“Okay - but needing a good cleaning”

DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Ranked #64 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Tequesta, Florida
“Okay - but needing a good cleaning”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel because it was close to the airport. It was okay for a night - but it was in definate need of a good steam cleaning. All the carpets - in the room and in the common areas - were just dingy and dirty looking.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
Thank for so much for your comments regarding our hotel. Although you were only here for one night, it is important for us to know the quick first impression that you receive when visiting our hotel.

We do understand your comments regarding the carpet. Although the carpeting is cleaned on a regular basis, there are stains that we have not been able to remove. However, we are in the process of replacing the carpet in both the public areas and the guest rooms. This should be completed in the next six months, which will give our property a fresh look.

Thanks again for your feedback. We hope to see you on your next layover in Charlotte!

Karen Sullivan, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
San Jose, California
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We flew in from the Caribbean and needed a place to stay overnight before catching a connecting flight the next morning. The hotel has a shuttle that picked us up around 15 minutes after we made the call to the hotel. The hotel's about a 10-minute drive from the airport.

The hotel is functional but won't win any design awards. For $80, we were looking for a good place to rest overnight and the Doubletree didn't disappoint. The walls are thin, but apart from that, I don't recall having any other issues.

Overall, adequate, efficient and unspectacular.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We loved our room in the Charlotte Doubletree. It was very nice with dark furniture and marble bathroom. The shower was very large. Enjoyed the large flat screen TV and very comfortable bed. Service desk was very nice and helpful. We did the park and fly. Came back and our car was just as we had left it. I was worried about it sitting in a parking lot for a week while we flew out of the country but it was fine. We used the airport shuttle, they took us to airport at 5 am and when we returned we called the hotel and they came to pick us up at 6 pm. Very prompt and professional. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed the renovated bathrooms and guest room furniture. Our Park and Fly packages are becoming quite popular as they add to the convenience of your trip and we are happy that you found it accommodating as well.

I hope the next time you fly out of Charlotte, we will be your first choice as a place to rest before your trip.

Karen Sullivan, General Manager
NJ
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Stayed 1 night after a late flight in and booked on a promotional rate. Arrvied late but greeted by friendly and helpful desk staff. Lobby was ok, a little dated and worn out. There were a lot of students booked in as there was a class trip thing going on.

Room was dated and worn, no fridge but was told there was one when I called. I managed to grab a cooler, filled it with ice(after going to several floors to get it) and store my stuff overnight.

Gym was decent in the morning for a workout. Went out for a few minutes of sunshine and lounge chairs were gross! I used like 10 towels to cover the grossness!

All in all, ok but would most likely look elsewhere for next trip in.

Room Tip: I have no tips, they need to renovate first.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We have stayed at this Doubletree on several occasions as we travel out of the country. It is close to the airport and has an excellent shuttle service that will deliver you on a timely basis. On our last trip since it was a special occasion we upped our room to a two room suite and it was wonderful. Nice furnishings and the beds rank as one of the best on my list. The rooms are well sound proofed and quiet. On premise is a pretty good restaurant with resonable prices and room service. At this time they also have parking for those leaving Charlotte. After the first seven days I think they charge you a nominal fee and pick you up upon return. A fine hotel that will let you sleep tight all night.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2011

This hotel provides a free shuttle from Charlotte Douglas airport – we shared ours with a number of US Airways crew who were also staying here. My first impression inside was not good as the desk area was narrow and behind the desk was made to look like a convenience store due to numerous snack items on sale. However when she got to us the check-in person was courteous and provided the signature warm cookies. The other public areas of the hotel were very well appointed and our room was at least as good as I would expect of a Doubletree, with smart, modern design and new furnishings, good quality bathroom and amenities. We were very surprised that there was no free wifi as that it pretty much standard in most hotels.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
charleston, wv
Reviewed 30 April 2011

I am not sure why this hotel has received mixed reviews. I travel frequently and occasionally alone for business. My first criteria is safety. After reading the reviews I contacted the hotel directly to ask about safety. I was assured by the young man at the front desk he had worked evenings for over a year and there were no reported break-ins or thefts at the facility in the time he has been employed. Furthermore he assured me they had a 24 hour security guard that patrolled the grounds. When I arrived it was late very well-lit and in the area the hotel was located was nice. Check-in was fast and the front desk clerk very helpful. The second criteria I have is cleanliness it is almost equal to safety, the hotel was spotless and my room was immaculate. In the morning the van transported me to the airport very promptly with no wait. My sister travels weekly and stays in Charlotte, she has had several unpleasant experiences with safety in other well-respected hotel chains at other locations and she now stays in this area of Charlotte. Yes the hotel is a little pricey to stay overnight just to catch a plane but for me, my life and valuables are worth it! Oh and least I forget they have the yummy Doubletree cookies!

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business