“Great Customer Service”

Hilton Charlotte University Place
Ranked #23 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Arrived for a weekend stay and I messed up the reservation for the next month. Staff was very patient and helpful and straighted my mess out and upgraded my room to the executive level. Thanks for your understanding and great service! The room was huge and very well appointed with a very comfortable bed and more space that we could fill up. We had a beautiful view of North Charlotte and the UNCC campus from our room, we could even see the motor speedway. We celebrated my birthday that weekend and arrived back at the hotel after the restaurant had just closed, but the staff gave us a table and everything we needed to serve the cake my daughter made along with all the coffee and water we could consume. Thanks for a great weekend and experience, we'll be back again.

Room Tip: Go for the executive level if you can, its well worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Howard5855
Write a ReviewReviews (1,630)

Reviewed 8 July 2012

We booked an overnight stay here on our way to the Turks and Caicos. It's a short 25 minutes from the airport via Lotus Limosine. Checkin was quick. The staff was very friendly and very helpful the rooms were nice and very clean and the best part is the location. Right out back of the hotel is a boardwalk with all kinds of restaurant/bars. Beautiful setting!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This hotel is a really good value.

Hotel and Grounds: A nice typical Hilton property, with good service, nice amenities. There is a restaurant, small lounge, workout facility, and banquet rooms. The surrounding area is really great... the hotel is located on a man-made lake, surrounded by shops and restaurants. There are also playgrounds in the area.

Room: A very nice room, with updated furnishings and a modern bathroom. We had a king bed.

Value: We found an excellent deal of about $95 per night... on a Thursday and Friday night.

Overall... a very good experience. The hotel was very crowded with family reunions and lacrosse teams.. so the common areas were overrun with guests. But I would immediately recommend this hotel, if someone didn't want to stay in the Uptown area.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room... above the 4th floor, facing the lake.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Close to where I travel for work and love being on the little lake there. Plenty of places to grab a bite. Rooms are exactly what you'd expect. Very clean, great service. Would def stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Spent the weekend with my son's lacrosse team. There were several large groups and functions at this property and it all seemed to flow very well! Front desk does an incredible job. Polite, quick and very responsive. I was told some breakfast coupons would be placed under my door and guess what .... They were there later that evening! By the way, the breakfast buffet is very good.

Rooms are nice and quiet. Very convenient to UNCC. We'll be back!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Woodman1127
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Hotel was great - close to my destination and the boardwalk area was fun. Only problem was smoke smell in the first room but hotel desk staff immediately gave me another room. The second room (on the same floor) had smoke smell too, but not nearly as bad and was okay once the AC was running. Wondered if it had been a smoking floor at one time. Bed was comfortable, room was clean, food options were much better than the surrounding hotels in this area.

Room Tip: go for the higher floors to avoid a roof top view
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for business. The check in was easy enough and I had only a few minutes to drop my bags and run to my meetings, so I didn't actually explore the room/turn the tv on/internet until after midnight. At that point, I discovered the tv and internet did not work in my room. I called the front desk and was informed that because of the storm earlier in the evening they were having problems with tv reception. Fine. I went to bed and woke up the next morning expecting the service to be working again. Not the case. Again, I called the front desk to report the issue. They said they would send someone up to look at it while I was gone for the day. Five minutes later the front desk called to inform me that the tv and internet were not working in my room (Room 734) and would not be able to be fixed at all. Say what?!?! I've never experienced a hotel stay (and I travel a lot for work, but am a Marriott person typically so I have no status at Hiltons) where this was the case. They offered me another room, but had to go through the hassle of repacking my bags, getting a new key at the front desk, etc. It was worth it since I required internet access for work, but it was still a hassle and I'm just a little confused if they a) didn't have someone at the hotel to come fix it on duty or b) the room had some faulty wiring and they knew from my time of check-in that those things did not work in that room. When I went back down later in the day to get my new key, the woman at the front desk was very pleasant and upon my request, I was offered access to the concierge lounge for my troubles. This actually worked out well since on Wed nights they have "Manager Night" and offer complimentary wine/beer in addition to apps in the lounge. Nice touch! Overall the hotel was certainly nice enough and definitely a value. The breakfast buffet was delicious - all the food/drink staples and I like that its a buffet so you can eat fairly quickly, if you need to. It was just a strange experience with the internet and phone - I guess there is a first time for everything.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business