“Head of housekeeping Rude!”

Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place
Ranked #4 of 182 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I would first like to say this was a VERY nice hotel to stay at. We where put up by my husbands job, I stayed at the hotel during the day. It is the housekeeping that brought this rating down!
Some of the house keeping was very sweet, but most, including the HEAD of housekeeping was VERY rude! I had the do not disturb sign on the door often,(no need to have to clean everyday), she would loudly knock on the door anyway, WITH the sign out pretty much every day, and WOULD NOT leave until she MADE me answer the door! One of the times I made a mistake to not just leave the sign out AND lock the door,(like I was having to start doing or she would just walk right in), and one of the MALE housekeeping staff walked right in when I was using the restroom, I did not have the bathroom door closed, however did have the sign out!

1  Thank ADISNEY
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear ADISNEY,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased that you found it nice to stay at our hotel. Although I would have preferred you had a more comfortable accommodation. It is truly disheartening to hear that your recent experience was negatively affected by the level of service you have received from our housekeeping. Your feedback is highly appreciated and I am confident that our hotel management will take the necessary actions to improve our services.

I hope that you will give us another chance to host you again as we would like to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stay here over the weekend with my wife while visiting friends. This hotel was amazing. The room was a little musky when we came in but once the AC ran the smell disappeared. The bed was so comfortable to sleep in. The staff was extremely nice. They provide free shuttle service to a five mile radius. You need to go no further then 5 miles or ever 2 miles. The hotel is surrounded by nice eating establishments and bars. The staff gave us 1/2 discount coupons for the full breakfast served at the hotel. The breakfast was fine but it could have been slightly better. The bacon was cooked some what over done and way greasy (that would be my only complaint here). I rate the place 5 stars.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank henrocking
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We are priority members and came to Charlotte for a job interview, It was stressful enough to deal with that but the staff was so helpful and made us feel at home. The lady who checked us in around 11 pm (sorry I do not remember her name but she was from Panama and we enjoyed talking with her) was so efficient. The next morning I got directions from Janet Price at the front desk to a local department store. I was running a little late and she made me feel calmer. Very nice lady and very knowledgable! Moe waited on us for breakfast and he was wonderful and attentive as well. Beautiful renovation. Will come back if my husband gets the job offer!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I really can't say enough about the staff at this hotel. I have been a Member since 1999 and this is one of the best. The front desk and food/beverage employees went above and beyond their calls of duties. Carolyn, Naomi, Shirley and Mark made me feel very special and better than an executive at check in/out or whenever I pass. Ola, Rachel and Kimberley are exceptional at their performed duties. These individuals were always smiling, polite and their work habits-behavior exemplified the phrase: 5 Stars Service. Someone in my party requested something extra ordinary; Ola not only provided his request but, she gave us 2 other servings from the kitchen. This was awesome- she could have easily said: "we do not have that" and she would have been correct. To me and my friends, Ola is not only an asset to this hotel but to the entire service industry. Thanks very much and you have my total recommendations.

Room Tip: The king rooms are large and open with lots of space to move about. Stay on the 3 top floors and esp...
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great place. The fitness facility had brand new equipment. The concierge lounge was very nice. The food was very good. Helpful staff. Ola especially was very nice in helping to make my stay fantastic!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I am both an IHG platinum member and a hilton honors gold member and have usually found that the hilton properties are a higher quality. However, this hotel shatters that norm. Not only is the hotel very nice, the staff, breakfast, and rooms are great! If you are staying in the Charlotte area, I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 24 May 2014

One of the more pleasant HI Properties I have stayed at. Throughout my visit there was a consistently excellent, warm attitude from the staff. It was a pleasure. The property is in a convenient location. Common areas are nice and the room was good. No issues. Easy access from I85.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business