“Save your $$$$$”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Worth, Texas
“Save your $$$$$”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I will start my review by saying I did NOT pay for my room the 2 nights I had to stay there & I'm ever so grateful ~ You get picked up by a wonderfully new Mercedes Benz van, The driver polite & knowledgable about the general area, We were dropped off in the beautiful lobby ~ This is where it all ended. I'm not sure where these refurbished rooms are but they are NOT on the 2nd or 3rd floor, I am a SPG Member but not elite enough to gain an updated room if they have them. We stepped into hallway of the third floor to a stench that I could only compare to B.O.,, This was compounded by the overwhelming smell of some generic "Air Freshener"... The rooms are just dated, from the ceilings to the carpet, to the really tacky peeling wall-paper.. Okay, It's just carpet & Wall-Paper.. Things age, I get that... When I sat down on my mattress I actually sunk, it felt like a soup bowl... It was Awful.. It was late & I was tired, room appeared clean enough. I flipped on the telly with the antiquated remote which I had to keep shaking because the battery was about to die.. Geez what else, Can't I just have a nice remote?

Next day we were asked by the front desk if we wanted to switch to a different level due to the Hallway carpet being cleaned,,, Cleaned are you serious?? The carpet in my room looked like it had been shredded by my cat, this property is going to spend money to clean the hallway carpet. Off to my new room on the 2nd floor,,, Same dated room,,, but he bed was something from the BedRock Era, It was hard as a rock.. Next room, Oh look a New REMOTE,, It's like Christmas in here...

My room is facing the lobby, be aware the noise ECHOS in these rooms, You could hear everyone in the pool to the Carpet Cleaners @0100......thru the single pane windows... SERIOUSLY. ???

I've looked up the prices for this location..... I would NEVER pay these prices for these rooms, There are to many other locations where you can pay the same rate or even less with better amenities & shuttles to the CLT Airport.

What's near this Location if you find yourself hungry?????
~ NOTHING ~
Wait there is a Shell Gas Station!!!!

The restaurant was closed on Sunday for Lunch.....SERIOUSLY????

Pro: The Van driver will take you to Cracker Barrel FYI =)

Room Tip: You will be asked at the front desk if you'd like to Upgrade,, DO IT.. Unless you are just hear...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank flyaarmy
Robin M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent experience at our hotel. I am deeply troubled to hear about your experience at our hotel and want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future. I would love the chance to speak with you about your stay – please contact me anytime so that we can assist you further.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed here twice, both times on SPG points, for 1 night each stay, coming and going on family vacation. Location was good, was able to run out and grab some food for the family with out paying hotel food prices. Rooms were good, not great, but big enough for a family of 4 for a night. The 1st stay the room felt like it might have recently had some maintenance work done on it and could have used another pass with the vacuum and the one bed might have felt saggy in the middle, but we were tired and just wanted to get out of the car from driving, so hard to really say! 2nd stay room was good, meeting expectations. Staff was quite friendly, so that always helps! Latina Front Desk lead was very nice and club lounge attendant was nice too, and remembered us from 1st stay two weeks earlier. We used the pool both times and was good, always plenty of towels, but we were the only ones using the pool too, as it was at night, during the week. I felt noise levels acceptable for location, being right near CLT and plenty of travelers and airline crew coming and going all the time. Would probably stay here again using SPG points.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Robin M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for being a loyal SPG member and choosing the Sheraton Charlotte for your family vacation! I’m delighted to know our team provided you with excellent customer service! We take great pride in our staff and appreciate you taking the time out to recognize our dedicated employees, Lupita and Rosie! Our guests are close to our hearts and we always appreciate and heed any suggestions you may have for our property! We are delighted to know that when your travels take you away from home, you can find comfort at the Sheraton Charlotte!
Lewisburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is not a 5 star hotel in the usual sense. However, the staff and the service they provided made my stay an extraordinary experience. In addition the rooms were spotless. I highly recommend staying at this hotel if you are in the area. I look forward to my next visit. Kudos to the manager.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind review! On behalf of the Sheraton Charlotte, we are delighted to know our services exceeded your expectations and our staff provided a memorable experience during your visit with us. We are proud of our Sheraton Charlotte team and delighted to provide excellent service to wonderful guests like you! At the Sheraton Charlotte you are family!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed at this Sheraton on the way to a football game and it was certainly adequate, but overall just average. Although the property has undergone some in-room updates, the age of the building is definitely showing, especially on the popcorn ceilings complete with water stains in our room and bathroom. The fixtures, tub/shower and bathroom floor were very clean, however, and showed no signs of wear, mold, leaks or problems. Bed is comfortable and while I'm not sure the heat actually works (system never climbed above the 68 degree mark despite setting the thermostat to 75), we were able to sleep without problems. Halls were quiet.

The breakfast buffet was underwhelming. While at a decent price, the scrambled eggs were soaked in butter, no omelette station and very few other choices. This is an average breakfast at best, and not something I would expect at a Sheraton.

Location is great, right off of I-85, making traveling in and out quite efficient. For the price, I'd use this hotel again but would get the non-buffet breakfast to avoid some of those shortcomings.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phiNole
Robin M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel. We truly appreciate your comments and will share them with our staff. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future. Again, thank you for taking the time to make us aware of our opportunities to enhance our service. We look forward to connecting with you when your travels bring you back to the Queen City!
Hayes, Virginia, USA
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Have visited this hotel more than 50 times over the years. Their location makes it a great spot to visit the ever expanding, exciting big city and to continue trips south or come back north. Personnel at this hotel are attentive in all aspects, including food services.

Room Tip: Two queens are excellent with adequate comfortable room seating It is an airport hotel away from th...
Green Features: Maintenance over the entire spacious hotel is always under "GREEN" practices. The parking is extensive and very well maintained.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Robin M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you for your continued loyalty as a member of the Sheraton Charlotte family! We are honored that you consider our hotel a home away from home when visiting the ever expanding Charlotte area. Business and transient guests alike enjoy our convenience to Uptown Charlotte’s restaurants and nightlife, as well as, area attractions including the US National White Water Center and the Billy Graham Library. We truly appreciate you and look forward to connecting with you again soon!
Hana, Hawaii
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Been hear meny times and there very welcoming every time rooms are clean and beds are comfortable room service take good care in delivering fast and taste food. Thay alway have a room available when I get ther I'm always early but that's never been a problem .

Room Tip: Upper fl away from pool
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Robin M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Jeff, thank you for being a member of the Sheraton Charlotte family! I am delighted to hear that our team continually provides you with excellent customer service. The comfort of our guests is a priority! We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home soon!