“not worth what I paid” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Charlotte Center City

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Charlotte Center City
Ranked #31 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
“not worth what I paid”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel is in a great location and has some great amenities. But its not very user friendly. The card system seems out dated and you have swipe your card several times to get the elevator to work. The staff was nice and tried to accommodate my room request but ve advised a double bed is just a little bigger than a twin so you better like the person you are sharing the bed with. the bathroom appeared nice until you started looking in the shower. there was mold all around the bottom and the drain was clogged. Not what I would expect for over 250.00 a night room. Only stayed at this hotel because my usual ones were booked. Doubt I will be back anytime soon.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear 545constancem, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am sincerely sorry for the issues you experienced with your key cards and the condition of the bathroom. I have discussed your review with my engineering and housekeeping team and we have changed the lock for the guest room and reprogrammed all the guest elevator key encoders. We have also addressed the issues in the bathroom and shower. I promise this is not typical of our Hilton and I am truly thankful you brought this to our attention so it can be resolved immediately. I hope the next time your travels take you to Charlotte you will give us another opportunity to earn back your trust.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The room is outdated and small. The bathrooms clearly need to be renovated. When we finally arrived back to out room around 11pm to turn in for bed after a fun filled day of enjoying Charlotte, are bedding was damped! Ew! We had to call the front desk and have them change our sheets. When the housekeepers arrived we had to sit in our cramped room as two ladies undressed and dressed our beds in our pajamas. We were traveling with a two year old so she was wired after they left. -___- so much for going to sleep. don't book here...the "Hilton" name did not live up to what I expected.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Qi Q, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am truly sorry for the experience you had during your stay. I would like to discuss the issues you experienced in greater detail. Please email me at Lee.Taintor@hiltoncentercity.com so I can discuss the problems and ensure they are addressed with my team. I assure you this is not typical of our hotel and our team is extremely proud of our Hilton and our 4-Diamond service and accommodations. I look forward to hearing from you so we can discuss your recent stay.
Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I travel almost exclusively with Hilton, and I'm never worried about my arrangements. I had been awake for 51hours when I arrived at the Hilton Charlotte from the other side of the world. I had booked and made requests several weeks in advance. Upon arrival, everything had been taken care of, I was upgraded(as usual) and my stay could not have been more pleasant. It is centrally located downtown, and the staff is excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Alan E37, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you rested after such a long trip. We hope to see you again if your travel plans brings you back to Charlotte.
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Can't beat this location in the heart of Charlotte Uptown. Restaurant menu is a bit overpriced, but luckily within walking distance to many great restaurants. The amenities are top notch, especially access to the YMCA facility adjacent to the hotel. Get in a quality workout and then grab a drink at Smoothie King, also located in the same adjacent tower. I've stayed here multiple times for business and will continue to be my first choice when traveling to Charlotte.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Matthew J, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities the city of Charlotte has available within walking distance to the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Charlotte.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel for its location close to the Bank of America stadium as we had tickets for the Guiness International Champions Cup. The location was great. However, we arrived early and our room was not ready, they promised to phone when it was available. At 3 pm the original promised time we went back, still no room. As we waited we saw new arrivals leaving with rooms, at 3:30 we went back to the Front Desk and got a room. If we had not followed up I do not think we would have heard from them. The hotel was understaffed, obviously they did not have enough housekeeping and the Front Desk needed more help, both were poor planning and management. There is no concierge desk and with the front so busy no one to help. As you exit out to the plaza on the second floor there are several tables right there, where the same people seemed to sit all day and smoke. We would not stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JustRetired2013, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am truly sorry for the experience you had during your stay. I assure you this is no way typical of our hotel. We reviewed the issues that occurred over this weekend and as a team discussed the challenges and put together an action plan to ensure this type of situation does not occur again in the future. I sincerely hope the next time your travels take you to Charlotte you will give us another opportunity to earn your trust and show you a true Hilton 4-Diamond experience.
Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Rooms are quite spacious mine had 2 queen beds, very nice bathroom the shower is particularly good. Free hi speed wifi available in rooms, I was expecting a parcel which arrived before I did and the hotel kept it in perfect conditions. Beds are very comfortable, and there are many plugs throughout the room, the flatscreen is big and it has USB ports. On the second floor of the hotel, there are a few restaurants and a few shops. Quiet hotel to be in the city centre, the location is excellent, walking distance to many restaurants although if you plan a very late dinner after 11 pm you have a limited selection. Overall employees are helpful and friendly except for one lady at front desk, I did not have the opportunity to eat at the hotel. Accesibility from highways and from airport is good and easy, I did rent a car at the airport. The hotel offers parking facilities which is about 20 dollars per day although the weekends is for 5 dollars unlimited time. In conclusion it is great value for money. I would definitely return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear World T, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. Our team takes great pride in providing our guests a true 4-Diamond experience and it is truly appreciated that you took notice and provided a review. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Charlotte.
Matthews, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have stayed here before and will continue to stay here but wont get the breakfast option. The room is spacious and clean and there is really not a bad view from anywhere. The beds are amazingly comfortable. We were given a room on the 22nd floor and purchased the package that included breakfast. There is an executive lounge that breakfast is served in and is open on weekends til 11. We got there at 930 and the eggs and the oatmeal were soupy and cold, the potatoes & sausage were cold and there was one small bite of sliced turkey left that never got replenished. The dining staff staying in the kitchen area talking to a female security guard for the entire 40 minutes we were in there. Surely they are provided some breaktime to gossip. I would say, save your money and venture out to some of the local places in town for breakfast.

Room Tip: I prefer to get a room as high as possible for the best view