“Average”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Average”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My recent stay was just average. The location was perfect for what we were there for (the mall). The rooms were clean, although they show their age, the bathrooms in particular. The pool is very nice. But we did have some problems. The ac in our room made the worst racket. It was so loud that it kept waking my daughter up. There was also a high noise level from all of the rooms around ours into all hours of the night. So between both of those things, we got little sleep. We tried calling room service around 8:30 pm for a late dinner and after calling repeatedly, got no answer. We ended up having to go find them and track them down to put in our order. While granted, these aren't huge issues and in reality did not bother me to a huge extent. I would recommend the hotel. But overall, I had higher expectations for it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2013

What you'd expect in your basic Marriott hotel. Typical footprint with regard to interiors (i.e. feels like an airport property but without the traffic), location is excellent, concierge lounge is good, service adequate and value for what I paid is great! Try Paco's Tacos right out the back door and to your left for an excellent meal. I'd definitely stay again!

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
New York
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This newly renovated property exceeded my expectations by having a resort atmosphere. It is located directly next to a small upscale mall with a few nice restaurants; and across the street from a large mall with many chain restaurants and a few surprising shops in addition to the usual anchor stores.
The staff at the Marriott are friendly and attentive. Lemonaide or iced coffee await travelers in the open air courtyard complete with aromatherapy. The beautifully decorated hotel had many extra perks including feeling like an oasis in the middle of a big city.

Room Tip: They only offer one wine (free of charge) in the concierge lounge. I recommend bringing your selecti...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
North Carolina
Reviewed 31 July 2013

After checking in and directly back out of another hotel that charged the same rate, I pulled up to the Marriott and was greeted by a super nice and eager to help bellman. We reserved a room and added the breakfast buffet for our family for only 10.00 per day. The outdoor sitting area when you drive up is covered, has comfortable seats, wonderful candles burning, free iced water and newspapers. When I walked into the lobby I immediately noticed how it was clean, fresh and nicely decorated/maintained. There is complimentary Iced and hot starbucks coffee located in the lobby. There are numerous sitting areas with newspapers and magazines to read. There is a centrally located computer area with touch screen computers. The restaurant is immediately off the lobby and is clean and spacious. The bellman went out of his way to get my 3 and 7 year old children huge lollipops when we checked in. They were thrilled and I thought that was a nice touch. We took a short hallway to the elevator and checked into our room. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. Bedding was wonderful. Loved that there was a robe in the closet. I took the girls to the pool and i believe that it is a saltwater pool. They had a great time playing and the hot tub was nice in the evening. The fitness facility is HUGE and nicely maintained. There is a stocked refrigerator with bottled water and cold towels. Loved that they kept complimentary water in the fitness room. When we left the pool we walked to the lobby to ask a ? and saw that there was complimentary champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries and lemonade. My kids were so excited and so was I . Loved the champagne! When it was time for dinner we walked right out the back door to Pacos and had a great meal. Walking back onto the hotel property we noticed some outdoor cabana areas that had sofas and we all plopped down and hung out. It was nice outside and it was a great little feature. We asked for a refrigerator and microwave and had one delviered to our room. The breakfast buffet was great. I cannot say anything bad about this hotel. We will def stay here again when we return to charlotte

MD
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The Neighborhood
This place is in a very classy neighborhood, close to good places to get food and a whole foods store is around the corner. If you are into out doors running, the sidewalks are huge and you can go as far as you wish

The Hotel
Very clean with a nice clean and fresh smell.
The rooms are huge and very very clean
The mattress, pillows and linen are super comfortable and white and clean

The Service
1. The front desk crew were very friendly and seemed genuinely ready to help, Duran was especially helpful
2. The front door greeter was very helping and kind. Thank you Alan.
3. The concierge lounge was exceptional. Vincent in the evenings and Anita in the mornings. Thanks for the food and excellent service.
4. Special thanks to the lady (Alfa) who brought us a mini fridge and a microwave. Even though this is not a mainly family oriented hotel, they were ready to accommodate me and my 7 month old son.

Again this is a place you will enjoy staying in. Clean and classy.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed one Friday night. Friendly staff, clean room, nice lobby. Older building with small windows. Very close to all Southpark has to offer. There is a good Mexican restaurant right behind the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This is a great hotel. Stayed here on a business trip and I was working downtown. I originally thought the commute would be long to downtown but it was very easy and by taking the side roads, no traffic at all.

The rooms are great with modern features like a closet that lights up when you open the door. Flat screen TV’s, nice size bathroom and comfortable beds. I am also a Marriott Platinum member so I have access to the concierge lounge. It was a great start to the morning with breakfast and some really great food in the evening.

The staff that works in this hotel is absolutely great! From the doorman, front desk personnel and the concierge host, they will go out of their way to make sure you stay is perfect.

This hotel while not a resort offers some those small extras that you would normally get a Marriott resort. In the morning they have free coffee and ice coffee near the front desk for every guest. Walk in after work and they always have some nice treats like cookies, cannoli’s, pastries and berry lemonade etc.. It was great !

The outside courtyard is very inviting with a fire pit in the evening and just a great place to sit and relax with a drink. Directly behind the hotel are some great restaurants in the plaza and across the street is the Southpark Mall which has everything you could possibly want. Within walking distance down the street are a lot of different restaurants and shops.

Parking is free. This hotel is a great place to stay in Charlotte and I will be back!