“Construction and Resturant help not helpful”

Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place
Ranked #4 of 182 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 6 March 2013

The elevators are in bad shape.New ones are needed bad and no ice machines on the 6th or 7th floor broken iron in room and walls too thin.It was very hard to get sound sleep.Every Morning when I went down for Breakfast there were no spoons and very few plates and not enough Eggs Beacon Potatoes etc.I had to go get my own juice it just wasn't a good experience for me.

Room Tip: If you don't like walking don't take a room on the 6th or 7th floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank James U
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Dear James U,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay as we always strive to provide a unique experience to all our guests. I apologize for the inconvenience brought about by the renovations and service encountered. Nevertheless, we sincerely hope that you will afford us another opportunity to showcase our usual levels of service.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Do not stay here. Yes it is under construction but that's no excuse for the place being dirty! Don't waste your time or your money. Yes I'm sure one day it will be beautiful but for now...no thank you.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bran2828
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear Bran2828,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. We are very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience because of the renovations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 March 2013

A coworker and I were staying at the Hampton Inn around the corner and were very unimpressed. We came by and met Deborah who showed us the newly renovated rooms and the services. We immediately booked for our next 6 weeks.

The staff is hands down the best I have ever encountered. I am in hotels Mon - Fri about 11 Months per year. Carolyn and Janet up front are a delight to deal with and are always friendly and welcoming. Within the first week most of the staff knew me by name and I knew them.

The rooms are clean, new and overall great. Not the largest I have ever been in, but large enough. The beds are extremely comfortable and the linens are very nice. Each room has a fridge and microwave along with a fairly large flat screen TV.

I will definitely be back again for business and even when I bring my family to Charlotte for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 31 January 2013

This Holiday Inn gets a big thumb up from me. I had a great experience with the Front Office Manager Carolyn Jackson. Ms. Jackson helped me with some last minute business documents. Her professional manner and attitude is a credit to this Holiday Inn.
In addition, the room was clean, bed comfortable, a flat screen t.v., microwave, and refrigerator.
I will stay here again when in Charlotte.

Room Tip: Very quiet
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TomtheWeeklyTraveler
Reviewed 30 January 2013

This is my second time staying at the hotel. My 1st visit was prior to the room renovations and had great experience then as well. My room was excellent! Flat screen tv, refrigerator and microwave, comfortable bed and very clean. All of the staff were friendly and attentive especially Mr. Michael Crawford and the housekeeping staff. All of my request were met with a smile and they offered assistance beyond what I would consider their regular housekeeping duties. They are in the process ot renovating other areas of the hotel but i was not inconvenienced by the work being done. I am looking forward to the completed renovations, and I will continue to stay here whenever I am in Charlotte.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 22 January 2013 via mobile

We did a last minute trip to Charlotte for the weekend and booked the Holiday Inn through Priceline at a great rate. When we checked in I was notified that all the rooms had been renovated!!! The rooms were very modern and the beds feel great! The only problem I had was when we checked in we were informed the bar closed at 12... Well we went to the bar at 1130 and all drinks had been locked up. She looked as though she was ready to go home so we took our money across the street to Fridays! Other than that great stay!!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 28 December 2012

This was by far one of the best Holiday Inns that we've stayed in. The staff were all fantastic, friendly and very helpful. Even down to the littlest thing, always willing to give helpful advice/direction. Although, most of the floors were under renovation, the room were had was immaculate, we couldn't hear any of the construction or work being done.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family