Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place
  • Room Service
US$149
US$134
GardenInn.com
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$94
All reviewsred skyfront deskthe concierge loungeuniversity placefamily reunionthe entire staffrooms are cleangreat customer servicebreakfast buffeta great stayshuttle servicestaff was friendlyenjoyed my staymayrathidahathatori
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel with poor cleaning staff my first room the bathroom was not cleaned, hair in the drain, old soap stuck on the soap dish and stains on the bedsheets. Now please note the management staff was great they responded immediately they changed my room offered me free breakfast and was very polite. 2nd day of my four day stay I left a note for the cleaning staff to change my sheet and it was not done. Someone needs to spot check behind the cleaning staff because they are doing the bare minimum in my opinion in cleaning the rooms. Great management is not enough to bring me back. Sorry Holiday Inn this location is a no return for me.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank wanda h
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear wanda h,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your thoughts and concerns. We appreciate all feedback we receive and use it to help develop the product and the service we offer.

I am disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with the level of cleanliness and housekeeping services. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 August 2014

A great place to stay that's convenient to everything. It has a great bar ran by an awesome bartender named Mihaela. The food was excellent and the entire staff was friendly. I greatly enjoyed my stay and plan to return anytime I'm in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 11 August 2014

It was a pleasure working with the staff at Holiday Inn Charlotte University. They were very courteous and accommodating. The level of professionalism that we encountered at this facility truly accentuated the awesome time we had with our family.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights while in town for a wedding. The hotel is extremely clean and quiet which is always a plus. I checked in on a Friday and while it was very busy there was not much of a wait at all. The free wireless is fast and the bar and restaurant is a very nice surprise. I highly recommend this hotel for it's convenience to the interstate and nearby restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family reunion was in Charlotte Aug 1- 4, 2014 and this hotel was selected. Although out of -towners were a little disappointed at the selection given their past experiences, they decided to trust the family in Charlotte and make the best of it. After arriving there were no complaints but plenty of smiles. Janet checked us in and was very accommodating getting our rooms close together as possible. She greeted us cheerfully when we were passing through the lobby and was prompt getting us shuttle service. Shuttle driver Rasul was simply the best! Always courteous and with a smile waiting while we gathered everyone for our outings. A good breakfast, friendly staff, appealing landscaping and a pool helped to make our reunion a success! Thank you Holiday Inn Charlotte University!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family