“My son's wedding hotel stay”

Hilton Charlotte Center City
Ranked #31 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Charlotte City Center Hilton is an overall wonderful experience! We selected this site because it was close to the site of our son's wedding. We have stayed at this hotel before and knew what kind of experience we would find.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear TripAdvisor Member, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. Congratulations on your son’s marriage. It is such an amazing time and I am so glad to see you enjoyed this incredible weekend at our Hilton. I hope we went above and beyond and it was an amazing event. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

If I come back to Charlotte, I am definitely staying here again! I left my camera in my room and the security director talked to me about the process of how to look for it and get it back to me. He showed great professionalism and class during the process. Before I contacted the hotel about the camera, I had already decided that I want to stay at the hotel when I come back. This act of kindness and professionalism by the security director of the hotel just sealed that.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Edmundo F., Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. Thank you for your kind words regarding our lost prevention team. I am very glad to hear he was able to reunite you with your items. We hope to see you on your next trip to Charlotte!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This hotel is located just a few blocks from the Epicenter (major food/shopping/entertainment complex), Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, TimeWarner Arena and basically anything/everything else you're looking for in Uptown Charlotte. From the parking valet to the front desk, the service is wonderful. The rooms are spacious and the city views are great. Love the bathroom decor and aesthetics. The television signal was a bit sub-par, but what little we watched of television, that didn't matter. The professional sized desk had an office chair and is perfect for those looking to do work whilst staying here. Optional connectivity to the television is a bonus, although I didn't use it. I have stayed here twice now and is my go-to hotel in the Queen City; a definite recommendation for anyone.

Room Tip: Get the "City View" rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScorpioNC

Dear ScorpioNC, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am extremely glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and everything Charlotte has to offer just steps from the Hilton. We look forward to your next trip to Charlotte!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed here a week ago with friends for the Miami Heat Bobcats game and it was wonderful.
Although we were taking a trip for the weekend to see a game, we didn't want to stay in an old cheap place. The price was affordable to split.
It was located only a short walk to the arena and there was so many places to eat and drink near by!
When I come back to Charlotte, I will definitely stay again.... Only downfall is the nightly rate for parking! $18 :(

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear melodymc, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am sincerely glad you enjoyed your stay and wish it was a win for the soon to be Hornets, but it is a great experience being able to walk to Time Warner Arena from your hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

My room was very clean and although small, well laid out. All the amenities were top of the line. The employees and hotel staff were extremely polite and welcoming upon arrival. The bell service was fast for both checking bags and valet service. Although this hotel is downtown, they had security and I felt very safe during my visit.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Christina G., Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I wanted to be sure you were referring to the Hilton Charlotte Center City and not the Hilton Garden Inn. If so, thank you and if you were referring to the HGI, I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our team down the street. Thank you!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

The Hilton was an incredible place to be. It is central to the Conference Centre, the Time Warner arena and so many great restaurants. The staff was so accomodating; from helping us find our way on the first day of the conference, to recommending restaurants, to helping get Bobcat tickets. All you had to do was look perplexed and there was a "What can I help you with?". You made my trip stressfree! Thanks!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Clark W, Director of Food and Beverage at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Kimberly H.: Thank you so much for your recent trip advisor review and your wonderful remarks about our four diamond hotel. It’s great to hear when our team members are able to enhance a guest visit through their knowledge of Charlotte. I was glad to see they were able to assist in tickets and we all hope the Bobcats gave you a win. We can't wait to welcome you back when your travels take you to Charlotte again.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We will stay here again when we come back into town. We were on the executive level of the hotel and appreciated the breakfast/ service provided. Valet makes it easy to get in and out and the staff is very friendly. The lounge area is a good place to work during the day. The room has a large desk for working as well. Only a brief 2 block walk to the TWC Arena & Epicenter, connected to the light rail and only a few blocks from the Panthers Stadium.

Room Tip: It seems based on all of the reviews, corner rooms will be a bit quieter but we did have some noisy...