All reviewsred skyfront deskthe concierge loungeuniversity placefamily reunionrooms are cleangreat customer servicea great staybreakfast buffetthe hotel staffstaff was friendlymayrarasulthidahathaconcerthousekeeping
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Typical holiday inn, although it's in a convenient location.
Room service was pretty good.
The highlight though is the 7th floor concierge lounge.
The view alone is quite pleasing but what makes it spectacular is Ms. Mayra.
She excels in service and if your visiting on business her smile and warm personality will be the highlight your day.
She makes great conversations with all that are present.
The hotel could lower the price of the beef but the free food on the 7th floor more than makes up for it.

If you stay here but fail to go visit Ms. Mayra on the 7th floor you surely let yourself down and meeting a wonderful hostess

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Syed- Younus Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the associates were hospitable and provided great service to you. I will share your kind words with them. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I've spent 6 weeks at this Holiday Inn for business, and the hotel has been consistently comfortable and welcoming. The rooms have been clean and well supplied with towels and toiletries, and the concierge lounge breakfast has been very convenient.

My favorite part of my stay has been the service I've received at the on-site restaurant and bar, specifically with bartender Tori and chef Sammy. Tori is absolutely delightful and creates fantastic mixed drinks, and her demeanor has really made weeks away from home bearable. I've done a lot of business travel, but I have never encountered a bartender and chef duo with the combined skill and positive attitude that they both offer. I've looked forward to these weeks away, instead of dreading going out of town to stay at this hotel, and that's no small task.

Sammy makes some great food, and it's surprisingly reasonably priced. I personally have enjoyed the Quesadilla (Steak) and the scheduled Italian Buffet (Chicken Parmesan, Caesar Salad, Pasta w/ Cheese Sauce, Garlic Bread) the most, and I've tried most of the menu. The Quesadilla is especially good, but be sure to ask for the complimentary guacamole on the side.

All in all, great hotel with amazing service. Thanks to Tori and Sammy for making me feel at home.

Dear Zach,

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Sammy and Tori are amazing. The food and drinks were always top notch. They always made me feel at home and made my stay from home more enjoyable. I recommend you stay here and come to the Red Sky lounge for food and drinks.

Dear Dustin,

Reviewed 9 September 2017

My organization was planning on evacuating to this location as Hurricane Irma's path was still/and is still being depicted. Mrs. Deborah Slivensky and I were in direct communication though-out a 3 day span. Her diligence and flexibility with our organization allowed us to make adjustments last minute on a block of rooms. Even allowing split changes in the quantity of rooms needed. If given the option I would recommend this location again as a possible evacuation point for my organization.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Overall the hotel was great!
When I first checked in and did my inspection of the room, I noticed the mattresses cover had a noticeable stain. I reported it to the front desk and the staff ook care of the issue. I will stay at this hotel again. Overall it's very clean and the staff is very professional and nice.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family