“Great place for the price”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #126 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Watertown, New York, United States
“Great place for the price”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I was reluctant to book a night here after reading some of the reviews, but it seems like a totally different hotel. The clerk at the desk was friendly and welcoming. The room was dated but clean. The room needed more towels and they responded promptly. The bed was comfortable and we slept great.

Room Tip: Get a king room and ask for a flat screen tv
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 April 2013

It was past midnight when the complimentary shuttle bus deposited us at the hotel, exhausted victims of a missed flight connection. During the painfully slow check-in procedure, I requested a room that wasn’t close to an elevator. However, as the accommodation that we were assigned was opposite an ice-vending machine, it threatened to be no less noisy. The room itself came equipped with a flip-chart, and several rows of tables and chairs; we’d been placed in an en suite conference room! After a few moments we discovered that our bed was camouflaged as a section of wall. The pillows were located in a broom cupboard. To be fair, the bathroom was clean and functional, but the rest of the room was carpeted with a degree of hygiene that we didn’t want to introduce to our bare feet. It was too late to consider watching TV, and anyway, our viewing pleasure would have been somewhat compromised by the screen being situated some 25 feet from our bed (which, incidentally, sagged badly in the middle). On the other hand, the abundance of furniture offered an opportunity for the best ever game of the floor is lava.

I have scored the room higher than I had originally intended, as the breakfast was above average for this class of hotel, and moreover, this experience has equipped us with a comical tale to relate to our friends. Nevertheless, in addition to elevators, my list of check-in prohibitions now includes vending machines and Murphy beds.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
NC
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We chose this hotel because we were going to a One Direction Concert in Charlotte and the price seemed reasonable. We tried to check in 15 minutes early and we weren't allowed to. Then we had to wait for our room because it wasn't ready. The front desk staff was quite unpleasant. The outside stairwell near our room was suppose to be "taped" off because the railing was missing on the outermost part of the stairwell (see picture). It looked like the stairs had been like that for a while. I didn't dare let my children go near the stairwell as we were on the 3rd floor. Our room was on the backside of the hotel and it was dark and creepy. We saw numerous people standing on the outside walkway smoking and a couple people drinking beer and smoking. It almost seemed like people were living there? I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and especially not familes. The police visited a neighboring room also.

Room Tip: Back side of building is dark and creepy!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Due to the Nemo blizzard, we ended up in Charlotte for the night. So no reservations. We were able to get a room here, no muss, no fuss. It is close to the airport, includes breakfast and shuttle. The room was basic, no frills, but all we needed. There is a pool, but it was closed for the season. Cracker Barrel was right next door. I did observe one person having a parking issue though.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Calabash, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This is a place that is hard to review. The good: very close to airport with a 24 hour a day shuttle, a very friendly staff, free or almost free parking while on trip. The bad: the rooms were clean, but very dated, breakfast was very limited and I had to go back to the room for a tea bag. The ugly: the outside of the hotel was a mess, trash bags stacked up near lobby entrance, trash all over the parking lot, paint badly needed everywhere. This hotel needs someone to come in with a big eye for detail and go to work. One "N" in Quality Inn behind the front desk was missing. This hotel is a couple of steps from being really bad or a couple of steps from being just fine for a quick stop overnight to the airport. Next time we travel out of Charlotte, unfortunately, we will go elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dale1006
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I came in on the last flight to Charlotte. This Quality inn was the first one I found that had a 24-hr shuttle to pick me up from the empty airport. Upon arrival to my room, I found that the TV was unplugged. It was late, but I needed the noise of the TV in the background as I completed a project and settled in for the night. I plugged in the TV and about 2 minutes later the volumn went up to the max. It was after 2am and I didn't really care to wake the neighbors so I turned the TV off. About 5 minutes later, the TV randomly came on and went up to full volumn. I could then see why it was unplugged in the beginning.
I then found that the toilet tank was broken on top and the bathroom wall was sheetrocked from a repair, but not painted. The shower dripped all night and the sink was plugged.
Basically, the room was in disrepair and should not have been rented out.
I stated my concerns to the manager in the morning and she acted very surprised and was very ready to make it right for me, which she did.
The room was reasonable, but I certainly would not recommend this hotel unless they did some major remodeling and repair in the near future.
The upside was that it was right next to the Cracker Barrell restuarant so I was within walking distance of some good home cooked southern food.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We stayed here before a morning flight and it did what we needed which was provide a safe place to stay with parking and an airport shuttle. We were a bit apprenhensive when we went to our room. The light outside the elevator was flickering ominously and the stairs were wonky and crumbling around the edges. The room itself was clean, though small. The beds were too soft for my taste but I didn't wake up with a backache so they must have been reasonably supportive. The sink area appeared to have been redone recently, though the tub was old with some stains and a cigarette burn. Still, it seemed clean and recent tenants must have taken the no smoking signs seriously since there was no odor. Breakfast is the ordinary hotel continental and the shuttle drivers both ways were personable and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family