All reviewsm clubrecent renovationsroom updatesoutdoor shopping areaevening appetizersmall across the streetrooms are beautifulinfused waterhardwood floorsthe concierge loungeaaa ratelocation is greatsouth parkdesperate needfire pitlarge tvtwo queen beds
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I used to stay at this hotel a lot when I first moved to North Carolina, but strayed away after checking out other Charlotte hotel offerings. The updates to the rooms are very nice, with the exception of adjoining room doors (not insulated enough for noise). I’ve stayed twice in the past 2 weeks enjoying the M club for evening appetizers and breakfast (served until noon on weekends). Housekeeping needs to work on their thoroughness and accuracy. I don’t like someone knocking on my door before 9am on a Sunday. Otherwise a very good stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Kris H, General Manager at Charlotte Marriott SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

demTravels

Your feedback is very important to us, and truly does guide us in the decision making process, we will gladly take your comments about housekeeping and use them to improve the stay of guests in the future.

Thank you again and we look forward to having you for a future stay.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

I have come to this hotel for many years and it has been a bit run down for a while. Now the rooms have been given a really nice upgrade. They are very modern, huge TV with a great set of channels.
The bar and dining room still need to be overhauled, but the staff is friendly and helpful so still nice to be there.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank esbech

esbech,

Thank you so much for coming back and giving us another chance! We are so very proud of our new room product and delighted that you felt the same way.

Hope to see you again on your next trip to SouthPark.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

With our recent stay on vacation at this hotel the staff neglected to inform us that management cancelled maid service for three days! Even asking the front desk to have the room cleaned, and then it wasn't,
there was no one from the staff that informed us of this. Maybe they should of reduced the room rates to elect this.

Qoftravel

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank QofTravel
Reviewed 20 September 2017

The hotel is newly renovated and rather than carpeting in the room, there was Pergo-type flooring. As an allergy sufferer, I really appreciated this "easier-to-clean" flooring.

Room was bright, modern but not sterile, and very comfortable.

Good desk for working.

Great bed.

Room had a small frig.

The M club puts this hotel over the top for me. One thing I struggle with when I am traveling frequently for business is getting enough fruits and vegetables. The evening appetizers one night included grilled baby vegetables - they were outstanding. The second night had cut up veggies with a delicious dip. Breakfast offered steel-cut oats with fresh berries. There is a small frig stocked with fruit/veggie smoothies. I think the servers in the M club were the hardest working people in the hotel and did a fantastic job.

The hotel is located in a maze-like office park but is very close to the restaurants and Whole Foods in South Park.

The only drawbacks were the free WiFi was slow and dropped signal a few times and check-in at the front desk was excruciatingly slow. The front desk could do a much better job.

I've already booked my next stay.

Room Tip: top floor is lovely
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

CTWasp,

As we pride ourselves on providing our guests with a clean, well appointed, memorable hotel and it seems like we hit the mark during your stay.

I appreciate your time in sharing your experience and look forward to having you in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

This was a great Marriott property that had a lot of character. The rooms were really uniquely decorated (in a good way) and you could tell that everything had been recently renovated. The M Club lounge had a nice array of food and drink items throughout the day. The room was clean and had everything we needed. All staff was profesional and responded to requests quickly. There was a noise disturbance on our floor around 11 pm and staff dealt with the issue quickly. All in all a great stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 630drew

630drew

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. We are so proud that enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel.

We hope to see you again very soon.