“Great Staff, Renovating, Terrable Bed”

Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites
Ranked #72 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Going to downtown, it is a great price with wonderful staff they were finishing renovations on the room at the end of the hall. Only a 2 minute walk from train station to get to and from downtown without dealing with traffic. Now the bad news, we had two rooms one king bed one with double beds, all three beds were rock hard, debated sleeping in the desk chair or on the floor for a more comfortable sleep.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
sunnysingh7, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Hello Robert,
I am sorry that you have to sleep on a hard bed. Sometimes people like those hard bed.
We could have moved to a more comfortable bed. I don't know if you asked the front desk.
Again I am sorry for your inconvenience. Hope to see you again and we can help you a better room with softer bed in the future.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have nothing nice to say, therefore I shall say nothing. The one redeeming feature is that the employees are very nice. Get this...they sent a van to pick us up at the airport with a nearly flat tire. The girl said, I told them about that!

Room Tip: Try the Hampton Inn
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2013

nice place, updated rooms with a pleasant front desk staff. Van service is slow but I would go back regardless. Check in and out was quick. Decent breakfast, waffles, juice, etc.....I stayed at Ramada down the road but will never do that again. I enjoyed my stay at Best Western, will make this my first stop when in Charlotte.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
sunnysingh7, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Hello Mr Illenev,
Thanks for the nice words. Yes, we have very clean rooms and a decent breakfast including sausage and omlettes and many other items.
Thanks for being a valued guests for us.
You are welcome anytime .
Thanks again,

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Came for the ACC Game, Cassandra at the front desk was helpful both at check in and checking out. Winter/Ice Storm chased us away or we would have stayed longer. When we come back to the area we will stay here again. Only 5 minutes from the stadium or downtown.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
sunnysingh7, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Hello RMH0505,
Yes, Cassandra is with us for more than 10 years here at the Hotel and she knows most of our repeating guests and give her best to all of our guests.
Glad that you had fun during the ACC Games. Hope to see you again.
Thanks,

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My wife and I travel twice a year to Texas and North Carolina. We stay in motels for two weeks, and we visit restaurants that are local or belong to a chain not located in our hometown.

We visited the Best Western on East Woodlawn Rd in Charlotte from November 25, 2013 to December 2, 2013.

The Best Western was easily found from I-77. There was ample parking. There was an elevator in the lobby. There were adequate luggage carts. There was hot coffee in the lobby. Check in and check out were polite and friendly.

Off the lobby was a business room with two public computers. I appreciate the computer access, but the characters are very worn on the keyboard.

Our room was nicely appointed with dark cherry or mahogany colored furniture and complimentary wall and floor color schemes. As with most Best Western Hotels we’ve visited, the furniture included desk, large TV, dresser, king bed, two night stands, two arm chairs, coffee table, refrigerator, microwave, and five lamps. The bed was very comfortable. The paint, carpet, and wall hangings were well coordinated and had a fresh look. There was a closet with several hangers and a spacious full bathroom. The shower head was wide with a flexible neck. The room heat control worked well and easily.

Breakfast was also what we expect of Best Western. It was served 6:30 to 9:30 in a nice large room with comfortable chairs and spacious tables. There were cereal, instant oatmeal, waffles, bagels, toast, biscuits, muffins, cream cheese, jams, gravy, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, bacon, coffee, several juices, bananas, and apples. My wife enjoyed scrambled eggs, bacon, coffee, and a biscuit. I enjoyed a bagel with cream cheese and jam, boiled eggs, bacon, coffee, and juice. The only confusion for me was that the breakfast breads were in the middle of the counter, and the toaster was at the far left end of a disjointed part of the counter.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator if you have much luggage.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dennis L

Hello Dennis,
Thanks for your kind words. You have noticed each and every part of our Hotel and described it here. I couldn't have done so well. Thansk again for the words you have spoken.
Please introduce yourself to me when you are here next time.
I would love to meet you.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Nice place, room was clean and comfy. Staff was very pleasant and helpful they went above and beyond to make our stay a good one. Front desk helped arrange transportation to the stadium and the breakfast was satisfactory standard fare attendant was friendly etc

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Laura D

Hello Laura,
Glad that you liked our Hotel and had a good stay. Thanks for taking the time out and writing something for us. Great words.
Thanks again and hope to see you again.
Regards,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

This was my first stay at the Sterling Best Western and I was very pleased with the overall value and quality of the hotel. I look forward to my next stay in the very near future. The staff was very pleasant and courteous every time i interacted with them.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business