not been made up after a full day of it being available for clean up. We are not slobs by any means. Quite the contrary. But to come back to an in made bed and the same towels in the bathroom was terribly disappointing. Plus we were staying on the preferred concierge level.
Outside of that the hotel was very nice with friendly staff but I would question going back there unless I spoke with management beforehand.

• Stayed: March 2012
HiltonhotelGM, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Thank you for your review, I am sorry for your inconvenience. Housekeeping works until 5pm and you must have been one of the last rooms cleaned that day. Please let us know if you want your room cleaned by a certain time and we will be sure to make it happen for you.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

I haven't had the pleasure of staying at this hotel because I live in the area, but I recently attended the Box Tops University event here. The hotel catered the event and the food was excellent! I am a meat eater, but I tried their vegetarian sandwich for lunch and I could not get if off my mind for 5 days! Finally I called the hotel and Jenna (Director of Catering) emailed the ingredient list to me. Yes...it was THAT good!!! It was a great place to hold an event.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Spent on night on a business trip recently. Nvery nice hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We just held a rather large event at the hotel a couple weeks ago.........Erin Brown was our main point of contact and she was amazing! The hotel was nice....rooms were clean and renovated. The entire staff was wonderful........everyone was very friendly! Our event went off without a hitch and we are so thankful! Thanks so much Erin and everyone involved with our week at the hotel!

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Just wanted to take the time to compliment the Lakefront restaurant at the Hilton on the quality of their breakfast cuisine, especially the freshness and variety of fruits and vegetables, as well as the variety of items on the hot buffet, including the made to order omelet bar which is great. And last but not least, I must compliment the courteous, friendly and efficient service of the server staff especially Fanny. it's always nice when people remember you from previous visits. Her friendly smile and words always makes me feel like I'm a neighbor. The best compliment I can give is my recommendation to my business associates which I continue to do.

Please keep up the good work and the Hilton Lakefront is where I'll go for breakfast!