“Perfectly Fine”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, Minnesota
“Perfectly Fine”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The City Center Hilton is very conveniently-located one block from the Convention Center, and near a lot of sit-down dining and fast-food options. Overall, it is clean and comfortable. The Y across the walkway on the third floor is a little nicer than the usual exercise room, so I'd call that a plus. Its use was complimentary for HHonors (as was the Internet) but check whether they are included in your own deal. The breakfast was quite good and reasonably priced, although I'd suggest they offer a bigger selection of breads. The service at the hotel and restaurant was friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Dear Mark B: Thank you for staying with us and for your review! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We’ll definitely look into offering a larger selection of breads, and thank you for the suggestion. Hope to have you stay with us again in the near future! All the best!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here and our stay was wonderful. Every staff member that we encountered gave exceptional customer service and were polite and friendly. The room was immaculate and quiet and the beds were VERY comfortable. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to the Charlotte area. I look forward to staying here again as we travel to Charlotte often and will make this our hotel of choice.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Melissa M: Thank you so much for your feedback! I’m thrilled to hear that our hotel is your hotel of choice. We look forward to your next stay with us! All the best!
Palo Alto, CA
Reviewed 1 August 2012

The Hilton Charlotte City Center was perhaps the quietest room that I've ever stayed in. There was no noise from next door, no noise from the hallway or the outside, and the air conditioner was virtually silent. That was on top of a well furnished room. It all worked to provide an excellent night's sleep and an excellent place to work during the day.

The room was good sized, including, in addition to a king bed, a very large desk, a comfortable chair and a large settee. It had a refrigerator, an in-room safe and a large surface for luggage. A large flat-screen television hung on the wall over the desk. Everything was new, of modern design and very clean. The bed was comfortable, with fresh, clean linens.

The bathroom had very modern fixtures. The shower (no tub) was a walk-in affair that was big enough to have a party in. Everything there was clean and in good working order. Plenty of plush, huge bath sheets were provided.

Wireless internet was available in the room and worked just fine. For our business conference the normal fee was waived.

The staff we encountered were all very friendly. We had a couple of very good meals at the cafe in the lobby, the Coastal Kitchen and Bar. The hotel is located adjacent to the Charlotte Convention center. An abundance of good restaurants are within walking distance. The adjacent very large YWCA fitness center is available for hotel guests to use. The Charlotte Trolly line stops right outside the back door of the hotel.

We had a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank swj
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Dear swj: Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback! What a great review! I was so pleased to hear that you had an excellent night’s sleep with us and that you found everything to be just right. We’d love to have you stay with us again! All the best!
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Clean rooms, quiet, friendly good service and great location if you want to be on a walk about downtown. Only stayed one night but was very satisfied. i believe they could give wi-fi without hurting the bottom line too much and the bartenders could have been little more professional instead giggly little girls but it was a very slow sunday night.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear aggietraveler76: Thanks for your feedback! It was great to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and location. I will share your feedback regarding your bar experience with our team members, so that we can learn from it. Our guests are our top priority, so we must be aware of our guests at all times, and always be professional and hospitable. We hope to have you stay with us again! All the best!
charleston
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I have stayed at this location once before and both stays have been good. I got a very reasonable govt rate for our Friday night stay. The room was very nicely decorated with VERY comfortable beds and bedding. The large glass shower could have easily fit multiple people. I think it's wonderful, even though the one small shelf for bathing products and no bench makes shaving tough. Perhaps staying multiple days would prove more difficult. The bath has a really nice sink faucet with a wide water stream, very pretty. A magnifying mirror and large mirror vanity were very useful. We parked at a meter space DIRECTLY across the street from the entrance and being a Friday evening to Saturday afternoon, it was FREE! We were comfortable walking .7 of a mile to our venue after 9pm. Walking to local restaurants and nightlife is very easy and close. The room also has a VERY large flat screen television. My only complaint is the lack of a pool on property and the OUTRAGEOUS price of drinks in the bar on the second floor. Thinking our venue would likely charge $10 per drink, we stopped at the hotel bar thinking it would be $7-8. WRONG! Try $12. Insane!
The best part of the stay however was my experience with Judith, who I think may have been a member of housekeeping. As I was peeking out our door looking for a hopefully nearby ice machine, Judith passed through the hall. I asked where the machine was located and she pointed me right next to our room, but noticed immediately that there was a sign that it was not in working order. As I was dressed fairly inappropriate to head to a floor lower or higher than our own for ice, Judith immediately and without hesitation offered to retrieve the ice for me. She didn't even give me a second to comtemplate going myself and did so with a smile. I couldn't believe it and asked if she didn't mind. She was back before I knew it with a full bucket of ice. I was soooo impressed with this gesture and her terrific attitude. No matter what brand or star rating of hotel I stay, rarely do I encounter someone willing to go the extra step. I truly hope Judith is recognized for the gesture which made all the difference in our stay and day! Kudos to her and the Hilton if they recognize what a gem she is. Will definitely return to this hotel, but not the bar! Worth mentioning that the atmosphere in the bar is very nice and beautifully decorated though!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Dear map0125: Thank you for staying with us and for your comments! I was so happy to hear about your interaction with Judith in Housekeeping. We are so proud to have her on our team, and I will be sure to recognize her for going above & beyond. As for our drink prices in the bar, I apologize that you found them to be too high. We’ve found our prices to be comparable to other Uptown Restaurants. Also, we do have great daily drink specials everyday in our bar that range from $3-5 in price. I hope you will stay with us again in the near future. All the best!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Like many who have reviewed this hotel, we received a great price through priceline.com for our stay. The hotel location is quite safe, really central to great restaurants and near I-77 if Charlotte is a stop for you on a roadtrip. (It's only about a block from a CVS and a five-minute drive from a Target and Trader Joe's if you forgot to pack something!) The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, the wifi was free. The staff members were kind, and if we needed anything, they were attentive. The hotel had a valet special for the weekend and parking was $15 (vs. $18 self parking), but they said these are deals they run on weekends when they have a lower occupancy.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingAdvice4U
gsimon, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Dear TravelingAdvice4U: Thanks for sharing your feedback! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! Hope to have you stay with us again! All the best!
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way home from a vacation to Florida. I bagged a great deal on priceline for $65/night and the staff were very friendly and helpful when I requested 2 beds rather than the room with 1 that I was booked for. The Internet was complimentary and the pool at the YMCA was open until around 7 or 8 pm. The beds were comfortable but the room was nothing special and rather small. There was no bathtub, just a shower. Self parking was $18 so when you consider that plus the taxes/fees from priceline, I still paid about $100 for the night. It's worthwhile to remember that whenever you stay downtown in a city, you should add about $20 for parking to the price for your hotel room.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Newfie_Princess79: Thank you for your feedback! I was happy to hear that you found our staff to be very friendly and helpful, and that you enjoyed your stay. Hope you had a great vacation! All the best!