“Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Minnesota
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott for one night. Great hotel. Updated rooms, very modern. We ate at two of the restaurants and enjoyed both. Pool area was huge. Overall it was one of my favorite stays in North Carolina. We would definitely recommend it and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2009

Stayed 1 night on business this time. Been here before for 3 nights with wife, however. The hotel is very clean and in a prime location for taking in Charlotte. The rooms are modern and comfy. Typical Marriott quality all aorund. The cigar/wine lounge is awesome and quite popular.

I did have some issues though. The night before my return flight, I went to print boarding pass in business center. Printer didn't work. It was late and I had an early flight. I asked front desk to pull up my reservation and print my boarding pass. He insisted on getting the business center printer to work, while I waited late at night and ready to go to sleep. Finally - say 15 minutes later or so - he ended up printing it from the front desk afterall. I was frustrated after this but POLITELY asked for a wake-up call. I even confirmed the time with him. My wake-up NEVER came. Luckily, I had set my alarm on my cell phone or I would have missed my flight.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank VacationDude
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2009

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend and enjoyed it. We had a renovated room so we were pleased with the look and overall feel of the room - it was on the 14th floor with a king-sized bed. We got a promotional rate of $109 a night with free breakfast. Valet parking was $12 a day.

I would stay here again.

Goods:
1 - Clean, updated.
2 - Close to everything downtown. We were there to see the symphony and it is right across the street!
3 - Starbucks in the lobby. Maybe not everyone's favorite - but it is mine!
4 - Pool and Spa areas were nicely kept. The hot tub was really awesome. I didn't use the workout equipment - but it looked new.
5 - Free internet in room. The wireless network was having issues due to the construction - sounded like a temporary situation.
6- Breakfast bar was really tasty and they had a lot of choices.

Not So Goods
- Walls are paper thin. So we could hear a group of girls giggling late one night and a guy on the other side coughing most of the night. Then there was the noise from the drunk guys in the hallway.
-Coffee maker in room just makes a cup for one person. We are early risers and had to wait for the restaurant to open. This was a minor inconvenience.

Neutral
- There were a group of drunk young men that were yelling all night Friday. Then they started after midnight on Saturday. Around 2 AM the manager threw them out but even that was noisy. I was glad the manager addressed the situation and truthfully I don't know how he could have been quieter with that crew.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GoingGoingGone123
Charleston, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2009

We stayed here on St. Patrick's Day weekend for a "girls weekend". This was a great choice, the hotel is right in the center of everything - all the restaurants and bars we wanted to visit were within a 1-block radius of the Marriott. (This was especially appreciated because it RAINED all weekend). The staff was very accomodating, even when we decided to squeeze 5 adult women into a regular sized hotel room - we had planned on getting 2 rooms for 6 women, but when 1 backed out we decided to bunk together. They gave us a rollaway bed, and checking out by splitting the cost between 5 credit cards was no problem at all.

We must have gotten a renovated room because it was modern, clean, and well-decorated. We didn't notice any construction, although they did put a note under our door saying they were doing some redecorating.

The indoor pool and hot tub was wonderful on a cold and rainy weekend, although on a nice day it would be a little depressing to be inside and out of the sun - there is just a very small sundeck. I compensated for the lack of sun by using their tanning bed, just $5 for 20 minutes.

The price was very affordable for such a nice hotel. I wish they had free internet but I guess that's pretty typical at this level of hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
Rock Hill, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2009

On March seventh we were going out for dinner and later seeing Elton John and Billy Joel in concert so we decided to stay in Uptown Charlotte. The reservation had been made only a few days earlier by phone but instead of March 7th the agent had reserved May 7th !!!!) This mistake was cleared up by management after waiting for 30 minutes. The delay caused me to have to rush to get ready for an early dinner reservation. After a wonderful concert experience we returned to the hotel. The next morning we left our 5th floor room for level 3 of the parking garage. There we found our vehicle ( 2009 Suburban) along with 5 other cars had be vandalized. The window behind the driver's side was smashed in. We had taken photographs at a 6-year-olds basketball game that morning so our Canon Digital SLR camera , flash, lenses, etc. were in a bag behind the seat. This was taken along with an ipod. The only person who seemed to care about the damage/ theft was a part-time security guard who helped clean up the glass. What incredible service/safety one gets for Marriott's daily $12 self-park fee. A police report was filed. No member of management ever came out to offer help, say I'm sorry, etc. In fact the general manager never returned two phone calls. I'm glad he is so important. I wish I were.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nctoothdoc
Alicante, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2009

After reading reviews,I booked this hotel specifically requesting a renovated room.
What I received was an extremely old shabby room with worn furniture, a TV relic of the 80's, a bathroom that badly needed redoing- all for the pleasure of $200 a night.
I complained to both onsite staff and Marriott as I am a Marriott Rewards Member./
After the treatment I received, I cut my Marriott Rewards card into pieces.
If you really want a class,comfy hotel upscale hotel to stay at - DON'T STAY HERE
I should have booked the Westin - so should you

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — shabby shabby shabby
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Ray Goldberg
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2009

This is an awesome hotel and great location to city life. You must go and eat at "Blue".

• Liked — The beds were amazing! We love Marriott
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple