“Great rooms and location”

Hilton Charlotte Center City
Ranked #32 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
Johnson City
“Great rooms and location”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Everything you could want is within walking distance. The rooms are very nice. They offer free bottles of water. If you want a bathrobe or a refrigerator, you just have to request it---no charge. There is a $18 charge a day to self park. Pay attention where you park (what letter). Parking garage was confusing.

Room Tip: We stayed in 1411. It was a corner room at the very end of the hall. It was great because we didn...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank srjpJohnsonCity
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Dear srjpJohnsonCity: Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately, we don’t own the parking garage connected to our hotel, but we do have valet parking available at a comparable rate, which I hope you will choose to utilize in the future and find it to be much more convenient and less confusing. All the best!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
North Carolina
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stayed here while attending a conference on site. I had some issues finding the entrance to the hotel as the sign is a bit hard to find from the street. I drove to the location and the parking deck is shared with the other businesses. Since the hotel is in the heart of the downtown and the banking district there are lots of walkable businesses and places to eat but like a business district most of them shut down as soon as the workers go home for the day.

The rooms were very spacious and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. i usually hate most hotel beds but i did like this one. All of the employees i encountered while there were extremely welcoming and inviting, from the valet (even though i did not valet my truck) to the waitress at the Restaurant. The only issue was the almost always empty concierge desk. I saw someone there once but the valets seemed to always be there and willing to answer questions and give recommendations.

Our room was cleaned promptly, Since i was attending a conference on site running up to my room in mid morning i frequently found my room already clean. On the last day i was there we were left with no towels. I found out this was not just our room as several others attending the conference had none and i had to call the front desk for them to be brought up. The woman i flagged down int he hallway still cleaning had no towels left on her cart.

Even though we had small issues everything was very promptly taken care, The hotel was actively monitoring their twitter account and was openly responding to questions. The only issue that was not handled well was the bar we were told one not to close out our checks because they were closing at 11pm only to have them stay open and all more people to create tabs until 1am. the next night we were told midnight but they stayed open till 2am. I'm not sure if this was a last minute decision but ti was rather annoying to be told they were closing only to find out they weren't.

i would stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms are not uniform in size, try to get a room on the side opposite the elevator banks.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear NotTheCar: Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback! Glad to hear you found all of our employees to be extremely welcoming and inviting! Also, I was happy to hear that any issues you encountered were very promptly taken care of. As you experienced during your stay, our Front Desk, Bell & Valet team members all act as the Concierge for our guests. As for the issue in the bar, you are correct that we stayed open later that weekend than we had advertised. In an effort to accommodate our guests and based on business, we decided to extend our hours. I hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Charlotte! All the best!
White Hall, Illinois
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This hotel is close to many restaurants and bars in uptown Charlotte. The location is great for getting on the public transportation railway and the convention center. The hotel rooms were spacious, clean and inviting. When we checked in we were not welcomed very nicely from the front desk lady. In fact we were traveling with a group and no one received good service from the front desk worker who checked us in. Beware to NOT bring kids to this hotel hoping to swim. When I took my child to the YMCA to swim during the only 2 hours in the week she was allowed in the pool; the lanes were in use and she had to leave. Then the YMCA worker was very rude when I asked what other times my daughter could swim during our stay. The pool is ONLY for exercise; no lounging by the pool at this facility.
We were traveling with a group and we enjoyed the patio with tables and umbrellas almost nightly. The staff was overall friendly with our sometimes rowdy group and I appreciate their understanding of our fun. If I was planning a visit to Charlotte for a group this is an okay choice but just know that the pool is for exercise ONLY. The YMCA facilities are great for the health nut which are free to use for hotel guests. Parking was simple and the parking garage was clean and well lit. Parking was $18.00 a day which is not terrible for a bigger city. Again we had a few bumps in the road with the rude check-in and the pool situation but overall we had a nice stay at the Hilton City Center.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amber N
Dear Amber N: Thanks for your feedback! Glad to hear you found our location to be great and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize that you didn’t receive a hospitable welcome, and I am disappointed to hear that. As you noticed during the rest of your stay, we strive to hire individuals who are friendly and who shine with the warmth of hospitality.
We are proud to be able to offer the state of the art Childress Klein YMCA as our work-out facility to our guests, but I do understand that there are limitations as far as children being able to use the pool. I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the near future. All the best!
Mason City, Iowa
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I attended a conference in Charlotte and the location was fabulous for such an event. The rooms were nicely done and clean. The staff was courteous and very helpful. The location was such that you could easily walk to several restaurants and other areas of Charlotte. I was charged for parking, and asked them to please remove it when I was heading out in a cab for the airport. Not sure why parking was put on my bill, but the front desk removed it in a timely fashion.

Room Tip: I was on the 15th Floor- Noise level was moderate.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear IowaMom2011: Thank you for sharing your feedback! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Should your travels bring you to Charlotte again in the future, we’d love to have you stay with us again! All the best!
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Hilton in downtown Charlotte, we wanted to stay downtown because we were going to a concert. The proximity is fabulous, close to everything. Highly recommend this hotel, then again I've never stayed at a Hilton where I haven't been satisfied.

Room Tip: Request access to the executive floor, complimentary drinks at night, and breakfast in the morning.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PJ20Fan
Dear PJ20Fan: Thank you for choosing to stay with us, & thank you for your feedback! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to have you stay with us again in the future! All the best!
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The hotel was unprepared for the number of guests arriving on a Sunday afternoon for a stadium concert that started at 4:30p. We arrived at 2:52p for a 3:00p check in and didn't get to a room until 3:47p. We were one of many waiting for a room. The desk manager (he had a different official title) told us the reservation system of check out at noon and check in at 3:00 was designed to fail. (Not exactly a good pr/customer service approach.) Reservations were for one of the executive floors. We were not told how to access the lounge, the hours of operation during the day or hours for breakfast. And our room key did not work in the executive lounge when we went for breakfast.
On the positive side, the bed was very comfortable, and the room had recently been renovated. The location was only a few blocks from B of A stadium downtown.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Dear SouthernVoice10: Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I apologize that your room was not ready upon check-in, and I am sorry for the delay you experienced. I understand that would be extremely frustrating especially since you needed to get to a concert that evening. While it is important to have rooms ready upon check-in time, it is our top priority to ensure all rooms are up to Hilton standard prior to check-in. When it is very busy and guests check out after noon, this occasionally can create a delay in room availability. I hope you choose to give our hotel another opportunity to show you that we are passionate about guest service and exceeding guest expectations. All the best!
Sudbury, MA
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I was speaking at a recent conference at the hotel, and was very pleasantly surprised that they reached out to me before my stay on Twitter well before I actually arrived. The rooms were nicely done, spacious (I upgraded to the exec level), and the breakfast upstairs was just right, and the customer service remained outstanding in every interaction I had with a member of the hotel staf throughout my stay.

Room Tip: If you can pay for the upgrade to exec / higher floor, well worth it.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear phollows: Thank you so much for your feedback! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future! All the best!