Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel
US$137
  • Pool
US$134
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$102
US$176
US$199
US$174
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
US$160
All reviewsclub floorcharlotte airportan indoor outdoor poolfront deskspg pointsbeautiful lobbynext morninglobby areashuttle servicefree internetvery nice hotelone night stayfitness centercltloungeattendeesconference
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Booked my room on Priceline. When I arrived Priceline had not send the confirmation. The front desk staff could not have been more accommodating and courteous as we patiently waited on PL to fax over my reservation. The hotel is very nice, staff at front desk and lounge was beyond professional. Room is nice. Plenty of parking, shuttle to airport...can't say enough for service.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kate20155
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here as a pit stop on a road trip up the east coast. Overall, the stay was excellent. I am an SPG gold member.

Location: The Sheraton is tucked away but close to the interstate. It is pretty accessible.

Parking: Free with a very large open lot, with a section for SPG members which is a nice touch.

Front Desk: The front desk staff was very pleasant from the beginning. Check-in was a breeze, as is always true of SPG hotels in my experience.

Public Areas: The lobby is quite nice and updated. The seating areas were welcoming, with a lounge and Link@Sheraton all being very accessible. A fountain is in the corner that makes for a very relaxing ambience near the entryway. We also used the gym which is down in the basement. We noticed a convenient coin-operated washer and dryer. The gym was modern and clean. Towels were readily available and a water machine with plastic cups was nice. The gym was well-ventilated. Unfortunately there was nothing to wipe down the machines after use.

Room: We had a lovely room. There is not much in the way of any view around this Sheraton but for an overnight stay, this wasn't a big deal. The room was somewhat dated but very clean, had no smell of smoke, had two seats with an ottoman that were comfortable, a high-quality TV, and a clean bathroom. The only small weakness of the room was that the window seemed somewhat small for the room. No big deal. There is free wifi in the hotel, which is nice. I don't believe I was upgraded for my SPG status but the room exactly fit our needs.

Concierge: We had driven in from afar and didn't get a chance to look up restaurants. While our concierge was very helpful and motivated to help us have an enjoyable meal, a food restriction made it challenging for him to really give strong recommendations. I didn't fault him at all for at least giving it a shot, but we ended up doing some homework and finding a great hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant just 1-2 miles away from the hotel (Miguel's) which was great if you don't need the pomp-and-circumstance of a fancy meal.
We also decided to hit up a country line dance hall, something we had never done. Coyote Joe's is close by and a fun experience.

Overall, all the staff were nice and accommodating, the hotel rooms are a little old but very clean and up to Sheraton standards and the public areas are quite nice. Definitely worth a stay for anyone coming through Charlotte.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Lobby was nice, had a lazy river. I personally wouldn't want to relax in a pool that's in the lobby, but hey...

Rooms we nothing special. One of the queen beds was so wrinkled that I didn't want to touch that one. It looked hike someone had pushed it in a closet or in the corner of the floor and forgot about it. Other bed was fine, it just doesn't feel nice and clean in the room. Starbucks coffee and shine bath products are a plus. This place really needs a makeover.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights during the Southeast Linux Fest and had a wonderful time. The entire hotel staff was courteous and friendly. The room was large and open with amazingly comfy beds! My son loved the glass elevators and we loved the on site restaurant. The wait staff got to know us pretty well because we were there almost every day. The pool was my favorite part! It is half indoor and half outdoor. The water was perfect. I am already planning a trip back for next summer!

Room Tip: Any room would be good although I loved the 5th floor. The room overlooked the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa D
Robin M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

On behalf of the staff at the Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during the Southeast Linux Fest. We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments and are delighted that you had a great experience. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our staff, facilities, Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds, and indoor / outdoor pool. At the Sheraton Charlotte, we are committed to providing our meeting guests with comfortable accommodations, a productive and pleasant meeting setting and exceptional service. Melissa, we look forward to connecting with you and your family next summer!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My one night stay (with my husband) at the Sheraton airport was unintentional as we missed our connecting flight due to weather storms. Many passengers were in a similar situation as we were so a lot of people were scrambling to find a hotel for the night. It was pure chaos at the airport.

When we finally arrived at the Sheraton after midnight, the staff acted above and beyond my expectation. The lady at the bar approached us, very warm and welcoming. She handed us menus while we waited in line to check in to a room and asked us if we wanted to place an order to be ready by the time we received our room key. She noted the kitchen normally closes at midnight for hot foods, however, as they were aware of our situation, they made an exception and kept the kitchen staff longer. That itself made the terrible situation a little brighter because we were tired and hungry, having been stuck at the airport several hours early to re-book our connecting flight, and wanted something nice and warm to eat.

When we finally made it to the front of the line, the reception told us there wasn't any more rooms available. Prior to arriving, we told the reception that we called and were told plenty of rooms were available. Unfortunately, whoever we spoke to inadvertently looked at the next evening (he didn't realize the date was the following day as we had called after midnight). To make a long story short, the manager stepped in, apologized for the mix-up and managed to locate a room for us. He even gave us a $10 discount, which wasn't much, but really made us feel like he was sympathetic to the chaotic evening we were having.

The room itself was clean and comfortable and on par with your average Sheraton in a major city. I have to admit, there wasn't much of a "wow" factor with the room, but at the same time I couldn't really complain about anything either.

What really set this hotel above the other Sheratons I've stayed at in the past was the service (as I described above). Whether or not this is simply Southern hospitality you hear about or truly a hotel with amazing staff, I was very impressed with how the staff was able to completely turn around a horrible situation into a very comfortable stay.

Incidentally, this was our first time in Charlotte and I think because of the staff's extraordinary hospitality, it actually made me want to return to Charlotte to explore more of the city!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

OCragazza, welcome to the Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel family! We’re delighted to know you and your husband enjoyed warm southern hospitality and a relaxing experience despite your travel delays. I am delighted to hear that our staff was able to properly accommodate you upon arrival. We have an excellent front desk and restaurant team and I appreciate you taking the time to recognize them for the experience that they offer our guests. We would love to welcome you back if your travels bring you to the Queen City. We are located just five miles from Downtown Charlotte’s many restaurants, attractions, and nightlife and just two miles from the airport. Safe travels!