Sheraton used to mean a really 5 star experience, at least to me. I think I was treated well and so was my mother, so I have no fault with the staff. I certainly have no fault with the meal I shared with my mother. We found that to be a highlight, despite its somewhat high price. Why then can I only give it an average rating?
1. THE NOISE LEVEL!!!! IF YOU WANT TO SLEEP AT NIGHT DON'T GET A ROOM ANYWHERE EXCEPT THE END OF THE HALL OR THE DRUNKS GETTING OFF THE ELEVATOR WILL STAND OUTSIDE YOUR DOOR AND DRIVE YOU NUTS!
2. I think free internet should sort of be a given these days. If I am paying top whack for a room and they want an additional 10 clams to give me access to the world wide web for a few measly hours, I find that a bit, well, miserly. I chose not to bite.
3. Lastly, I chose not to bite for an additional bunch of bucks for a buffet breakfast for my mother and me. That was almost ridiculous in my book.
These issues are all in themselves kind of small, in all likelihood, for the average businessman, on the padded business trip with a business expense account. For someone like me, used to hotels like Hampton Inns who offer the above amenities included for a similar bottom dollar, it means maybe I will reconsider my choice next time.
On the plus side, though, and there are plusses, here, the staff there was exceedingly friendly. The beds were comfy. Eating at the hotel can be a plus if you do not want to leave the grounds. They even offered to let me leave my car there as I was flying out of Charlotte and returning within a few days, rather than the expense of parking it in long distance parking (a nice gesture I turned down as I had arranged prepayment elsewhere.) The toiletry amenities were nice and my senior citizen mother and I (of nearly senior citizen age) felt safe there and well looked after.
I guess this is where you weigh out what you need. If you ask for a room at the end of the hall, are leaving early in the morning and don't need breakfast and don't need internet, you may have your Shangri-La. Good food, good pool, good bar, good folks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Carolinas, Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel is just two miles from the Charlotte Douglas International Airport, accessible with our complimentary shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Charlotte
- Charlotte Sheraton