“THE most comfortable beds!”

Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place
Ranked #4 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed 01.16- 01.19.14. The beds at this hotel were THE most comfortable beds. We were so thankful because they allowed for a great nights sleep. The hotel is modern, clean, and in a great location relative to UNCC. The staff was very kind, helpful, and professional.

I would say the restaurant is the only thing 'lacking' at this location. We ate breakfast there one morning. The buffet would compare to that of a free offering at the Holiday Inn Express, but here you were charged $12.95. We also ordered blueberry waffles off the menu, and I swear it was an Eggo-type heat/serve waffle for $8.95. Needless to say we didn't try again.

Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend this location. I'm sure we will be staying here again in the near future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 December 2013

The staff there is super friendly. Racheal and Kimberly are two of the freindliest and most help ladies in the hotel and they both make sure that their breakfast and dinner are always on point. I can't wait to go back and visit again.

• Stayed: November 2013
HICUmgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Kiehansen,

We are excited to hear you had an excellent stay with us! We will let Racheal and Kimberly know about your gracious comment. Looking forward to your next arrival!

-Holiday Inn Charlotte University Management

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I've been staying here on Business for a few weeks and the lounge staff is amazing. After working all day they are easily the highlight of my day. The staff consists mainly of two awesome ladies, Alanna and T, that make sure anything you need is taken care of. These two ladies are the reason I come back here to stay.
The overall Hotel is clean and a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear 68piper,
It is great to hear that our staff is one of the reasons you come back to our hotel. We hope that you continue to choose the Holiday Inn Charlotte University as your home away from home!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

As part of a group staying there in November, we got the full look at the HI staff here, and they were sbsolutely top-flight start to finish. Any issues we had were addressed, from transporting us to a local mall (and the downtown arena) in groups, helping us with recommendations, answering questions and generally going the extra mile with anything we needed. I would stay here again, and would recommend it to anyone heading to the Charlotte area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Tom M,
Thank you for the great review! We are glad that we could accomodate your group and that you had an excellent experience. Hope you choose the Holiday Inn Charlotte University for any future stays in Charlotte!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Business and traveling is part of our lives me and my husband. Before we came to Charlotte we were reading about some hotels in our area of preference so we decided on the holiday inn specially we heard it is newly renovated, we stayed in it few years ago it was an ok place. so this time was really different it was easy to notice the changes. i love the fresh feel of newly renovated hotels. very clean and comfy. but you would not like the place unless there is nice staff guess what all of them were nice and friendly.
the downstairs restaurant was perfect place to hold our meeting. calm, neat and comfortable. the staff were professional. what added to our pleasant experience in there is meeting the sean the restaurant director who made sure everything was good, very nice guy with great personality. Rarely you meet someone like that who knows his job and seems his enjoys what he is doing. very educated and modest. My husband was impressed with his knowledge on hotels and food business, we learnt several things from him during the short time we spoke to him.
room was nice and clean and the room service was good so no complains at all.
whenever we have trip to charlotte holiday inn at university will be our choice we wont be wasting time searching.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Lor M,
We are glad you decided to choose us here at the Holiday Inn Charlotte University for your stay. I will let all of the staff know, especially Sean, about the great review you've given us. We are excited that we will be your choice hotel when you come back to Charlotte and can't wait to see you in the future!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Freshly renovated,clean, moderne with a boutique feel.it really amazed me knowing that I've stayed here before, it's just like I've walked to a brand new hotel!!! What a nice transformation.

PROS:
Always clean and welcoming.
Free succulant breakfast in the concierge with heavy hors d'oeuvres every evening, very suitable for supper. Tasty and fresh.

Restaurant and concierge lounge crew very friendly and work hard to go the extra mile to make us feel at home. exceptionally treat each customer respectfully.
Restaurant Manager is also someone I can't say enough good about. he stopped by our table many times to check on us he just made us feel so special.

CONS:
Having been here over a dozen times in the past two years, I can't think of any. Even if I were able to, they are far outweighed by the beautiful facility, excellent value for the price, and professional yet personal attention to all guests and their individual needs. This hotel would really have to mess up big-time to drop even slightly from 5 stars.

THANK YOU, Sean and Carolyn for consistently superior value. This hotel is like the Chick-Fil-A of fast food, the harris teeter of supermarkets, and the Apple of electronics. Slightly higher in price but unsurpassed in value and customer service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Diane H,
This is an amazing review you've given us, and for that I Thank You! I'm glad to hear that we've exceeded your expectations and that you love our newly renovated hotel. I will make sure all of the staff knows how highly you spoke of each and every one of them and I'm sure they will be just as excited as I am about your review. We hope that you continue to choose the Holiday Inn Charlotte University for any future stay if you are in the area and are looking forward to it!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife decided to throw me a surprise birthday party and used our Holiday Inn points to sneak my mother into town. She said the hotel was beautiful and everyone was very helpful. After she checked out and got back home she realized that she left her tablet at the hotel. Someone had turned it into the front desk. When she called, Carolyn put her mind at ease and was also the one who was there for her check in and out. I was able to swing by the next day and pick it up. Definitely went above and beyond and will highly recommend and use again for our out of town guest.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Patrick H,
Thank you for the great review! I'm glad to hear Carolyn was there every step of the way and that she put your mind at ease in regards to the tablet. We hope you will return in the near future and we are looking forward to your arrival!