“Amazing Bar and lounge Staff!”

Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place
Ranked #4 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Charleston, South Carolina
“Amazing Bar and lounge Staff!”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I've been staying here on Business for a few weeks and the lounge staff is amazing. After working all day they are easily the highlight of my day. The staff consists mainly of two awesome ladies, Alanna and T, that make sure anything you need is taken care of. These two ladies are the reason I come back here to stay.
The overall Hotel is clean and a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear 68piper,
It is great to hear that our staff is one of the reasons you come back to our hotel. We hope that you continue to choose the Holiday Inn Charlotte University as your home away from home!
-Anthony White, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 November 2013

As part of a group staying there in November, we got the full look at the HI staff here, and they were sbsolutely top-flight start to finish. Any issues we had were addressed, from transporting us to a local mall (and the downtown arena) in groups, helping us with recommendations, answering questions and generally going the extra mile with anything we needed. I would stay here again, and would recommend it to anyone heading to the Charlotte area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Tom M,
Thank you for the great review! We are glad that we could accomodate your group and that you had an excellent experience. Hope you choose the Holiday Inn Charlotte University for any future stays in Charlotte!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Business and traveling is part of our lives me and my husband. Before we came to Charlotte we were reading about some hotels in our area of preference so we decided on the holiday inn specially we heard it is newly renovated, we stayed in it few years ago it was an ok place. so this time was really different it was easy to notice the changes. i love the fresh feel of newly renovated hotels. very clean and comfy. but you would not like the place unless there is nice staff guess what all of them were nice and friendly.
the downstairs restaurant was perfect place to hold our meeting. calm, neat and comfortable. the staff were professional. what added to our pleasant experience in there is meeting the sean the restaurant director who made sure everything was good, very nice guy with great personality. Rarely you meet someone like that who knows his job and seems his enjoys what he is doing. very educated and modest. My husband was impressed with his knowledge on hotels and food business, we learnt several things from him during the short time we spoke to him.
room was nice and clean and the room service was good so no complains at all.
whenever we have trip to charlotte holiday inn at university will be our choice we wont be wasting time searching.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Lor M,
We are glad you decided to choose us here at the Holiday Inn Charlotte University for your stay. I will let all of the staff know, especially Sean, about the great review you've given us. We are excited that we will be your choice hotel when you come back to Charlotte and can't wait to see you in the future!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Freshly renovated,clean, moderne with a boutique feel.it really amazed me knowing that I've stayed here before, it's just like I've walked to a brand new hotel!!! What a nice transformation.

PROS:
Always clean and welcoming.
Free succulant breakfast in the concierge with heavy hors d'oeuvres every evening, very suitable for supper. Tasty and fresh.

Restaurant and concierge lounge crew very friendly and work hard to go the extra mile to make us feel at home. exceptionally treat each customer respectfully.
Restaurant Manager is also someone I can't say enough good about. he stopped by our table many times to check on us he just made us feel so special.

CONS:
Having been here over a dozen times in the past two years, I can't think of any. Even if I were able to, they are far outweighed by the beautiful facility, excellent value for the price, and professional yet personal attention to all guests and their individual needs. This hotel would really have to mess up big-time to drop even slightly from 5 stars.

THANK YOU, Sean and Carolyn for consistently superior value. This hotel is like the Chick-Fil-A of fast food, the harris teeter of supermarkets, and the Apple of electronics. Slightly higher in price but unsurpassed in value and customer service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Diane H,
This is an amazing review you've given us, and for that I Thank You! I'm glad to hear that we've exceeded your expectations and that you love our newly renovated hotel. I will make sure all of the staff knows how highly you spoke of each and every one of them and I'm sure they will be just as excited as I am about your review. We hope that you continue to choose the Holiday Inn Charlotte University for any future stay if you are in the area and are looking forward to it!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife decided to throw me a surprise birthday party and used our Holiday Inn points to sneak my mother into town. She said the hotel was beautiful and everyone was very helpful. After she checked out and got back home she realized that she left her tablet at the hotel. Someone had turned it into the front desk. When she called, Carolyn put her mind at ease and was also the one who was there for her check in and out. I was able to swing by the next day and pick it up. Definitely went above and beyond and will highly recommend and use again for our out of town guest.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Patrick H,
Thank you for the great review! I'm glad to hear Carolyn was there every step of the way and that she put your mind at ease in regards to the tablet. We hope you will return in the near future and we are looking forward to your arrival!
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Down here for the week. First time at this hotel. I overheard somebody state they just finished renovations so this is more or less a new hotel. I'm not into modern or retro but the style wasn't an eye sore or too BOLD. I didn't use any of the facilities beyond breakfast but I would come back based on what I saw and experienced. The BIGGEST factor was the staff. I mean ALL of them were nice and polite and helpful. This is the first hotel I have ever stayed at where the cleaning staff asked how my stay was and hoped that I would come back. I stepped into the elevator with a couple of staff members and they both asked how my stay was and if they could do anything for me. My wife and I stayed in a 5 star hotel once and we didn't get this kind of friendly greetings from everyone we met. Hats off to everyone on the hotel staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Dear WARedBear,
It is great to hear that you had a wonderful experience here at the Holiday Inn Charlotte University. Each guest should feel as if this were their home away from home. I will make sure the staff knows how highly you spoke about them and we hope you keep us in mind for any future reservations!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Moved from California to Charlotte this year. This hotel was our home for over two months. We arrived during renovations and were able to witness the transformation of the hotel. It is gorgeous! We were treated as family by ALL the employees. As a Platinum Member, I had access to the Concierge Room for breakfast and an evening reception which were fantastic, specially on Wednesdays. Front Desk employees Janet, Naomi and Carolyn, Concierge employees Lisa and Kim, Stephanie. Manager Brent, Manager Debra. Driver Kyle. Again, all deserve praise. We felt at home. The Valle Family

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Rodolfo V,
We are glad that we became your home and you were able to witness the great transformation of the Holiday Inn Charlotte University. I will personally let all the employees know about the amazing review you've given us. We look forward to any future reservations you will have with us and hope to see you soon!