“Not a bad choice for one night”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #131 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel seems to have gotten some bad reviews, but my experience here was good. I would describe this place as a solid choice, but somewhat worn around the edges. That being said, Sabrina at the front desk was professional and very helpful. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The free breakfast included eggs, yogurt, pastries, toast, bagels, cereal and a waffle maker, plus a variety of juices, milk and coffee. For a quick overnight, it was fine, and the price paid was very reasonable. I will be back.

Room Tip: Go for an interior room to diminish outside noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My mother and my two kids traveled later than we planned because hotels were booked all over. Finally called Choice Hotels main number and they found this hotel had one room available. We checked in at 1:45 am, planning to sleep until 8 to prepare for the last 9 hours of driving for our trip.

Beggars can't be choosers....

Pros: Rooms seem fairly clean. Bathrooms were clean. Beds very comfortable. Nice pillows. Check in person offered good parking advice since the hotel and lot were full. They had a room available. least we didn't have to sleep in our car at a rest area.

Cons:

Our 'non-smoking' room wreaked of smoke. This gave me a headache, made it difficult for me to sleep, and every time I woke up it was still there...never got used to the smell. The shower in the morning was my only reprieve.

The air conditioner didn't work. It just blew in air that wasn't even fresh. Filter and more needs replacing. Only good thing was that the fan drowned out some noise.

The person who checked us in insisted on setting a wake up call for us. I thought he was joking. I said no thank you. Said he couldn't leave until we were out. Think he was joking. Offered personal protection services for $25. Not sure if he was joking.

Got off the elevator to a pile of filthy garbage. Outside of rooms on balcony walkway messy and dirty.

The wake up call we said no thank you to happened at 5 am! We couldn't answer the phone because it was so dirty/sticky the receiver was stuck. Uncalled for wake up call happened again at 5:05 am. This time I unstuck the phone to hear the canned wake up call...that I didn't want...

Could hear neighbors' alarm clocks going off at 6 am and 6:30 am. The second one kept happening every few minutes for 20 minutes. Not sure if they were snoozing or didn't know how to shut it off. Horns beeping outside at 7 am. Guess I'll just get up and take a shower.

Kept all bags zipped because I'm hoping the smoke smell doesn't follow us in the car.

Hesitant to even try the breakfast.

Hoping our Choice Hotels brand hotel we are checking in to tonight is better.

I'm a Choice Privileges member-not feeling too privileged to have stayed here.

Going on three hours sleep, but hey, the sun is shining!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Mia39
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed here to catch an early flight out of Charlotte. Due to bad weather, I had to stay over an extra night. The front desk staff (Beatrice) was extremely helpful and kind-hearted. She went out of her way to help me resolve a couple of issues caused by the delay, which was greatly appreciated.
The breakfast is good, the rooms are basic but clean, and it is close to the freeway without being too noisy. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank itzgee
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Following our Spring Break 2014 trip to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, my wife and I were re-booked on American Airlines through Charlotte, NC, thanks to the craziness that is Miami International Airport. Do NOT, under ANY circumstances, fly with a connection through MIA during spring break. because you will not make it. We had a scheduled 2.5 hour layover, and between American Airlines delays (they blamed weather, the pilot said otherwise) and the ineptitude of MIA Customs we missed our connecting flight. Therefore, we ended up with an overnight layover in Charlotte on our way back to Austin. I give you this backstory so you have some context for my review of the hotel:

Value - Fantastic, they offer special rates for stranded travelers, and information posted in the Charlotte baggage claim. They offer a free, 24/7 shuttle to/from the airport. They offer a free, warm breakfast. They offer a bed, instead of a street corner, to sleep on. Did you know you cannot stay overnight in the airport, even if you have been rebooked? Security will kick you out. Therefore, I can say this Quality Inn & Suites is a lifesaver, and well worth it, when you are in that kind of situation.

Service - The man at the front desk was great. Even though it was the wee hours of the morning and he was dealing with us who only had the clothes on our back, he was funny and kind, and helped us get (literally) the last room at the Inn. It was a smoking room, as he warned us, but anything is better than nothing, right?

Food - It was free. It gave us the sustenance we needed to continue our 48 hour journey back home. It was much appreciated.

Room - had everything a stranded traveler could need; a shower/tub, sink with running water, microwave, mini-fridge, and king-size bed. What more could anyone ask for?

Overall - if it were not for this place, my wife and I would not have had any sleep in two days getting back home. Well worth the little bit of money to stay the night and make us feel human again. If you are every in an emergency situation like we were, then I can recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WilliamM287
Reviewed 19 March 2014

You have found a great hotel. The price is unbeatable. The rooms are; clean, safe, and close to the airport. They run a shuttle to the airport regularly. They have a good quick breakfast, and the staff makes you feel special.

Room Tip: You will sleep and get ready to travel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank glass54258
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

All flights to Buffalo were cancelled. We received the distressed passenger rate via US Airways and Travel Alliance. Beatrice at the front desk was super sweet! The room was comfortable. The beds were super comfy. The shuttle from the airport took an hour to pick us up. The shuttle from the inn left every half hour to the airport. The heater worked very fast. We were so glad to have a bed to sleep in instead of the airport.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I had an overnight stay in this hotel in a large room with all the right facilities. The bed was comfortable and I had a great night sleep. The provide a continental breakfast with adequate choices. They provide a hotel transport collection , so I was collected from the airport and taken back with ease. One issue was that I had to wait for 40 mins for the first pickup, but after this was resolved, no other issues occurred.
I wanted to go into the city, but it appeared a difficult manoeuvre. They advised me how to get there from the airport and advised me that they would be willing to take me to the airport to collect the bus and collect me on my return. I truly appreciated this gesture.

I would strongly recommend the hotel to others.

Please note that the sprinter bus cost $2 which is great value.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo