“Great staff; everything was quick and easy.”

Hilton Charlotte Center City
Ranked #31 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
North Carolina
“Great staff; everything was quick and easy.”
Reviewed 15 June 2009

My wife and I stayed here for one night before flying out the next morning for our honeymoon. Check in took less than a minute; the staff was very friendly and really took care to make sure everything went as smoothly as possible. For example, I had a friend picking our car up from the hotel the next morning, the valet held the car out front while changed out of my tuxedo and brought it back down to put in the car. When my friend came the next day to get the car it was already out front and waiting. He didn't even have to call. My wife left also left a bag in the hotel and the staff retrieved it and held it with the valet ticket behind the desk.

The next morning we walked to the front, checked out in less than a minute and grabbed a waiting cab and were at the airport in 10 minutes.

Zero effort on my part; it was great. The room was well decorated, very clean, had an excellent shower, and was very quiet. I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
coimbatore
Reviewed 5 June 2009

great hotel
good food
taxis in hotel very expensive
very difficult to get meter taxi
have to walk a couple of blocks for restaurant and nightlife

• Liked — central location
  • Disliked — difficult to get meter taxis
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 May 2009

Good:
Location - is close to just about anything you may need. (restaurants, nightlife, sightseeing...) Couldn't ask for a better location.
Check in - quick, painless, friendly and VERY helpful!
Room - very clean and well decorated
Bathroom - very clean, updated, nice size walk in glass shower
Service - all employees we encountered were very nice and helpful

Bad:
Food - breakfast at the hotel was not worth the $15-17.00. Do not recommend "Bed and Breakfast" plan. There are several places to eat close to the hotel for far less $$.
Elevators - they are in the process of updating with "high speed" elevators but until then be prepared to wait 7 plus minutes if hotel is busy

Overall, we will stay here again when visiting Charlotte. Other than the food and elevators, we did enjoy our stay.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed 26 May 2009

I stay in Charlotte frequently for business and have stayed at the Hilton in the city center at least 30 nights or so in the past few months. The quick summary - Strengths: good service, excellent location. Weaknesses: rooms, healthy choices on the menu. I have found service at this hotel to be very good and the location very central to the city. The Westin actually has nicer facilities, and nicer rooms, but this hotel is in a more convenient location. It is closer to restaurants and the major banks. The hotel is also conveniently linked in to the network of sky-bridges that connect many of the major buildings in the city. The hotel has been remodeled and the public areas look very nice. The rooms, in spite of the remodel, are very average though nicely decorated. The menu is very limited for the health conscious, particularly for a four-star hotel. The menu needs an overhaul. They need to improve their veggie and healthy offerings.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 May 2009

I was there for a convention in late April and the room was average. They are very spacious and the beds are comfortable. I would stay there again and would tell others to stay there too. I had a great view, the person I traveled with did not. I had a loud shaky AC unit in my wall and they must have tried working on it because the cover for it wasn't attached when I got to my room. I could care less if it was on or off, i just wanted the AC to quit vibrating. I couldn't get it to stop so I ended up just shutting it off at night. You do have to pay extra for the little things here. My employer took care of my bill, but I didn't use any of the facilities like the pool or internet because there was a cost. This is a very central location in the beautiful downtown area. It's easy to get to the football stadium, clubs, and the train from here. The front area outside was under construction at the time, so there was some loud noise from that, but the noise never effected my room.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
nc
Reviewed 18 May 2009

I check in on the weekend for a night out on the town for my girlfriend's birthday. I requested a quiet room and quiet floor. This was center city Charlotte and a supposed four star hotel; it was supposed to be a great experience. At about 10:30 PM, some very loud folks checked in next door. Unbeknownst to me at the time of my booking, the hotel rooms are connected by a door that allows sound to travel as if someone is in your room. I called the front desk and asked to have the people moved to another room. Ten minutes later I heard a knock next door and the folks left. I assumed they had been moved. Boy, was I wrong. At about 2:00 AM, fueled by alcohol, they returned to their room. They were hooting, hollering and creating a ruckus until 6:30 AM the following morning when they mercifuly went to bed. Additionally, they were part of a group and were traveling back and forth between rooms. I called the night manager at 3:30 and informed him of the problem and he said the only thing he could do was move us; after we had unpacked, undressed and settled in for the night. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone for any reason. Save your money. it was one of the worst hotel experiences of my life.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed 12 May 2009

It is a very nice hotel downtown and in the center of everything. But everything is at a extra charge, parking, internet, breakfast and so on, so the bill ads up. Very unipersonal! The room had a grate view! Slow internet! Walking distance to all the clubs. ;) The breakfast was very good.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business