“A great hotel, beautiful area, and good location.”

Hilton Charlotte University Place
Ranked #23 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Charlotte University Place for three days while attending the Mad Monster Party and ModelWorx Scale Model Contest. I was surprised at the effort the hotel put into making the events successful. They did a fantastic job. My room was clean, nicely furnished and perfect for my needs. I had one problem with the TV remote and a hotel engineer came right to my room and spent ten minutes with me to make sure I had no further problems. The bellboys were great. Always helpful, respectful and available. To add frosting to the cake, exiting the hotel through the rear entrance you find yourself in a beautiful boardwalk area. A Lake with walking bridges, a children's play park, and shopping and restaurants located along the length of the boardwalk. A great place to take pictures, enjoy the weather, eat lunch and do a little shopping. I will stay in this hotel every time I travel to Charlotte.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Marieta B, Guest Loyalty Manager at Hilton Charlotte University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for your positive comments in regards to your recent stay during the Mad Monster Event. We were delighted to hear that your family not only enjoyed the event but also enjoyed the surrounding shops and restaurants. We were glad to hear that our staff met and exceeded your expectations from our bellman, engineering department and our housekeeping department. I will defintely pass on the great customer service you received to their department managers. We look forward to you choosing the Hilton Charlotte University Place as your "choice" hotel the next time you are in the area.

The Hilton Charlotte University Place

Write a ReviewReviews (1,646)

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The hotel as well as the staff paid close attention to everything I asked for. I hosted a university event and asked for a nice room to accommodate up to 50 people. The room provided was perfect, beautiful views of the water and access to a private patio were just outside the door.
The bar and wait staff were courteous and fun. The food and beverage choices were perfect!
I really appreciated having my event displayed on the electronic message boards throughout the hotel. It was a great way to let attendees and other guests know that my university had a presence!
The catering manager is patient and has the ability to guide you in your planning needs if you are stuck or simply not the worlds best event planner.
Great place, great people. You wont be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ann S,
Thank you for your positive feedback from your recent conference. We were glad to hear that our culinary staff, bartenders, banquet servers and sales team went above and beyond to make sure your conference was a successful one. We were also glad to hear that you enjoyed the view of the lake and your private patio for your event. We look forward to you choosing the Hilton Charlotte University Place as your choice hotel for conference rooms and room accommodations.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed here 5 days for an on-site NP conference. This hotel is near the medical center and university. There are neither crosswalks nor sidewalks in this area but the hotel provides a free shuttle service during the week. The hotel is clean and fairly modern. Reception and parking staff were extremely helpful. Honestly, I haven’t had this much customer service in quite some time, thereby making me forget the minor hang-ups. The taxi ride from the airport was $40. The valet staff made me aware that they could arrange a private car for the same price my date of departure that would be guaranteed to be on time. This was a great tip which worked out very well. I waited over an hour one Saturday night for a taxi and couldn’t risk that on return to the airport. From my understanding this is a common problem in Charlotte.

The conference facilities were adequate just not enough ladies’ rooms. We were supplied tap water and coffee throughout the day. Seating was extremely tight at times but I feel that our organization may be too large to adequately accommodated on these grounds.

My room, 510, was very comfortable with lots of pillow, very well stocked, tidy, great Wi-Fi reception, plenty of outlets, and great towels. Housekeeping staff respected my “Do Not Disturb” sign all week. A few drawbacks, the windows do not open, it was a little noisy, and no mini-fridge. Not only was it stuffy but the room was hot a few nights. I heard the ice maker hourly throughout the night. Also, I heard my neighbors on both sides intermittently. I ordered room service with was very tasty at a reasonable price.

The hotel is located on a man-made lake with a boardwalk and restaurants. There are many ducks and turtles to get your attention. I grabbed a meal at Zapata’s Cantina Mexican Restaurant across the lake. I found the food to be good, service great, and reasonably priced.

I usually don’t shell out Hilton prices and stay in more economical accommodations; however, I got a conference rate in my budget. From a service and facility standpoint I would happily stay here again. I would request to be at the end of the hall (away from the ice maker), ask for a mini-fridge, and have windows that open.

Room Tip: End of the hall away from elevators and ice makers.
1  Thank mkennedy38

Dear MKennedy38,
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. We were glad to hear that our location was convenient to various shops and restaurants and that overall, we met and exceeded your expectations in customer service. We are in the process of renovating our guest rooms to include a mini-fridge and microwave in every room and hope that the next time you are in the area, you have a chance to experience one of our newly renovated rooms. It is our goal that the Hilton Charlotte University Place is your "must stay" location. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We were referred to this hotel as it was close to an event that we were attending. It was very welcoming, all of the amenties were great and we loved the view of the board walk from our window. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Marieta B, Guest Loyalty Manager at Hilton Charlotte University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Deaer Lakisha P,
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed all the amenities our hotel has to offer. We look forward to you selecting Hilton Charlotte University Place as your "must stay" location the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This hotel is excellent to have company meetings. The sales, banquet, and event staff is top-notch and they always look out after your best interests. Erin Brown is, especially, helpful for banquet services and always checks in on the customer to make sure the event is going well. Erin and her staff are very professional. The sleeping rooms have recently been renovated. The hotel is in an excellent location and many restaurants are within walking distance. The Hilton Honors lounge is wonderful!

Dear WilliamW60845,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay. We were delighted to hear that you were pleased with our Banquets, Culinary Staff and Sales Team, in particular Erin Brown for the excellent service they provided for your Event. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond to make each Event a successful one. We were glad that you had an opportunity to experience one of our newly renovated rooms and that you enjoyed the Executive Lounge as well. We look forward to hosting your next Event and it is our desire that you select Hilton Charlotte University Place as your "must stay" location the next time you are in townl.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I'm a Hhonors diamond member, so I know a good lounge when I see it. The one here has a wonderful panoramic view overlooking the lake. Clean, fresh fruit, hot breakfast and good nibbles for the late afternoon crowd.

Rooms have been recently renovated. I'm here on business, exhibiting, and the conference/exhibition space is excellent. The only constructive criticism is the hotel's main restaurant....Lakeview Restaurant's menu could use a do-over. The appetizers and entrees are not exciting, although the service was pleasant and good.

Room Tip: Select an upper floor, overlooking lakeside.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear r120rgs,
Thank you for your wonderful compliments about your recent stay with us. We were glad to hear that you enjoyed the panoramic view over looking the lake from the Executive Lounge. We were also glad to hear that you were able to experience one of our newly renovated rooms and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your comments regarding the restaurant as it helps us to strive in Excellent Customer Satisfaction. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. The surrounding restaurants off good variety of food. The hotel restaurant for lunch has been excellent. I have been here five times this year (2013-2014) for business workshop and the rooms have all been very clean. It is quiet in your room so you can get a good night's rest. For anyone planning to hold business meetings, the refreshments they provide in the package are wonderful...would love to have their lemonade at work all the time!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Pam C,
This comes as a personal thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful comments concerning your recent stay at our property. The opinions of our guests are of the utmost importance to us, because our goal is to provide each and every guest the "Ultimate Stay Experience"! We are so excited that you enjoyed the surrounding area. Our culinary staff always goes above and beyond in food preparation and we were glad to hear you enjoyed the service and the food. We look forward to you selecting Hilton Charlotte University Place as your "must stay" location the next time you are in town.