“Best service, a very welcome suprise”

Motel 6 Charlotte NC Airport
Ranked #164 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I was recently bumped from an Intl. flight while traveling alone. As a lone woman who is unfamiliar with the U.S., I was very nervous to be in a strange city very late at night. If it wasn't for Winnie I would probably still be crying. The genuine caring she showed me is still greatly appreciated. You never know when you will enjoy 5 star service. For the money, the best hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank tom m

Reviewed 31 May 2013

When I checked into the hotel and went to my room I was appalled. It was awful! It was filthy and smelled like urine and wet dog. There was dried red spots on the carpet. I am not sure what is was. I asked for another room and was put on the second floor. The television did not work and it smelled like musty cigarettes. When I called the desk the man said he did not know if it would ever work. He moved me again. I went and bought candles to help with the smell. It was nauseating. I had to stay because I had already paid for the room and the man at the desk seemed very irritated with me. The television in the third room did not work and neither did the air conditioner or the fridge. All rooms were filthy and the other guests were shady looking. by this time I was tired of moving so I just settled. Very scary! I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. Stay away!!! This place needs to be shut down!!

Room Tip: The Country Inn and Suites on Little Rock Rd. is a great place to stay. It is very clean and the st...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Crystal A
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This hotel is so cheap we were really glad to stay here. Although the rooms weren't great, for $50 a night it wasn't bad. Best part was that the shower water was hot and had good pressure. We stayed only one night, but for one night the room wasn't bad. The room was definitely not the best but for the price it really wasn't bad.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 25 March 2013

How does a city like Charlotte N.C. allow hotels that are unfit for humans. This Red Roof inn was smelly, dirty, lumpy bed, unfriendly staff. My flight arrived and had to wait almost an hour for the shuttle. Shuttle is shared with another hotel and was driver drove badly. The room and was bad and the toilet seat was broken. Called and reported it and no one came to fix it. Later went to the front desk hours later and the person at the front desk person told me the owner only cares about the money he keeps in his pocket and does not have to pay tax on it. The mold was in the tub and molding area. Booked thru hotles.com and they did not call or do anything. Was so happy to leave this hotel that we left earlier than check out. Just overall bad hotel that is dated and smells. 'PLEASE AVOID THIS HOTEL'.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Do not stay here! We just needed a quick place to sleep near the airport, but don't stay here!!! The room was tired, the bathroom had used soap, it was right near the highway, there was hair on my pillow, it is in a somewhat scary neighborhood. Just do yourself a favor and do not stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank apotter01
Reviewed 17 March 2013

US Airways had screwed up our flight from Charlotte - and then cancelled our flight altogether, leaving us no choice but to find a room.
Charlotte was full with some basketball tournament, so the only hotel with any rooms was the Red Roof inn.
Not only is this hotel tired and in need of a complete overhaul - they then gouged us by charging us $171 for the night!!
The only good feature about this hotel were the desk staff - who very nice - but unable to do anything about the room rate - nor the deplorable state of the hotel.
Since we had not been able to retrieve our luggage we asked the hotel if they had any toothbrushes, toothpaste, combs, etc. The lady at the desk was very apologetic but told us they had been out of stock of most items for over a week!
When I emailed to complain - all I received was a short email saying sorry!!
Avoid this hotel at all costs!!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you can!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2013

If you just want a place to get a few hours rest it's worth the price. But if you're going to be there a full day or more, spend a little more money and go somewhere else. The pillows are lumpy, some rooms have clocks, some rooms have clocks that don't work. There is never more than 1 or 2 clothes hangers in a room. The complementary breakfast usually consists of coffee and a danish. On Super Bowl Sunday I had expected to watch the ballgame but their cable system didn't get any local channels, no CBS, no NBC, no ABC or Fox, no Superbowl. My room this night had no chair.
I live 90 minutes from the airport and I usually catch an early morning flight so I go down the night before, spend the night at the hotel, and take advantage of their Park and Fly free offer. It works for me.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the front side of the hotel. If you get a room on the back side you will have a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo