“Charming hotel in a charming city”

Charlotte Marriott City Center
Ranked #22 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
London
“Charming hotel in a charming city”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed at the Marriott City Centre for the Mustang 50th celebration at the Charlotte Speedway driving across the USA on the Mustangs Across America Drive. I was enchanted by Charlotte the city, and the Marriott lived up to the city. What an excellent location, bang in the centre, and so easy to get to from the freeway, with a huge underground garage, perfect if you're on a road trip.
I've never experienced Southern hospitality or manners before and I was impressed by the calm, friendly and professional manner of every singe member of staff I encountered. The hotel itself is well-maintained (it passed my mould in the bathroom test) and furnishings are perfectly acceptable. The bed was very, very comfortable, I had great nights' sleep every night. What a relief after walking around the Show all day!
I really liked the Champion Sports Bar, casual dining (the food was surprisingly good for a hotel and they have an excellent drinkable Pinot Noir by the glass) and I sampled Cutters, the cigar bar. An experience!
All in all, highly recommended and excellent value for money.

Room Tip: The higher up the better to get the views.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank jeremyfd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The hotel is well located in the city center. Just a walk away from many and different restaurants. The rooms are big and clean. The bead was comfortable. The conference room was well organized on the 3 floor with enough space for over 32 people.
The breakfast was good with plenty of choices.It has a good parking space. The Hotel team is professional and pleasent to talk to.

Room Tip: The room 1116 has a good view but is next to elevator. Noise during the morning.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank WHL573
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Centralized within walking distance of everything. Ruth's Chris and McCormick/Schmicks within 300 feet. Parking on site. All rooms are 9 stories up or higher, so good views beyond downtown. Ball Park, Arts Center and evetyghing else is within 4 blocks of this location. So park your car and leave it till you do.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Eads
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in and odd numbered rooms and those have a street side window exposure. Nothing spectacular about the view, but who comes for that. But the noise from the street, even up 14 floors, was like street level and on the curb. So, if noise is something that is a little bothersome to you when trying to sleep you may want to bring along a pair of earplugs. The inner hall noise was apparent too with doors closing etc.
Ok, on to the good things, very comfortable bedding and pillows. The staff at check in and out were very friendly.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Charlotte M, Manager at Charlotte Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience during your stay at the Charlotte Marriott City Center. We appreciate your comments and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. We take all noise issues very seriously and address them immediately with our team members.
Again, thank you for choosing the Charlotte Marriott City Center during your travels and we hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again.
Illinois
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I was in town for a conference and this hotel worked out well. There are tons of restaurants within a short walking distance. The fitness center was well equipped. However, I hates that the aerobic equipment faced the wall and not the window. The room was clean and spacious. The fact that their is not free wifi is ridiculous!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
King, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Please, think twice before staying here. In no way is this place worth it.
My fiancé and I stayed here last weekend and when I walked into our room, the smell of mildew and musty odor literally burned my nose and eyes. The bellman stated that he smelled it too. This was on the 18th floor. They tried three more rooms. I finally settled on the last one because I was exhausted. I had nosebleeds the next day and I'm sure it was due to this. The rooms are no larger or nearly as nice than any Holiday Inn Express that I've stayed in. And the $222 (for 1 night)
I spent could have bought me two nights somewhere else with a much better experience. Management never apologized, nor ever offered a discount. WORST experience ever, anywhere.

Room Tip: A room at another hotel is the only advice I can give.
Green Features: Mildew! Environmentally friendly, please! Staying here for one night made me have nosebleeds the next day! The lobby and pictures online make it look very inviting, but I wish now that I had gone somewhere else that was sanitary. Cannot stress enough not to stay here!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlotte M, Manager at Charlotte Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our hotel. We do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. We are very sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. With your feedback, we are working with our team to address the issue.
Again, we appreciate your comments and we do hope you will return to stay with us in the future, giving us another chance to show you why the Charlotte Marriott City Center should remain your first lodging choice in Charlotte.
Port Neches, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Right in the heart of the downtown area, or Center City and it's referred to. Within walking distance of Fabulous restaurants and the Bank of American Stadium. Our trip was visiting friends, tailgating, also withing walking distance, and attending the Saints Panthers game. Saints lost unfortunately but it was fun!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends