“What I Expected for the Price”

Motel 6 Charlotte Coliseum
Ranked #149 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This room was a great price. Remember: it is a 2 star hotel. The grounds looked good. There was one person just sitting on the steps, but nothing freaky. We arrived after dark. The front desk person was really nice. Had to talk to her through glass though.

The room was clean enough. A little dirt in corners, but clean where it mattered. The floors are laminate not carpet. I loved the larger sized mini 'fridge. My only complaint is that we had four people, but they only put two towels in the room. The front desk usually keeps some, but they were out of bath towels. I used two hand towels and it worked ok. Again---for the price it was what I expected.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PinkieB

Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last night because if the snow storm in Atlanta and I can't go home. My room is great- I have stated at the Four Seasons and lots of other places too but today's realized I will need to stay another night and booked the same room for a second night-by choice! This hotel IS clean - IS convenient and is affordable. I am very pleased with the accommodations and will stay here again the next time I come this way :). Thank you

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank KatrinaOz
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We were in town for a week long event.

Unfortunately for me, I confused another location for this one.

Once we arrived, I knew, I had blown this one.
Well, because of the very large event, I knew we had no choice.

Just to be sure, I asked to see the room. The clerk agreed, I did a cursory inspection and for cleanliness and said, "give it a try".

After checking in, I should have fired myself.

The first thing you check for should be the sheets. I didn't and viola, there was a brown hair between the sheets. Along with dandruff on the corner of the mattress cover. I had those changed!

The next day, as I was preparing for the events. I sensed movement and yikes, it was that world famous brown bug, high up in the light fixture. It was watching me.

At checkout, I let them know and got the obligatorily, "we're sorry that my experience was not up to standards and they strive to improve the customers experience, etc., etc.". Adding that they hope, that my next experience with them will be better. Or something like that?

Next Experience, don't wait on that one! That is unless, you see the devil wearing a winter coat!

Room Tip: If you want a good room? Don't go there! Unless the 2nd choice is sleeping in the car?
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This place was absolutely Disgusting. Every Room is said to be new. No Way. The pictures you see are not from the Motel. Do Not Stay Here. I slept with my clothes on. We had our kids with us, and it turned my stomach to know they were staying here. We were stuck. No other place to stay. Race Weekend. I will be contacting Motel 6 Headquarters to give them a heads up on this place. May contact Board of Health as well. Dirt, hair in corners. Old T.V., AC that Did not work. On the Wall behind Toilet Paper Dispenser was a "Snot" for lack of a better term. Very Bad area as well. Musty Smell. There's more, but I will stop here. you can make your own decision.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank huey_drewby
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My finance and I were looking for a cheap place to stay for one night as we were passing through town. We've never had a problem with a one star hotel before, but this one was sub par. There were lots of people loitering in the parking lot that seemed to be living there, the grounds are covered in trash, and the lobby smelled of smoke. All of this was before we actually got to our room. We reserved a king bed, non-smoking room. They gave us a double bed room that was REEKING of cigarette smoke. The curtain was broken, and didn't close properly. The lighting fixtures has burn marks from the lightbulbs. They gave us one towel in total. The sheets weren't on tightly, and when I went to fix them, I saw a large blood stain on the side of the mattress. All in all, it wasn't worth a penny, and I should have listened to the other reviews before booking. DON'T STAY HERE!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Where do I start???? This was supposed to be a non-smoking room, but the curtains and bed spreads were full of cigarette burns and smelled terrible. The floors were dirty and the telephone was disgusting, I wouldn't even touch it. The paint was falling off the walls and there were holes in the wall in the bathroom with mold and mildew that was painted over with "fresh" paint. Room 108 was supposedly "renovated"

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed here one night and went to the Charlotte Bobcat's game. The place only ran me $40 after taxes and it was worth it. I had no problems with the staff, bugs, cleanliness or anything else. I will say however, the bathroom smelled like fish when the light/fan switch was left on. The bed was a bit firm but I suppose that's just personal preference. Overall a decent place to lay your head.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple