“Worst Ever Do Not Stay!!!!”
Review of Travel Inn

Travel Inn
Travel Inn
Ranked #159 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

The Travel Inn seemed like an ok cheap hotel that was near where I needed to be and boy was that a big mistake! Staff is very brusque, unhelpful and rude. Very scary location and very sketchy. Room had a stench of smoke and carpet was stained all over. Shower curtain was broken, bed spread had stains all over and found a Roach on the wall! Sink was disgusting. Toilet tank lid was missing, TV had bad definition, phone did not work and no coffee in room. Heard a gunshot late at night, I then just had it, I quickly left for the Red Roof Inn nearby, it could not be much worse

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Ben W

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I were given a room that looked like it has blood stains all over the carpet. The room smelled bad and the bathroom lights did not work and the fan sounded like it was going to fall through the ceiling. I asked for a refund before the "10 minute time limit: for a refund and they said no because I had a reservation. They were very rude and I did get my money back because I sent the pictures of what appeared to be blood stained carpets to booking.com and they got my refund for me since I booked through them. Please do not waste your money.

Room Tip: Do not rent a room at this establishment. There were shady clientele (you could tell some were on dr...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alee D
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I had originally book this place from 09/18-09/22 due to the location. My family were going for a friends wedding and we were looking for a hotel that was within 5-10mins from the reception hall I regret why I even did that.PLEASE,if you can afford an extra $20, please do that a book a different hotel don't go to this place. I saw roaches in the office when I went to check so that was a red flag but I decided to complete the check in and view the room. OMG This place is disgusting, the rooms smells so bad, the bathroom is dirty and filty. I had to cancel the reservation and go to the Country Inn even though it was far from the hall but it was worth it. Even my 4 years old told me, she was not sleeping in that place.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank BhunahJKB
Reviewed 6 April 2013

TURN AWAY. The staff implores intimidation and threats to paying customers. This was the most disgusting place I have ever been to. The "manager" Grace (ironic because she was far from it) threatened my boyfriend and I. I have never been treated this poorly in my entire life. We switched rooms 3 times because it reeked of smoke. I have chronic migraines and can't be around cigarette smoke of any kind. There were stains everywhere, hair in the bathroom, soap scum in the entire shower, and the curtains were broken. I was honestly afraid of getting Hepatitis from the room. We asked them to clean the room before we came back from the Bobats game. I made sure to use the facillities at Time Warner Arena because they were cleaner than our room. Seven hours after our check-in the room still had not been touched by the cleaning staff. When the "manager" finally got the cleaning guy in the room he called the front desk and said it looked ok to him. Grace then told him to just wipe it down. I wanted the place bleached not "wiped down". There were two police cars in the parking lot because apparently there are a lot of drug deals and prostitution at this place on a regular basis. One man came in from his room and asked if they could phone the people next door to him because he was trying to sleep and their music was too loud. Grace replied by telling the man that he could not get a refund back (he didn't ask for one) and said it is Friday night, people are going to party. I mean really? She also said she could speak to him rudely because he was a regular. This man had only been staying there for one night. Then we thanked Grace for getting our room clean and she looked at us like we were being rude. She then proceeded to tell us that she can stare at us however she wanted and got very aggressive in her words and actions. We asked her to please stop because she was starting to scare us. She then said she can do whatever she wants because she was behind bulletproof glass. We have never owned a gun nor do we want to. She then came out from behind the counter and got in our face. Our combined weight was still less than hers. At this point I said I was going to get the cops and she said do it because she knows them personally. She was beyond intimidating. Next, Grace called the owner and explained the situation. He gave us a refund but honestly I believe we deserve more. The location is very sketchy with some shady characters but the staff is even worse. I was scared for my life. Do not stay at this hotel. I think prison might be better than here.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Jeflack
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The room smelled bad. The shower curtain had mold all over the inside. The steam dripped off the ceiling after taking a shower due to poor ventilation. Toilet would continue running after each flush and you had to continuously jiggle the handle to make it stop. The shower dripped all night long. A dog started barking nonstop at 7am. I am so glad we only stayed 1 night.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank pah1st
Kamlesh P, Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Dear pah1st,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am deeply concerned about the issues you encountered during your stay. Please know that all complaints will be further investigated and appropriate action taken. Could you please provide us with the room number in which you stayed?

Regards

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I was going to explain what our total experience was all about BUT then I thought I should tell you main facts. It was dirty, disgusting and very run down. The walls and doors were filthy and needed some fresh paint. There were finger prints and dirt marks everywhere. The shower was so Dirty and there was so much soap scum built up I did not even take a shower in the morning.I was afraid of what I might catch. The carpet was dirty and the overall feel of the place was creepy, dirty and scary. I did not walk any where without my slippers. There were also a lot of shady characters hanging around this place, we took everyhting out of truck just to be safe. There are many other hotels in the area I would recommend trying, they can not be any worse.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank purplepassion15

Dear purplepassion15,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. I apologize for any issues you encountered with housekeeping. Please know that we have recently hired and trained all new housekeepers. We hope that these improvements will enhance the overall experience.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2012

This place is shabby and poorly maintained. The fresh coat of paint on the outside made it look okay. We reserved a room in advance because of the memorial Day Weekend and the races. We were passing through. The room appeared clean, but sparsely furnished, and very worn around the edges. Big dent in the door. No luggage rack or flat surface for suitcases. The oldest TV I've ever seen. The shower rod was bent in a U, and the shower handles were lose and barely worked. No plug in tub. No ice. No hangers. No tissues. No shampoo. No coffee. The air conditioner was so loud we had to turn it off and swelter in order to sleep. Other than that, the manager was polite and repaired (or exchanged) the broken lamp, and gave us a few extra napkin-sized bath towels on request. We didn't know it was a former Motel 6 until I asked. Now it's a Motel 2. We left before the sun was up. Never again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Go N

Dear Go N,

Thank you for posting a review with us. I am sorry to hear about the negative experience you had with us. We have recently hired and trained new housekeepers. We hope that these changes will enhance the overall experience.

Regards,