“Nice for a little getaway”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Seymour, Tennessee, United States
“Nice for a little getaway”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here 2 nights when coming to town to explore/see a concert/check out Harrahs. Room was fine, clean, and had a nice little balcony we could see the river from. It was a good location in my opinion. Bed was comfortable enough and breakfast was adequate. No waffle maker though lol. Staff was nice. I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Good place to stay. The kids loved the duck and geese out in back by the stream. Loved having the door open and listening to the water rushing by. Breakfast was really good and fresh. I would recommend this motel.

• Stayed June 2014
Mars Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 June 2014

First visit to Cherokee for a comedy show at the casino. Room was very clean and spacious. Room had a balcony that overlooks a river and we were able to feed the ducks that live there. It was very peaceful to sit there Sunday morning and listen to the water. Breakfast bar was average. Staff at check in and out were great. Only compliant was that the room was a little expensive but is expected due to summer months and only a few hotels exist there unless you could stay at the casino. Overall experience was great and am looking forward to coming back there with my children.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank julius20
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was an excellent location for us; we stayed here before spending a day in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Our room was spacious and comfortable, had a fridge, and overlooked the river. We enjoyed sitting out on our balcony; it was very peaceful even though you're so close to a major road way. We also put our lawn chairs down by the water in the evening, which was very enjoyable. Our check in was slow, but someone was in training so I had no issues with how long it took. Breakfast was provided; both hot and cold items were available. The hotel is in a dry county, so stock up beforehand if you want to have a drink in your room.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Rockwell NC
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I booked two rooms for this trip. One was used by my Choice points and cash for the other room. I had requested adjoining rooms, and did receive them but not the type of room I requested. However the rooms were on the river. We did have to contact maintenance to come in because the lights did not work in one room. The rooms appeared to be clean. However when I woke up on Sunday morning I asked one of the kids how they slept and was told not good because the spread smelled of urine. After getting closer the smell was sickening. Upon checkout I asked if they washed the linens between customers. I was told the bedspreads are changed if any soil appears to be there. This was very unsettling to me to know that we sleep in a bed that has not been cleaned prior to us spending the night. Now the staff was courteous to us and the breakfast was ok.

Room Tip: Ask that your bedspreads and all linens be cleaned prior to your arrival
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Demorest, Georgia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

When we first checked in they assigned us the wrong room type, and we had to switch rooms. The new room looked dingy. There was a used washcloth left in the bathroom, the bedding was wrinkled, the nightstand was in the middle of the room, and the outlet behind the nightstand was broken and pushed into the wall.

The biggest issue we faced, and the reason we will never stay here again, is that they don't seem to take their guests safety very seriously. Around 2 am we were woken by a man and woman fighting in the hall. I mean bad fighting with terrible language. I called the front desk to report this and the man working the front desk acted very casual and said he thought he heard a woman crying earlier. He then said he would look into when he had the time. I said, "you do realize they are fighting and someone could get hurt." He actually said to me, "well thats not our fault. I will get to it after I do a few other things first." I then asked if he couldn't just call the police since he was 'too busy' to handle it. He responded that they had to prove there was actually a fight before calling the police, but again stated he had other things to do first.

I am a former police officer and have also worked the front desk at a hotel before. Fight issues should be treated as an emergency due to the risk of someone getting hurt as well as the disturbance it causes other guests. Yet this guy was a real piece of work and acted like I called asking for an extra pillow or something! He put the guests at risk and left the company wide open to lawsuits had someone gotten hurt, this guy was a total joke and the very reason we will never stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Ryan G
Rockwell, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I stayed there last august with two of our grandchildren,we loved it we ask for a room close to the pool and got it the kids loved walking to the creek .loved the breakfast but not as much as my husband.we are coming to the mountians in august again and hope we get to stay there.nice place and people.

Room Tip: great place but if you have kids get as close as possible to the pool and breakfast. lol
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family