“Great Service”

Ranked #18 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Service”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had a wonderful experience at this Hilton, the service was great and the rooms were very nice, especially the ones facing the lake. Marieta Bryan, the guest loyalty manager assisted us with our stay and took great care of us! She is the main reason we will come back again! Our company travels a lot to Charlotte and we will always stay at this hotel.

Make sure you choose the executive level room so you have access to the lounge. The food and drinks were wonderful after a long day at work.

Room Tip: Lake View on executive level.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Marieta B, Guest Loyalty Manager at Hilton Charlotte University Place, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Lisa A,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent stay. We were very glad to hear that you enjoyed the rooms and that the service was what you expected from a Hilton property. I thank you for your kind words regarding my service and I am glad to hear that you will be returning. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you and your company.

Very truly yours,
Hilton Charlotte University Place

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times and it just gets better and better. Not only do they have the most clean and fresh rooms but the staff is very friendly and always interacts with you. Marieta Bryan is Guest Loyalty Manager and she always takes great care of us. She even recommends restaurants to us in the area. We have received discounts just because they know her. The hotel is in a beautiful setting and has many shops and restaurants around. It is an easy drive to down town where there is a lot of action as well. The hotel is great for weddings inside or out and also for conferences, family reunions, etc. The breakfast is wonderful and the omelet chef is the best. The only down side is that the business center is in the actual lobby and it can be very noisy and it lends itself to lots of kids thinking it should be used for playing games online. But they make up for that with the business traveler having the area and internet in the rooms to use so you don't have to be in the business center. The pool area has been redone and is beautiful with private sitting areas as well as an outdoor fireplace for chilly evenings. The workout center is great. Because of where it sits, there is an outdoor playground for kids. There is no other place I would stay when coming to Charlotte.

Room Tip: If you are a Hilton Honors Member - stay on the 12th floor either in room 1204 or another on that si...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear CWeisbarth,

Thank you for your positive feedback from your recent stay. We were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff went above and beyond to make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for your kind words for my service. We all strive to make each guest have the Ultimate Stay Experience. We were also glad that you found our hotel so convenient to many shops and restaurants and that you enjoyed the view and our pool and outdoor fireplace. We look forward to you choosing the Hilton Charlotte University Place as your "must stay" location.

Very truly yours,
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My family and I stayed for two nights at the Hilton Charlotte University Place as a means of recovering from jetlag before we moved on to other places.
Upon our arrival at the hotel, the wonderful service was evident as we were greeted by a very welcoming and friendly receptionist who was more than happy to be attending to us.
When we got to our room, as the usual anticipation of expecting a room and opening the door, we gasped 'wow this is beautiful!' as our room was revealed. The cleanliness was of a top standard, and the interior design of the room was chic, modern, spacious and very comfortable.
Availing of the executive suite, we had hors d'ouvres in the executive lounge which is truly something else. With an upstairs 'cubby' (little relaxing area) it is very cosy, 'cute' and relaxing. The Views of University Place are gorgeous, and the service in the lounge is also top class, with each staff member attending attentively to any needs and presenting themselves to us in a incredibly friendly manner that makes you feel valued. In particular, we were talking to Monique and Marietta (I think?) who came to talk to us, and honestly, I have never met more lovely, genuine people in my life. The selection of food and drink in the lounge ensures that there is something for everyone.
The hotel itself has an outdoor pool which is one of the most relaxing things I have experienced. Especially around 9/10pm at night when dusk is falling. If you stay here, I recommend just sitting by the pool around this time and watch the night go dark amongst the music, lights and tranquility of the pool area.
The hotel is located so conveniently, with literally a 5 minute walk at most to anywhere, including an endless number of shops and restaurants which are all lovely. And it's only a 12 minute drive into Downtown Charlotte.
The beds are wondrously comfortable. You are guaranteed a great nights sleep in sheer comfort, especially as the rooms are very well air-conditioned to contrast with the heat outside.
This two night stay has proved that the Hilton Charlotte University Place is one of my most favourite hotels in the world, and I thoroughly recommend staying here if you come to Charlotte, because if you don't, you miss out.

• Stayed July 2014
Marieta B, Guest Loyalty Manager at Hilton Charlotte University Place, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Elena Byrne,

Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with our property. We were over-joyed to hear that were able to experience one of our newly renovated rooms and visit our Executive Lounge with a panoramic view of the lake. We were also glad to hear that our staff met and exceeded your expectations. We appreciate the kind words you mentioned about Monique and Marieta for their hospitality. Thank you for the excellent recommendation as we strive to give each guest the Ultimate Stay Experience. We look forward to you choosing the Hilton Charlotte University Place as your "must stay" location.

Best Regards,
Durham
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I had my family reunion here recently and was very pleased with the hotel. The banquet staff as well as the sales and catering staff were very helpful and my family reunion was a success. The hotel was extremely busy that weekend so I was very surprised that they were able to a meet our specific request. I did not stay in a room , but my family didn’t have any complaints about the room or facilities. They also enjoyed the free parking as well as the close proximity of restaurants and shops. This hotel is a good alternative to the pricey ones uptown .. you are a short 15 min drive away from most of the major areas of charlotte.

Dear SHarris84,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your Family Reunion Event. We were so glad to hear that our Banquets Staff, Culinary Staff and Sales Staff assisted in making sure your event was successful and that all your guests enjoyed themselves. We were glad to hear that our hotel is conveniently located to several shops and restaurants within walking distance with a lakeside view. We look forward to hosting your Family Reunion in the future.

Baltimore, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Charlotte, N.C. must be the hotel of choice in the Area There was so much going on including the group I was booked with. The reservation desk was not like the traditional desk. There were three desk with a receptionist at each one as needed. The rooms were average. The halls could have used some new flooring but the rooms were average. Perhaps it was the lighting that made the floors look dull. Due to my error, the reception accommodated me for the one night since my original reservations were cancelled. That gave me time to make reservations at another hotel not far away. This hotel was an affiliate of Hilton. The hotel is situated near shopping and other places to eat.There is a shuttle that I used to get me to another location.This kept me from driving. The parking was more than adequate and self parking was free and valet parking was real cheap. I felt comfort in the location and was easy to get there. It is located right off 85. I would recommend and stay at this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Patricia M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. We are in the process of renovating every guest room to offer a better product for our guests. I was glad to hear that our valet service and our shuttle was very accommodating for your needs. Thank you for your referral to our property and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I visit the Hilton Charlotte University place hotel often on business. This is one of my all time favorite hotels especially due to the staff. Marieta Bryan is doing an outstanding job as customer loyalty manager. She always greets me and makes sure I have everything I need upon arrival. Her focus is always on the guests. Thanks for always making me feel right at home.

Room Tip: The rooms in the older section of this hotel have floor to ceiling windows. I like a well lit room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Marieta B, Guest Loyalty Manager at Hilton Charlotte University Place, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Steve,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay. I was glad to hear that our staff met and exceeded your expectations. I appreciate your kind words about my service. I love making our regulars feel like this is their home away from home and making each guest feel special. I was glad you brought your beautiful wife, Chris with you to visit. I hope you come back soon and thank you for choosing the Hilton Charlotte University Place as your "must stay" location.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Wow! What a wonderful stay! Love the newly renovated rooms. Absolutely gorgeous! The kids had a blast in the outdoor pool. The breakfast buffet was simply amazing! So many choices! All the employees from the the bellman to the front desk and restaurant were so friendly and helpful including Erin Brown. She gave us lots of great information on the area-- so many things to see and do! Great restaurants and shops within walking distance too. The lake behind the hotel with the swans and paddle boats was awesome! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Marieta B, Guest Loyalty Manager at Hilton Charlotte University Place, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear 4Travelers932,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your newly renovated room. We were also glad to hear that our front desk staff, bellman, restaurant staff and Erin Brown met and exceeded your expectations. Our staff strives to go above and beyond to deliver Excellent Customer Service to our guests and to make your stay a memorable one. We look forward to you choosing the Hilton Charlotte University Place as your "must stay" location.