“Traveling with family who needed hotel near airport”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #131 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Seven Lakes, NC
“Traveling with family who needed hotel near airport”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Booked room when we thought we were only going to be there maybe 7 hours, just to sleep. Plans changed and wound up being there somewhat longer. We were put in a handicap room which was not requested or required. It was fairly noisy as well. The room was very small.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Garner, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The location of this hotel is less than desirable, the place itself is run down. My son and I took a 2 night trip while visiting UNCC. When we got into our room the trash can had trash in it, and there was a cup on the bathroom counter with cigarette butts in there, also it looked as if someone was recently sitting on the bed. My take was an employee took their lunch break in the room before we got there. There was graffiti on the bathroom door, the door itself was a challenge to open once you were in there, it would get stuck at the bottom and you really had to push hard to get it to open. The breakfast was typical continental, I don't know where the other reviewer got sausage eggs and bacon, but it wasn't at this location. The last morning there I was greeted by a visitor, a palmetto bug or roach went crawling past me as I sat at the table. The doors have huge gaps in them, you can see the light coming through, so any bugs can get in. Parking was horrible, both nights we had to park at the opposite end of where our room was. One of the beds had a broken box spring or something, if you sat on that side it leaned all the way over, there is no way two people could have slept on it, luckily only one had to. The staff was friendly, so that was the only plus. I told a relative who works in Charlotte where we were staying and was told to get in the room, lock the door, and put a chair up against it, lol.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Granted, Quality Inn is not a high-end or even medium brand. Even so, the corridors (outside) were filthy, there were leaks in the corridor covers that let in the rain, and the rooms themselves were good sized but very, very tired. The Internet connection was spotty. Breakfast was... well, let me just say that you need to go elsewhere for breakfast unless you really, really, really like sugar. On the other hand, given the principle of you get what you pay for, maybe I did try to overdo it with economizing here. Staff was friendly, though.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Boylston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This hotel is a "stone's throw" from the Carowinds Amusement Park. It is clean, well-lighted and well maintained. The staff--from the front desk to the maids are friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good--sausage, eggs and bacon with all the pastries was hot and tasty. We did not go in the pool but it looked inviting. Our room was very clean and spacious with a comfortable king size beed and jacuzzi, We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 May 2013

First off, I made a terrible mistake of booking this hotel before reading the reviews. Once I saw them, I wanted to scream. I emailed choice and informed them of the terrible reviews and the hotel that they represent. At arrival I was skeptical, most reviews express NO FLAT SCREEN. Even though it's not a big deal. It states that in your reservation. I get to my room during a terrible rain storm and realize it's outside and no flat screen. I call the front desk to ask what time room service closes and the desk clerk has no idea? Don't you work here? I felt like mentioning the TV was petty so I left it alone. I reserved a king smoking room and realize my room is not smoking. I call down to the desk and the clerk says sorry we are out. Parking is ridiculous and we had to walk almost around the block to our room. Still I say nothing.. My mini fridge was hanging in the floor. The tub was old and dirty with a floating floor in it and the water didn't drain at all. The couch in the room was filthy and would not be decent for ANYONE to sit or lay on. Breakfast was OK but as the reviews say, there was no meat. Cracker barrel shares the parking lot so that was a plus. Still I said nothing. We went out on the town and came back pretty late with food and the key card wouldn't work.. As the reviews say.. When we went to the front desk the clerk says oh do you need a key rescanned? Uh yeah! This isn't the worst hotel I've stayed but the worst thru choice.. The location is great but I will never stay here again and don't suggest it to anyone for more than one night. I will be contacting their corporate office.

Room Tip: My tip is do not choose this hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank onlyme1978
Texarkana
Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

Clerk at check-in was extremely hospitable. However the room was not the best. Beds were wrinkled and toilet was not cleaned. Beds were not at all comfortable. pillows were even worse. After 60 seconds in the room we marched downstairs and the clerk refunded our money. Thankfully..

• Stayed May 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My husband and I had a meeting in Charlotte so we needed a place to stay overnight. I will begin by saying the picture on the website is very deceiving. The outside of the property is in desperate need of cleaning and repairs. The room was clean but needed to be updated. I didn't feel comfortable or safe and would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business