“Great location”

Ranked #4 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Edison, New Jersey
“Great location”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great place to stay. Room was clean and comfortable. Nice quiet location with a lot of restaurant choices in the area. Easy to get to from downtown or from the Charlotte Motor Speedway. Breakfast was good. Nice bar area, although I didn't take advantage of it. Staff was friendly. My only complaint is that I requested a wake-up call and didn't get it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Gray Court, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband has had to be out of town for several weeks for work and this was my second week going along. It is hard to be away from home sometimes but by checkout on my second stay I felt like I was leaving family again. There are many smiling faces that are so friendly and caring but I would like to say a few that just stood out and I would love to see again, Carolyn at the front desk as everyone else was always concerned at how you were doing but she had the most smiling face no matter what she was doing and you cannot help but smile back. Kim in the executive lounge in the mornings reminded me of my own daughter and was just a ray of sunshine that I found to look forward to every single day. Hester was our housekeeper both weeks I was there and she was wonderful, she would do as little or as much as I asked, and was very friendly and easy to talk to. Overall though I do have to name my favorite person on my list and that would have to be Rusul, he has to be the easiest person I have ever talked to and made me feel as if I had a personal butler. Besides just being funny, Rusul took me anywhere I needed to go but most of the time he stayed with me, he always carried my bags even one day helped bag my groceries cause I was just finishing up. Also helped get things I needed when he saw me ask at the front desk! I think the only comment I could make that was not positive is I would have liked to see coffee offered at night in the executive lounge or maybe available more at hours other than the morning downstairs. Overall I have to say thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Ingrid is a great bartender! Very attentive and sure to please. Very personable and accountable. She always goes the extra mile no matter what kind of crowd she's serving. Very impressive customer service skills.

• Stayed April 2014
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Visiting my daughter for a couple of days over the weekend. Our room had a fridge and a large updated King bed with nice pillows. We were on the 6th floor and it was quiet even though there were several youth athletic teams on the property. Breakfast was good and the staff was excellent .... I would definitely stay here again.

Dave B.
Dublin, OH

Room Tip: I'm not sure all the rooms on the lower floors were as nice (had a fridge) but you can ask
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Service and stay at this location was a breeze for me. Check-in and check-out are seamless, breakfasts and complementary services are even better. Everybody is super friendly here. The shuttlebus service is always awesome.

One of the shuttle drivers, Rasul, really blew me away with his service. Outgoing, friendly, attentive, and prompt. He was courteous and professional, and dressed sharp as a razor. Very open and welcoming personality. It felt like driving around town with an old friend!

Room Tip: Hotel has 6 rooming floors, ground level has no rooms. Seventh floor is closest to the lounge, but h...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I will always stay here no matter what. I had an issue with my car and asked for assistance from Rasul....from the moment I asked for his help until the very end, he never left me. He made me feel like I was a part of a family that actually cared. His service will definitely keep me coming back to this hotel. I will recommend this hotel to everyone I know because of Rasul....

• Stayed April 2014
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Was here for a horror/scifi convention, so I was expecting judgmental staff -- nope. Super good humor and respect as soon as I walked in. This immediately put me at ease. I was in and out throughout the day and night, from 8 am until 3am, and each shift had great staff at the front desk.

My corner room was tidy, with nice towel arrangements and all of that froufrou, which was groovy. It had a fridge, which was great. Microwave, even! Lots of space, too. The lighting was rather dim, and switches hard to find, but it was manageable.

One thing I appreciated was the foresight to buy earplugs at the Walgreen's just down the road, because the hotel room walls are paper thin. Shame there's no equivalent nose device, because despite the no-smoking policy, the room was lightly permeated with varying scents every night.

The one way roads here make traveling as a visitor difficult, but it is a very convenient location for eating and shopping. An all around solid, safe hotel with great service.

Room Tip: Corner room is great!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear PotatoFiend,

Thank you for your feedback. It is lovely to hear your compliments of our staff and your room accommodations. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. We appreciate the feedback you have provided which will help us as we continually enhance the product and service experience. We appreciate the feedback you have provided which will help us as we continually enhance the product and service experience.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D