“Presentation is everything "Inside and Out "”

Hilton Charlotte Center City
Ranked #31 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte, United States
“Presentation is everything "Inside and Out "”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Whenever I travel alone or with my family the elements of a safe enviroment -inside and out, cleaniness (hotel's upkeeps to details, hallway, entry way, the walls, baseboards, bedroom, bathroom, etc) are the deal breakers for me doing future business with them. This hotel offered me my bells and whistle to doing future business, recommendations and stays with my family. Thank you

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Barbara W., Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to exceed your expectations. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Charlotte.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This Hilton is located in the middle of Uptown, making it very easy to get anywhere you need to go. There are plenty of restaurants located within walking distance (I recommend Mimosa Grill across the street), and it's usually pretty easy to get a cab if you're traveling somewhere farther away. I've stayed here three times in the past four years, and I've always had a consistently pleasant experience. Definitely recommend to anyone wanting to stay in Uptown Charlotte.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear allenrigby, Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. We are truly glad you enjoyed your recent stay and the location of our hotel in the middle of what we call uptown Charlotte. We hope to see you again on your next visit.
Georgia
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We were visiting Charlotte for a wedding. We picked the Hilton for it's perfect location and reasonable rates esp for a suite. We were not disappointed with our choice. Excellent customer service. Pay the upgrade fee for the executive floor. A nice breakfast and evening snacks are included! You also have full use of the YMCA which is connected. It is an older property but well maintained. The only negative is the Y hours are very limited on the weekends.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear RonSmilton, Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities we have to offer. We are very proud of our newly renovated executive lounge and feel it has the best views in the city. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Charlotte.
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My family and I encountered a number of inconveniences during our weekend stay at the Hilton Charlotte City Center Hotel on 3rd Street, Charlotte, NC.

1. Non-working keys had to be recoded twice. Upon check-in, a bellman helped me to my room, but the keys did not work. I had to wait for 15 minutes while he returned to the front desk for new keys.
2. Though we were entitled to have access to the concierge lounge, our keys would not allow
us to take the elevator to that floor.
3. In frustration, I called the front desk repeatedly from various hotel phones to ask for help, but
no one ever answered.
4. As no one ever answered my calls, I was forced to go to the front desk for assistance. There
were 2 agents at the desk and 4 parties in the process of checking in. Assuming that as a hotel guest (and Hilton Honors Platinum member) I would be able to get assistance without having to wait behind guests checking in, I approached Chase, the manager, who told me I would have to wait in line. When it was finally my turn, Chase prefaced his comments with "you need to understand, the front desk was busy..." I found Chase's response to be rude, dismissive and the epitome of poor customer service. I don't believe a guest should ever be told, "You need to understand."
5. The final insult occurred Saturday morning when I asked if my son could practice on a hotel piano for a wedding he was playing that evening. The front desk agent simply told me, "No. Upper management won't allow it." Lenore, another staff member, looked at me sternly and repeated "Absolutely not." Fortunately, a quick phone call to the Omni took care of this problem, and that hotel graciously allowed my son to practice on the piano there.
6. Overall, the staff seemed unconcerned with guests' comfort, convenience and satisfaction. I regret not checking the reviews of the Hilton Charlotte City Center on TripAdvisor before booking our stay there. There are many other hotel choices in downtown Charlotte.
7. My husband and I frequently stay in Hilton Hotels, and we agreed that the service here was blatantly substandard. We will follow up with Hilton management to discuss our disappointment with this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Cleviebee
Dear Cleviebee, Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am deeply sorry for your experience during your recent stay. I promise this is in no way typical of our 4-Diamond service. I would like to discuss the issues you experienced in more detail. Please email me your contact information at Lee.Taintor@hiltoncentercity.com so we can discuss all the challenges you experienced to ensure this type of service never happens again. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel is beautiful and a great way to spend a night downtown. Its within walking distance of everything! the rooms are so clean and nice. I had little interaction with the staff for we only stayed done night in June after arriving from our flight in the Dominican. The valet parking guys are great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone not worried about price and wanting a great place to stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear klmoore, Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. We are glad you chose to stay with us and hope you had an amazing time in the Dominican. Thank you for your kinds words about our team and the hotel. We hope the next time you are traveling you will choose Charlotte as your destination city and stay with us again.
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Hilton is always a safe bet. The place was nice and well appointed, and I was able to do what I needed to do with a minimum of fuss. I wish I'd had time to take advantage of more of the services. Next time I'm definitely hitting the gym and getting some room service for breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Kevin S., Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities the hotel and the City of Charlotte has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip!
North Tonawanda, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Room smelled moldy. Safe in the room did not work. Tried for over an hour to call for room service and could not get anyone to answer the phone. Finally after an hour, valet answered and attempted to connect us. When it rang right back to valet, they said, "Oh well, the kitchen must be busy. It was a decent hotel, but no where near the standards that one would expect from a Hilton. Was definitely the worst Hilton I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear winterrose79, Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am sincerely sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay. This is no way reflects our very high 4-Diamond standards and I am embarrassed for the answer you received and the items in your room not working. I have shared your comments with our Executive Team and we are committed to addressing each and every item you mention. I assure this will be remedied immediately. I hope the next time your travels take you to Charlotte you will give us another opportunity to show you a true Hilton experience.