“Girls weekend away”

Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Rockwell NC
“Girls weekend away”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I booked two rooms for this trip. One was used by my Choice points and cash for the other room. I had requested adjoining rooms, and did receive them but not the type of room I requested. However the rooms were on the river. We did have to contact maintenance to come in because the lights did not work in one room. The rooms appeared to be clean. However when I woke up on Sunday morning I asked one of the kids how they slept and was told not good because the spread smelled of urine. After getting closer the smell was sickening. Upon checkout I asked if they washed the linens between customers. I was told the bedspreads are changed if any soil appears to be there. This was very unsettling to me to know that we sleep in a bed that has not been cleaned prior to us spending the night. Now the staff was courteous to us and the breakfast was ok.

Room Tip: Ask that your bedspreads and all linens be cleaned prior to your arrival
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Demorest, Georgia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

When we first checked in they assigned us the wrong room type, and we had to switch rooms. The new room looked dingy. There was a used washcloth left in the bathroom, the bedding was wrinkled, the nightstand was in the middle of the room, and the outlet behind the nightstand was broken and pushed into the wall.

The biggest issue we faced, and the reason we will never stay here again, is that they don't seem to take their guests safety very seriously. Around 2 am we were woken by a man and woman fighting in the hall. I mean bad fighting with terrible language. I called the front desk to report this and the man working the front desk acted very casual and said he thought he heard a woman crying earlier. He then said he would look into when he had the time. I said, "you do realize they are fighting and someone could get hurt." He actually said to me, "well thats not our fault. I will get to it after I do a few other things first." I then asked if he couldn't just call the police since he was 'too busy' to handle it. He responded that they had to prove there was actually a fight before calling the police, but again stated he had other things to do first.

I am a former police officer and have also worked the front desk at a hotel before. Fight issues should be treated as an emergency due to the risk of someone getting hurt as well as the disturbance it causes other guests. Yet this guy was a real piece of work and acted like I called asking for an extra pillow or something! He put the guests at risk and left the company wide open to lawsuits had someone gotten hurt, this guy was a total joke and the very reason we will never stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Ryan G
Rockwell, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I stayed there last august with two of our grandchildren,we loved it we ask for a room close to the pool and got it the kids loved walking to the creek .loved the breakfast but not as much as my husband.we are coming to the mountians in august again and hope we get to stay there.nice place and people.

Room Tip: great place but if you have kids get as close as possible to the pool and breakfast. lol
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Donna S
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Nice comfortable rooms.. Great staff.. They lady that works the breakfast room does a wonderful job.. A nice place to stay out of the way of all the crowds but ! So close to everything including the Casino.

• Stayed February 2014
Elberton, Georgia
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This hotel is well maintained and appears to have been recently remodeled. Breakfast is a good quality breakfast. Beds are Comfortable. Creek view is relaxing. My kids loved watching the Geese and Ducks. If I had a complaint, it would be that one day of our stay, housekeeping cleaned the room and forgot to make the beds. I am sure I could have called front desk and had it taken care of, but it was not a big deal. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: B or C buildings will give you the best creek view, but are also furthest from the breakfast.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Reynolds357
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a recent overnight trip to Cherokee. Well furnished room. We really liked the extra sink, mirror & outlet in the wet bar area. This facilitated 2 ladies getting ready at same time. We loved having the ducks greet us out the patio door. Quiet stream off of patio was peaceful setting & much needed. Breakfast is included but it ended at 9:30 & due to the late night at the casino, we weren't up & ready early enough to try it out. Comfortable beds, good a/c.

• Stayed May 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We checked in on Saturday afternoon. Entering the room it smelled as though it had been closed up for a very long time. The bedspreads were very wrinkled but the sheets looked clean. I opened the door to outside for a while to freshen up the room. A little later, I closed the door to the outside and turned on the a/c. It was very loud. We left the room to go to Harrah's. Upon arriving back later on in the evening, there was an LP gas smell in the hall. I called the front desk to get a wake up call for the next morning and told the guy that there was an LP gas smell. He said that he could not leave the front desk right then but would check it out later. To me, an LPG smell could possibly mean "BOOM" and should have been checked immediately. Do they not have anyone else on the property?? No one ever called back to reassure us of our safety. During the night the a/c sounded like a plane landing in our room everytime it came on. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep! I plugged my cell phone charger into the receptacle in the bathroom because that's the only place I could find an open receptacle. The next morning my phone was only half charged...Don't really know what that meant as I haven't had any charging problems recently. I got into the shower ...NO HOT WATER!!! And, when using the hairdryer...IT FELL OFF THE WALL! We left the room to check out. The front desk was told of all of this and just said they were sorry. To me that is horrible and unacceptacle. I will never stay at this hotel again and will never recommend it to anyone. We stay at a Quality Inn in North Myrtle Beach and could not be more pleased with it. This place is a disgrace to the "Quality Inn" name.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jenette K
Shea T, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
We are sorry to hear you did not have a good experience at our property. One of our hot water heaters broke during your stay. We tried to get it fixed in a timely manner. Some things are just beyond our control as far as things being broken, power outages, and things of that nature. I am sorry again though for the inconvience. We would like the chance to make it right again if you choose to stay with us in the future. We would like the chance to make your next stay way better than your last.