“creek view”

Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
cincinnati
“creek view”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

was sent here when the casino was booked, at the end of hotel near bridge had a beautiful view, although it was to cold to enjoy the patio. clean room, could use new caulking around doors. breakfast was very good , nice selection.

Room Tip: for privacy ask for building D to the left, private with a view and path to the creek
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
South Carolina
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Checked in last week and sat on the bed and, What the what ?? they have New Beds. Oh my. I slept so well that night. New Beds, breakfast, wifi, clean rooms, and close to the casino, Quality Inn is a win, win. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank chas29644
South Carolina
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This motel is clean, convenient to the casino and features a breakfast for everyone.
A clean creek runs thru this property with a pool and seating area.
The room had a HDTV.
Located about 1/2 mile from the Cherokee village.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zman29170
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for the nice review of our hotel. All feedback is appreciated but it's always nice to get good reviews. That lets us know we are doing our job and doing it right. I'm glad you liked your room and enjoyed the nice view of the creek and the outdoor sitting area. That is one of our main attractions. We hope you will stay with us again when you are in the Cherokee area. Travel safe and take care.
Lillington, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed there on New Years eve. We had points to use from the casino and they were booked so they put us up there. It is maybe a 5 minute drive to the casino.
Very clean and quiet and no problems. We stayed on the second floor but when you enter into the lobby you are already on the second floor so that was nice. In the morning we went to the lobby looking for breakfast and worried they didn't serve it but was to told to go down the hall to the right. Great layout, two kinds of eggs, boiled and fried or poached not sure. One thing for sure is I have never had a good fried or poached there. I am not sure they are real eggs...lol. They had two different kind of cereal, gravy, biscuits, donuts, peaches, fruit, french toast and of course their famous waffels. I had gravy and biscuits and a donut. Very happy with and would stay there again.

Room Tip: The breakfast is not near the lobby.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 914211m
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Thank you for the nice review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay while celebrating the new year. Yes all the standard rooms in the main building are considered ground floor entry because you don't have to take stairs to the 2nd floor. I'm glad you enjoyed our free breakfast..excluding the fried eggs, but everything else was great. We do get a lot of compliments on our breakfast and many repeat guests stay here specifically for the deluxe breakfast. We really appreciate the business and we hope to have you back in the future. Again thank you so much.
Cramerton, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 December 2013

After reading some of the negative reviews on here I was skeptical of this hotel but ended up totally satisfied. We have stayed in quite a few hotels in Cherokee and this one is my favorite so far! We are in a suite with a jacuzzi in the room which is nice! The room is spacious and clean. Our room smells fine, my sister in-law is in a smoking room and it doesn't smell that bad either(for a smoking room). Nice view from the balcony as well and a decent breakfast! No complaints here :)

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank BrookeAndLolo
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for the nice review. We really appreciate it. I know it's hard to judge a hotel by their reviews when you read them online. I always tell guests there are 2 sides to each of them. Some guests just get upset if we can't give them everything they want so they post bad reviews and exaggerate. I'm so glad you were pleased with our hotel and enjoyed your stay. Nice reviews are always a pleasure to read. Hopefully when you are in the Cherokee area you can stay with us again.
Atlanta
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Tried to get a rm at the casino but it was full. The Casino gave us a discounted rate at this place. Not what we would have picked out for ourselves but it was a lot cheaper than the casino but no comparison. The place was a bit older and wasn't as conveniently located to the casino as some of the other places but they did have the shuttle. We ended up just driving just because it was more convenient plus casino parking was free & the drinks weren't free so no worried of drinking & driving. If you are just looking for a clean place to lay your head then this place will do & the money you save you can use to gamble with. Wouldn't really recommend it if you were going to be in your room a lot because it was far from luxurious. We were only in the rm to sleep so that made it tolerable. The pillows were hard, bedding a bit cheap but it was clean.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows. Also North side of the hotel had views of the river. South side looked out i...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
I am sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Compared to the Harrahs Hotel Resort we are a smaller property and cannot offer the same amenities. Everything we carry in our rooms is required by Choice Hotels so we have to comply. Bedding, etc. We are centrally located to most attractions in the Cherokee area. The casino is just 1 1/2 miles from us. We do have a lot of guests that request our hotel instead of staying at the casino hotel. I'm sorry you feel like we let you down.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 December 2013

You can tell that this hotel and this area mentality is back in the 1960. This is our final trip here. Going back in time to a non divers era is what it is like with this hotel and this entire area. We will never come back here again. Hotel is old and some people get better rooms than others. We meet a couple in the parking lot that had a wonder suite and we had check in at the same time, and asked for a upgrade and did not get it. We visited with the folks later and they had gotten phone to be moved to upgrade although we were the ones that asked for it. Just overall 1950-1960 service at this hotel. Not very friendly and we will not come back to this area again. My wife and I hated our visit and was happy to leave today. Terrible breakfast, terrible stay. Television work on premium channel came in at time but out most of the time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WorldTraveler19999
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
I'm sorry you feel like our hotel mistreated you and did not give you the proper service. The hotel is about 15 years old but we are suppose to be doing some renovations at some point in the coming year. We have just changed out our mattress sets in our suites with all new ones and the owner has plans to do more. I'm not sure who checked you in because I wasn't here to know what rooms we had available, but if the other couple took the last upgrade room we had open then the front desk probably wasn't able to upgrade the both of you. Like I said though I can't be for sure if that's what happened because I wasn't there to see what was going on. We honestly don't pick and choose who gets one and who doesn't. I'm sorry you feel like that was the way it worked. We try to do them in order of who comes in first or calls ahead of time on the day of arrival. The breakfast usually gets a lot of good reviews. We have some guests that stay here just for the breakfast. They stated that it was the best they have had at a Quality Inn. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. You seem to have made up your mind about not coming back to the area or our hotel so I'm not sure if what I say will change your mind, but I wanted a chance to explain the procedure and our plans to renovate.