DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsdouble treefront deskcharlotte airportwarm cookiesupon checkthe room was niceone night staywould stay againbed was comfortableshuttle servicebusiness tripparking lotstaff was friendlycltconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Spent one night here during a whirlwind trip over the Christmas holidays. Parking was close to the entrance and felt safe. Check in easy. I could tell the hotel had been undergoing improvements. Carpeting smelled new and refreshing. Elevators are down the hall, away from registration. Our elevator was past the convention area. Not a problem but further to walk than most hotels. Room was small with view of trees and courtyard/pool. Courtyard is very nice and has a small pool. It's December, not to be used. Bed comfortable. Best part of stay was breakfast. Nice variety. Made to order eggs. I had oatmeal and it would have been nice to have raisins, or brown sugar, or walnuts... Fresh fruit included watermelon. Very nice selection of fresh fruit and yogurt. Staff in breakfast area was top notch. Checkout easy. Airport less than 7 minuts away. One thing to keep in mind is that this hotel is near the airport and we heard planes until midnight and from 6am on. I like planes and can sleep through most any noise and did so. Keep this in mind if you can't stand noise!

Room Tip: Courtyard view is nice.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Dear GRGADA,
Thank you so much for visiting our hotel and for taking time to post your comments. We do certainly appreciate your feedback and will utilize this information to make continous improvements at our property. We have been renovating our hotel over the past six months and are pleased that you noticed. We are also delighted that you found our breakfast delicious and with good variety and the service top notch. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Charlotte.

Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

While it looks like they have made a effort to update the lobby, the same cannot be said for the rooms. The walls were thin, the bathrooms way out of date, and the lights either buzzed or were harsh fluorescent. I understand that being Eco friendly is "sheik" but I do not appreciate blue light in my hotel room.

To end on a positive note, the shuttle from the airport was very convenient And the driver was very friendly. Oh, and, of course, the cookie was much appreciated.

• Stayed: December 2012
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Thank you for staying at our property and for expressing your opinion. We are continuing to improve our hotel and the services that we provide and will use feedback such as yours to determine what areas of the hotel are pleasing to each guest. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope that you will return and see the continuous improvements that we are making.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

I missed the last connection home from Charlotte & needed a place to stay. At the last minute I saw a room show up at this hotel on the Hilton app. I called the hotel immediately & was told they had 1 room (every other decent hotel within 15 miles was sold out). I booked the room & the agent said he'd send the shuttle. From the moment I got in the shuttle I felt taken care of. The lady at the front desk was super sweet and made sure I was taken care of (my water b/c of status, cookie, hotel shuttle reservation back to the airport). She remembered me the next morning when I was waiting for the shuttle & was just as friendly then. They really turned what could have been a really stressful night into a pleasant stay. Will definitely try to stay here if I need a room at CLT again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Dear MAB927,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your positive comments. We are thrilled that we were able to take the stress out of traveling and that you found our staff warm and inviting. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Charlotte, we will be your first choice for hotel accommodations. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 24 October 2012

Rooms are modern, CLEAN, and very comfortable. Beds are soft (not too much), pillows fluffy and the bathroom is clean as well. Soft towels too! (not the ones that are washed 80 million times and feel like sand paper!)
Also the staff has been tremendous. Small requests were taken care of in a snap. I even requested a fridge from the very friendly lady behind the front desk - less than 30 seconds after I got to my room, a maintenance guy was there with the fridge.
Close to the airport, the van ride was very quick and after calling to get picked up, the van was there in less than 10 minutes.
Ample plugs that are well placed for recharging devices.

Room Tip: Avoid smoking rooms and "patio/garden rooms" for noise level.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding our hotel and staff. We will certainly share your feedback with our team! We hope that on your next visit to Charlotte, we will be your first choice of hotel acommodations.
Sincerely, Karen Sullivan, General Manager

Reviewed 15 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel because it was near the airport, but not right next door. The location is just off the runway, however, I wasn't bothered by the noice. The hotel is a bit dated and drab, including my room that was also a bi outdated. Otherwise, the service was ok. My room was well kept and clean. The hotel has a shuttle, but I chose to park my rental car. The business center was a little lame, however, the restaurant and bar looked attrative. Not sure I would return if I travelled back to Charlotte, would instead try to stay closer to South Park Mall area or downtown.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Dear Bjaysfan21, Thank you for staying at our hotel and for posting your honest comments on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you found our location appealing, clean with friendly staff. As you mentioned, we do have 24 hour complimentary airport shuttle available to all of our guests. We are in the process of sprucing up our hotel with renovations to both our public areas and guests rooms. We hope that if you visit Charlotte once again, you will stop by to see our improvements. Thanks again!
Sincerely, Karen Sullivan