“They deserve a poor but the second shift staff saved them...”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Arrived on a Friday night - late. The second shift staff was very nice and very pleasant. The hotel itself is old and has a strange smell in the hallways.

We were put up in this hotel by Harrah's. DO NOT believe the replies from management that state that Harrah's does not know what they have available. They do. I was traveling with my sister and we asked for two king rooms and all that was available were two queen rooms so we opted for one room with two queen beds. Harrah's knew exactly what was available at this hotel.

The room itself was okay. It was clean but it was very very hot and very stale smelling. We left the AC on 60 degrees and returned to the casino. Upon returning at 1 a.m. the room was a pleasant temperature but the AC unit is literally two feet away from one of the beds and is very loud and very noisy. The bathroom in our room was terrible. There was a little Quality Inn hang tag hanging from the towel rack that states all of the luxurious bathroom features you get for staying at a Quality Inn: curved shower rod for additional room in the shower, additional toiletries, upgraded toiletries, and a selectable massage shower head. There was no curved shower rod and the paper thin shower curtain kept getting sucked into the shower, the additional upgraded toiletries consisted of one bar of soap and one bottle each of shampoo, conditioner, and lotion; and the massaging shower head was useless because there is no water pressure to use the different settings.

The absolute worst part of this stay was the first and third shift staff. When we returned from the casino around 2 a.m., there was an older man sitting in the lobby of the hotel. He was all sprawled out in one of the chairs and comfortable and made no effort to get up or hide the fact that he was planning to spend the rest of his night in that chair. When we got to our room, after searching for the WiFi password for a few minutes I called the front desk. The phone rang numerous times before someone picked it up. When it was finally answered the person was very rude and said "Well, first of all the WiFi password is on the back of your key envelope but I guess I'll give it to you again." The second encounter with rude staff was at checkout at 9:45 a.m. I asked them if we'd missed breakfast since I didn't see any anywhere and the answer I received was simply "Yep."

Will I stay here again for free? Probably so if this is all the casino can give me on short notice. Would I pay the $109 to stay here that they are advertising? NO.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

I'm sorry you didn't have a pleasant stay while you were here at the hotel. I know you stated Harrahs does know what rooms we have open but they do not! They call us ahead of time and buy a certain number of rooms for each day that they need. They do not ask for all non-smoking or for kings or queen beds. We just block different room types for them and if all we have that day are all queen beds then that's what they take. The only thing you are guaranteed when you book a room through the casino is that you will have a room when you get here. You can request a non-smoking king room but it's not ever a guarantee. We do a lot of business with Harrahs and we have for a lot of years now. It has always worked like that. As far as the ameniities in your room/bathroom those are all Choice approved items. We are required to have one soap, one shampoo, one lotion and one conditioner. However if you need more we have additional ones at the front desk. It is a Choice requirement to hang the shower tags in the bathroom stating the amenities. The only thing we do not have installed yet are the curved shower rods. The owner is looking into do renovations to the property hopefully sometime next year. We are on city water system so we really do not have control over the water pressure in the rooms. I'm not sure what room you stayed in but we haven't had any complaints about it before.I understand the front desk staff seemed to be rude and that is something we will certainly address with them and their behavior. Again I am sorry you had these difficulties while staying here. If you do stay with us in the future hopefully things will go more smoothly.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The clerk was the worst hotel employee I ever encountered. He was flat out rude. The facility was not as advertised. The parking lot was almost empty but they would not accomodate my Mc trailer. Not biker friendly or for that matter friendly at all. They man at the front desk was terrible and completely unprofessional.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank NSBRESIDENT
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

I'm sorry you feel like you were mistreated at the hotel when you were trying to check in. Please understand that we cannot allow any guest to leave a vehicle or trailer if they are not a registered guest for the duration they want to leave it on the property. It would be our responsibility if anything were to happen to it while you were away. Even if the parking lot is empty doesn't mean we are not busy because we do a lot of business with Harrahs and most guests check in and go straight to the casino. We are a biker friendly hotel and we use to do a lot of business with bikers when they had motorcycle rallys. I know you have your opinion of the front desk clerk but I was the other person working with thim that evening and he did not ask you to leave the property until you began to get irate. Regardless I spoke to Hotwire which was the third party site you booked your reservation through and they did issue you a refund. We tried to telll you to call them when you were here but you never did. Hotwire said they would send you an email informing you of the refund so this situation should be resolved.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Beautiful setting along the river its not right in the middle of everything but that's what make this location very peacful. We had a king room that overlooked the river very peaceful.
The room was nice size and very clean with nice views of the Smoky's and the river.
We enjoyed the ducks that would sit outside our room every morning I know they say don't feed the ducks but how can you resist.
Cherokee is very nice area to visit we spent time walking though the different types of shops, driving the BlueRidge Parkway and the casino.
We hope to be back next summer and Quality Inn will definitely be the place to stay reasonable rates and nice rooms

Room Tip: Get a room with river views
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you so much for such a great review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed you room with the nice view of the river. It is a very pretty view from the balcony. It's also nice in October when the colors are bright and even so in the winter when its snows. The quiet and peacefulness is one of our great qualities. We are away from the crowds and noise but still just a short distance from most attractions in Cherokee. We thank you for the business and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

The location is great if you are going to the casinos. This hotel has a good view of the Smokie Mountains for the outdoor pool. There is a river that runs behind the hotel which is great if you want to just take a stroll In nature. You'll have to contend with the gnats that fly around out there though! They offer free breakfast too! I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you so much for the nice review of our hotel. We are just a short distance from the casino and many other locations in Cherokee. We do have a great view of the river and a back drop of the Great Smoky Mountains. However with the good comes the bad such as the gnats and the bugs. That's nature! I was glad to hear you enjoyed our free breakfast while you were here. I hope you will visit us again when you are in the Cherokee area.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

My wife and I stayed in a jacuzzi suite here for our 15th wedding Anniversary trip. The room was spacious,and very clean, the bed was comfortable. the hotel is next to the beautiful Occonaluftee River, and just a short drive to several attractions. good reasonably priced hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg B
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you so much for the nice review of our hotel. I'm glad you had a nice stay and enjoyed your anniversary while in the Cherokee area. We appreciate your business and we look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed at the Quality Inn in Cherokee on a visit to celebrate our anniversary. We found the rooms to be clean and accommodating. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was very good but not excellent. Overall, the stay was very good.

Room Tip: The beds are just OK (we had a queen), try and get a king.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you so much for the nice review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon. Have a great summer.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

after a great two day stay in Sevierville,tn.traveled to Cherokee,nc for great night of bingo.booked a room at quality inn 7/7/13.older rooms clean and comfortable,good breakfast,staff was real helpful.

Room Tip: book a room on ground floor for convience
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you so much for the nice review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and had a nice time. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again when you are back in the Cherokee area. Have a great summer.