“great hotel”

Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
cherokee
“great hotel”
Reviewed 28 August 2007

we had a great stay at Quality, the people were friendly and the hotel clean.

Stayed August 2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Nicholasville,Ky.
Reviewed 9 August 2007

I'm 51 years old and this is the first time I have made a formal complaint so I don't write this lightly.
My family and I have stay here at least 10 times in the last 5 years and have never had any problems until the last 3 visits. We discussed the problems that we had encountered , some minor some major, and decided unless we brought it to the managers attention he couldn't fix them. With this in mind I went to see him to nicely point out the problems that had occured and instead of getting, were sorry for any inconvenience you have had and we will do our best to see it doesn't happen again, which is all I was wanting I was basically called a liar and was informed if I didn't like it we could just leave and in fact he would prefer we do so!
I informed him we would not be leaving due to the fact that 2 of our family members had handicaps and had chosen to sleep in . He then informed me if I changed my mind we had 30 minutes to leave{it was 10:30 am} or we would be charged for the 2 rooms for that night.
I left almost in tears and was so upset that I had to take a nerve pill to calm down.
Vacations should be restful not stressfull so be warned if you stay here and you have any problems don't tell the manager!

• Liked — housekeeping was very good and friendly!
  • Disliked — The manager
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank autumn13
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2007

The Quality Inn was very clean, our room spacious (Try to get a jacuzzi suite on the river!), and the staff very pleasant. It appears they have done quite a bit of upgrading, and they seem to be continuing! My boyfriend and I stayed here to attend a local wedding, and we couldn't have been happier with our accomodations. No, it's not a Ritz Carlton or a Hyatt, but everything from the front desk to the pool to the helpfulness of the staff was top quality! The setting is lovely, too. The hotel is just a bit out of the center of the bustling town, so it was quiet and serene. We will never stay anywhere else when we visit Cherokee!!!!

• Liked — The setting and the value.
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alpharetta, GA
Reviewed 26 May 2007

Stayed here for one night courtesy of Harrah's. The place was pretty quiet and the front desk check-in was quick, no hassles. The room overall was nice and clean when we got there. We were given a room in one of the end units facing the river, which was great! We sat on the balcony and watched the river flow before heading out for an evening at the casino. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
N.C.
Reviewed 20 May 2007

Dont stay here unless you like people being rude to you.The manager is very unfriendly and unprofessional. I pulled into their lot to take off my fishing gear before I checked in. Within 5 minutes the manager was in the parking lot being rude and trying to run me off the property-I guess because I was a fisherman-who knows. Needless to say I got in my SUV and found my lodging somewhere else. I would urge you to do the same thing!

Stayed May 2007
2 Thank TheHappyFisherman
Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2006

My husband and I chose this hotel due to it's "three star rating"; believe me - there is nothing three, two or even one star rated about this dump. We asked to move within the unit, but were not allowed. Our room was old, tired, and dirty. Carpet color was undistinguishable. Two broken down queen beds with thread-bare sheets and flat pillows. Bathtub filled with hair and clogged drain, light bulbs out and no stopper in the sink. The only good thing about this hotel is the view of the creek, but not visible through the dirty sliding glass door or from the never been cleaned balcony. This place was a three star dump!

Stayed June 2006
4 Thank Florida-Chaos
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 7 May 2006

Consider yourself warned, do not stay at this hotel. Mildew in shower, strange smell throughout hotel, never did find the chalk outline but it certainly smelled like someone died there. Skip the continental breakfast, your stomach will thank you. Nice soft mattress and fluffy pillows will make your adventure in this cesspool more comfy!

• Stayed May 2006