“Close to the airport, far from everything else.”

Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel
Ranked #50 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
Branson, Missouri
“Close to the airport, far from everything else.”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This hotel is clean, but it's a good thing the food at the hotel bar is good, because that's the only thing nearby.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 October 2011

stayed there a few weeks ago for work...common areas nice...took elevator to room...OMG...small , dank, gross

restaurant (during week i was forced to sit in bar..the older man (manager i assume) said i could not sit in restaurant as it was closed??

food...crappy and expensive

when i asked for someone at the front desk to call me a cab so i could go to a conference, the guy at the front desk recommended a vehicle already at hotel...almost 50.00 to get to a hotel 11 miles away

a sham!!!

i would call this 2.5 stars

I made reservations on priceline and still paid too much for what it was worth...90.00...horrible

i

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 September 2011

the upgrades over the last couple of years have made this hotel a destination that i look forward to when traveling to charlotte for business.great open lobby as you arrive.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 6 September 2011

As the saying goes, you have to open the box and try one piece of chocolate to know what's inside and sometimes you get surprised. Priceline selected this hotel for me and did not expect to get any 4 star hotel at my low bid price. Once I saw I got Sheraton Charlotte, I checked out tripadvisor's mixed reviews. Well, I was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel has reasonable access off I-85. The entrance to the parking lot needs to be repaved due to missing asphalt and holes, but once you park and get inside the hotel, it gets better. The lobby is really nice and spacious. When you walk into the lobby you can see the reservation counter, the bar/dining area, indoor pool area, etc. It was all eye catching.

Check-in was easy. The elevators are a little walk to get to but are located away from the rooms limiting noise and reverberations. The ice machine is easily found near the elevators. As I walked toward the room, the halls had a nice fragrance. This was a non-smoking floor, so it was a nice touch to get this pleasant odor.

I had a king size bed in a king size room. I have been in hotels where the bed takes up 1/2 or more of the room. At this Sheraton, the room space overwhelmed the bed. The bathroom was clean with plenty of towels and toiletries. However, there was no mini bar and a refrigerator is $10 extra which, in my opinion, is unusual for a 4 star hotel. The room had a trash can and a recycle bin.

I needed a toothbrush and was able to get a complimentary brush at the front desk. The internet with printing is free for 45 minutes at a time for hotel guests. The indoor/outdoor connected pool looked nice, I did not have time to try it. There was also a large indoor jacuzzi that I also missed out on. I did not get a chance to see the fitness center either.

I liked this place. I thought it was really nice. Since it was an old hotel, may be the reason others do not consider it to be a 4-star quality but it was close enough for me.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank WD80
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I found this hotel at the Charlotte Airport when I used the Travelocity feature where you dont know what you get until you book it. It boasted this hotel as 4 stars.

First - for the price I paid, $62 + tax on a Friday Night, was pretty good. I did have high expectations for the hotel being that it was represented so highly.

The hotel parking lot entrance is a little hard to find at night because the light over the entrance is not currently working. I noticed the next day that they must be renovating the parking lot because it's quite a mess.

Upon arrival, there must have been a large group or something because there were people hanging around the entrance - smoking. They all seemed to know each other and no one bothered us walking through. Seems like there could be a better place to hang out and smoke.

The check-in was superfast and I was easliy accomodated with the bedding of my choice. Be sure to ask to be away from the ice machine because it is really loud and you can hear hallway noise right in your room. We heard people coming down the hall quite loudly beyond 11pm. You can set the air conditioner with the fan "on" and it does create enough white noise that you don't notice much of it.

Just little annoyances like the tub that drained very slowly, no garbage can in the bathroom, etc. Overall very clean. I was immediately happy when I saw the large bottles of water on the desk, but then discovered they wanted $4 for them (other places give it for free).

No free breakfast here either, at least not offered to me. There is free internet in the lobby on the 2 available computers (also in your room although I didnt use it). Note that during sign-in in the lobby it says the first 45 min is free. There is a charge after.

Saw lots of people waiting for the shuttle early in the morning and they seemed satisfied. Also a tv monitor of the airline status was very nice.

Nothing really special to me about this place, but it was clean and very near to the airport which was what I hoped to get. If I'd have paid hundreds of dollars per night, I'd have been disappointed.

Room Tip: ask for away from the ice machine and vending
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I stayed here one night on a business trip. The hotel atrium is large and airy and contains the pool and the restaurant...a good first impression. Help at the desk was very pleasant. The carpet behind the desk was dirty and disgusting looking which seemed really strange considering the rest of the atrium space. No gift shop, just a window next to the registration desk that contained a few items. Per the front desk person, they only had some of the items in that window. Room was clean, but bed creaked a lot and seemed very old. I could hear everything in the hall and the adjoining room so sound was an issue. Stayed on the 8th floor and had access to the club. Elevators seemed really old and just felt dirty. Club space looked brand new and service there seemed to be good.

Ordering room service for dinner was an experience. Tried to order a chicken quesadilla and was told that they don't have any chicken quesadilla available. Ordered burger with fries instead. Do I want chips or breakfast potatoes with that? I want fries like it says on the menu. We don't have any fries. Um, okay, chips. Would also like a bottle of water...we don't have any bottled water. I said it sounds like maybe someone needs to do some shopping, I was told that the chef is new. Co-workers that I traveled with said that they ate in the restaurant that night and that only 4 or 5 of the 20 or so offerings were available. When I went to the club to attempt to get some bottled water, the man working there said that they didn't have any. When I commented that they didn't seem to have any anywhere, he said that they usually ran out around the end of the month because that's when they do inventory and reorder stuff. Went down to visit the window at the front desk to get water, and they had none available there either. If it was earlier in the day, I probably would have walked over the nearby gas station to get some, but it was dark, so I just gave up and went to the ice machine instead (no vending).

Overall, the hotel was okay. I would probably not stay there again and was frustrated by the experience enough to post my first review on Trip Advisor.

AUBURN
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I recently traveled to Charlotte on business and my company made my reservation at the Sheraton Charlotte Airport. Upon my arrival, I was very impressed with the beautiful lobby of this hotel and the spacious, beautiful room. My stay was made enjoyable due to the great staff at the front desk and my quick visit to the restaurant. Although my trip was short, I will certainly stay at Sheraton moving forward and especially the Sheraton Charlotte.

THIS HOTEL IS A MUST STAY IN CHARLOTTE!!!

1 Thank NNEKA W