“Great location, cool enviroment, five star service”

Hilton Charlotte Center City
Ranked #30 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I held a business meeting for 30 employees in this hotel. We utilized a webcast format for the meeting for the first time. The audio/IT equipment provided by the hotel worked flawlessly, and the hotel staff was proactive and present for all set ups and connections. The food service staff also checked on us constantly and was very flexible and accommodating of schedule changes.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 April 2010

As others have noted, this Hilton is excellently located - almost next door to the convention center, close to many of the bank headquarters, and easy walking distance to lots and lots of restaurants. It is also next to the transit center and the light rail.

My room was great - the HD television was terrific and the workspace was wide enough I could spread everything out. The bathroom had the standard Hilton soaps and shampoos, but that's OK.

The lobby is a bit small and there is only a few chairs to wait in as your group gathers in the foyer. But, if the weather is nice there is plenty of space in the courtyard outside the Wachovia Center. The hotel registration desk was speedy and accurate. I didn't use the fitness center, since the hours were quite restricted, but one of my colleagues did and he said it was well worth $20 for five days.

A couple of things could use improvement - I couldn't consistently access the wi-fi in my room and when I mentioned this to the front desk they said something like, 'oh, you must be in the middle of the hallway - there's nothing we can do about that'. Well, actually, there is - you install a stronger system so there aren't dead spots in your hotel.

Secondly, the lounge breakfast could have more fresh and higher quality ingredients. The bagels seemed like they were three days old, and on the weekend it seemed as though the staff couldn't keep up with all the kids munching on the pastries. There was a line at the coffee machine, which could only make one cup at a time.

Still, all in all, I would probably choose the hotel again if I wanted to stay downtown Charlotte.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Our experience with the Hilton was excellent. The customer service was incredible. The rooms were very clean but a little small. We had a room with two double beds which were comfortable, but a little small. The bathrooms were beautiful, but once again ,a little small. The hotel is beautiful and clean and ina great location, in the heart of the city. We booked this room thru priceline for $65.00 a night-a great deal and worth every penny. The work out room is owned by the YMCA and they charge $20.oo a day to work out-so be aware of that. However, the city is so beautful,I walked every morning and enjoyed the sights. Valet parking is $25.oo/night, self park is $18.oo/night- alittle pricey. The business center was always accesible for my children and myself. Room service was fantastic and Jaqueline was so sweet to my family and my children, so ask for her! Overall, it's a great hotel, we could have stayed there for the week however we only booked for two days-you have to be catreful when booking thru priceline-you never know what you are goingt to get-so you have to play it cool. We attempted to extend our stay, however, the hotel would not accepty our offer. Anyway, that's our fault becasue we have should have booked the hotel for the entire week.! We would defintiely stay here again and would recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2010

Just stayed here one night, but it was very pleasant and comfortable. The room was very well appointed, with comfortable easy chair, bedding and workspace/chair. A nice flatscreen TV with a good selection of channels. Like similar hotels, right in the center of the Queen City, so very convenient to the major companies in the downtown area. Everything is within walking distance

Had dinner in the hotel restaurant witha co-worker. Food was good and reasonably priced.

Bathroom was very nice, with quality toiletries (Crabtree & Evelyn), fixtures and surfaces.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank HudsonValleyGuy
edwinwalter, Director of Hotel Operations at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2010

What a wonderful review of our property! Your comments regarding our room appointments as well as your experience in the Coastal Kitchen & Bar will be shared with our team. We enjoy seeing that our efforts to enhance our customers experience are appreciated. We look forward to serving you in the future. Regards, Edwin Walter, Hotel Manager

Reviewed 29 January 2010

I stayed here twice in Oct 2009 on business. This is a very nice hotel, convenient to downtown business. Staff is very friendly. Rooms are exceptionally clean. Great hotel for business travelers.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2009

My husband and I decided to visit Charlotte for the weekend and chose this hotel thinking that at 4 stars it would be a luxury short vacation for us. On arrival we discovered that even if we self park, we had to pay $18 a day. I wanted to use the fitness center Saturday morning and learned they do not have one of their own - you have to use the YMCA next door and pay $12 per person per day. So I thought instead I would look online for a nice park to go jog. After struggling with their ethernet set-up for several minutes (no wireless), I realized that to use the internet I would have to pay $10 a day for slow internet or $12 a day for high speed. There was also no refrigerator or microwave which I assumed that a 4 star hotel would have. Saturday evening when we returned from dinner, we had to circle the parking deck for 15-20 min trying to find a free space in the 2 levels that were designated for hotel customers. We finally parked illegally and went in to complain. The front desk attendant became flustered and defensive. She said that we could park in the other levels (even though there are signs everywhere saying we would be towed) - after other customers came in to complain as well - we finally convinced her to take the parking charge off (but she only took one night's charge off; we still had to pay $18 for the other night's parking). The disposable coffee cups/lids in the room were not sealed in plastic and had clearly been there through multiple customers because the lids had dried coffee splashes on them (I find this completely unacceptable and disgusting). There was also no bathroom vent/fan so when we showered the small room was filled with steam. The bed was comfortable, but not as good as other hotels I have stayed in (like Hampton Inns). There was no dresser in the room and the closet was tiny so we had to live out of our suitcases, making the room cluttered and messy. Overall the decor and atmosphere were okay, but I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2009

One of my fav Hiltons so far. Loved the purple and yellow room decor. We had a larger room with a huge bathroom. Very clean, huge TV. We had room service for dinner and breakfast and it was the best food I've had at a Hilton yet. It was easy to get to, you got to pay for parking but that goes with being in a city. We went for a nice walk around town. Very professional staff. Only complaint is it was pricey but we got what we paid for.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple