“Warning this place is filthy, avoid it!”

Motel 6 Charlotte Coliseum
Ranked #147 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Can I give a zero rating? This place should be condemned, it's worst than third world. Stayed on 3rd floor. Was stuck with this dump bc of flight cancelation and all hotels in town full. Room was absolutely disgusting, phone didn't work, cig burns in bedding and on walls,(was supposedly a non smoking room, no way, it stank) also a hole in a wall. Carpet nasty. Rust and stains in bathroom. Bed was likely infected with something, not comfortable, had to be 15 year old mattress, pillows were terrible. A stay here is an all time low. A gas station bathroom is cleaner. I will never stay in a motel 6 even if it was free. You're better off sleeping in the airport on the floor. And I had serious concerns about safety. I regretted so bad not taking 5 mins and checking tripadvisor before booking.

The front desk clerk, she was very nice.

Room Tip: Don't stay in any room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank BellaBoogie

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have stayed at several Motel 6 hotels throughout Ohio and never once have I had an experience such as this. I did not expect quiet, comfort or fancy, but I did expect clean with a working air conditioner. It was 97 degrees when we checked into the room, which had no towels or wash rags. I went to get some.
My daughter and I continued to sweat as the room did not cool due to the air conditioner cutting off repeatedly. I was told by the lady at the check in desk that all the air conditioners were on a timer.
This room was so filthy that my child and I didn't touch anything and laid on our own blankets. I would have slept in the car had I not had my child with me, as well as not been in a city which I knew no one.
I will post pics which will prove that this room had not been cleaned. Some man's dirty boxers were behind the bathroom door. There were roaches. There was a dirty hair ridden wash rag hanging on the curtain rod. A piece of gum was stuck to the side of the nightstand with hairs protruding from it. The freezer had crumbs and other crap in it. There was a big booger on the wall in the restroom. There was one section of the wall and ceiling which had red stains which appeared to be either dried up blood or ketchup. I briefly walked on the floor in my socks and they looked like they had been to hell and back. I am completely appalled and not only will I never stay at any Motel 6 again in my life, I don't believe I will ever stay in Charlotte, NC.
I was only able to post 10 pics. I have many more.

Room Tip: The best room would be to pitch a tent outside.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JenniferH853
Reviewed 7 June 2014

OK, I went cheap but the hotels up on woodlawn are better and maintained much much better. There are prostitutes, drug dealers, loud thumping base from cars in the parking lot which I complained about and they did nothing to stop them. The rooms and hotel looked like many old hotels , run down with layers of crap covering up deficiencies. The bedspread was stained badly, floors were not clean, the toiled rocked side to side and leaked, the light over the sink didn't work. The noise all night was awful. Glad I only booked it for the first night because I would have left either way. Go and spend $10 more dollars somewhere else.

Room Tip: Try Daysin on Woodlawn or LaQuinta up by I-85 if you want a modest hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dee B
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This room was a great price. Remember: it is a 2 star hotel. The grounds looked good. There was one person just sitting on the steps, but nothing freaky. We arrived after dark. The front desk person was really nice. Had to talk to her through glass though.

The room was clean enough. A little dirt in corners, but clean where it mattered. The floors are laminate not carpet. I loved the larger sized mini 'fridge. My only complaint is that we had four people, but they only put two towels in the room. The front desk usually keeps some, but they were out of bath towels. I used two hand towels and it worked ok. Again---for the price it was what I expected.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PinkieB
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last night because if the snow storm in Atlanta and I can't go home. My room is great- I have stated at the Four Seasons and lots of other places too but today's realized I will need to stay another night and booked the same room for a second night-by choice! This hotel IS clean - IS convenient and is affordable. I am very pleased with the accommodations and will stay here again the next time I come this way :). Thank you

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank KatrinaOz
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We were in town for a week long event.

Unfortunately for me, I confused another location for this one.

Once we arrived, I knew, I had blown this one.
Well, because of the very large event, I knew we had no choice.

Just to be sure, I asked to see the room. The clerk agreed, I did a cursory inspection and for cleanliness and said, "give it a try".

After checking in, I should have fired myself.

The first thing you check for should be the sheets. I didn't and viola, there was a brown hair between the sheets. Along with dandruff on the corner of the mattress cover. I had those changed!

The next day, as I was preparing for the events. I sensed movement and yikes, it was that world famous brown bug, high up in the light fixture. It was watching me.

At checkout, I let them know and got the obligatorily, "we're sorry that my experience was not up to standards and they strive to improve the customers experience, etc., etc.". Adding that they hope, that my next experience with them will be better. Or something like that?

Next Experience, don't wait on that one! That is unless, you see the devil wearing a winter coat!

Room Tip: If you want a good room? Don't go there! Unless the 2nd choice is sleeping in the car?
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This place was absolutely Disgusting. Every Room is said to be new. No Way. The pictures you see are not from the Motel. Do Not Stay Here. I slept with my clothes on. We had our kids with us, and it turned my stomach to know they were staying here. We were stuck. No other place to stay. Race Weekend. I will be contacting Motel 6 Headquarters to give them a heads up on this place. May contact Board of Health as well. Dirt, hair in corners. Old T.V., AC that Did not work. On the Wall behind Toilet Paper Dispenser was a "Snot" for lack of a better term. Very Bad area as well. Musty Smell. There's more, but I will stop here. you can make your own decision.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family