“June 2014”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Indian Creek Campground
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We camped at Indian River Campground for the first time about a week ago. When we visit Cherokee or the surrounding area, we will camp only at Indian River. The staff was wonderful and the bathhouse, laundry area, and campground was well maintained and CLEAN!!!!! Excellent place to camp and enjoy the mountains!

Room Tip: We camped at site #31. Full hookup site with sewer, water, electric, and cable
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My family and I recently stayed here for our little getaway. This place was everything they claim to be and more. First I will start with the staff. There was a red head lady who took us in and she was absolutely wonderful. She bent over backwards for us and anything we needed. Which was totally unexpected at a campground. It was as if it were a 5 star hotel customer service. She deserved to be mention cause she was the first person we saw upon arrival. Kudos to you. Then we had a gentlemen lead us to our site which was very helpful and throughout our stay he stopped by to check on us and anytime we needed anything he was right there, He was like a camping robot. He was constantly cleaning and running around non stop. It was amazing to see people so on top of making sure that place was in tip top shape. And the bathrooms were the cleanest we had ever seen. I mean they were cleaner than my bathroom. The staff was always in and out cleaning the bathrooms. Also if you need anything ask the younger man with glasses on staff, he is the robot I mentioned. He helped my husband with a ton of things. So kudos to staff. Second the view and scenery is amazingly breath taking. There is a creek on both sides. and you can see the mountainside perfectly. It was so peaceful and wonderful. The whole campground is designed where everyone is in their own perfect little spot with an amazing view in each site. The store was fully equipped with anything you could possibly need if forgotten. Overall I would recommend IC campground to anyone and everyone. Whether your older, have children, or just looking for a one nighter. This is the best we have seen in Cherokee. Just as a caution you will get hooked and never want to leave. With the views and staff treating you like royalty. Kudos to IC campground.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jan L
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I am 40 yrs old and had never camped in my life! It just wasn't 'my thing' but after much begging from my 2 kids and husband, I gave in. My husband found IC on the internet and we 'took a shot'. My husband liked the website so we went with it. And NOW.. I am HOOKED. I love this place. After passing Yogi and KOA on the way in, I was getting nervous b/c they look so PACKED and just BUSY and not peaceful. When we pulled in to IC, I felt at home and calm. It isn't too big but big enough. There isn't a pool but my kids didn't care and had a blast in the creek! Roomy sites and lots of trees to give more privacy. And the bathrooms were just AWESOME and not what I expected. They were clean and fresh- no humidity and musty air in there. Always some one in there cleaning! They take pride in that! As they should. We have already booked again for Memorial Day 2015! I won't go anywhere else! Thank you for making it so wonderful and cozy!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mckaytm
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed here for spring break the second week of April 2014 on RV site 34. The campground staff is incredibly wonderful and very helpful. It's in a remote area about a 20 minute drive down the mountain to downtown Cherokee, but very much worth it. Narrow, winding mountain roads lead up to the campground, so be mindful of driving up (there is no shoulder on parts of the roads!) 2 streams run through the campground, one of which you can fish from (stocked with trout weekly). It's a quiet area with a small playground and laundry facilities on site. The camp store is well stocked with the basic necessities (ice, firewood, some food supplies, and souvenirs). The Food Lion grocery store is a hump away (about 45 minutes from the campground) so be prepared to have groceries before you get there or set time to drive. Make sure you have enough gas to get there and back! Also, no alcohol is sold on the Indian Reservation where the campground sits, so you need to either bring in your own or drive about 45 minutes to the other side of the Reservation to get beer/wine/other alcohol. The Catamount Station serves plenty of beer and wine; ask the owners of the campground or locals how to get there. You can only consume alcohol on your site in cups, not bottles or cans, but the owners are super cool and laid back as long as you don't cause trouble. Be smart and don't be a jerk or disrespectful.

There are 2 "main" roads that go through the whole campground; one is like a gravel driveway that services houses up past the camping area and the other is a paved road that goes up the mountain to some other houses. I was concerned about the paved, double yellow line road since it literally spits the campground in half and the playground is on one side of the road and our RV site was on the other side (has a slow speed limit with "campground ahead" signs, but people don't always obey the road rules). It's pretty hilly through here on mostly gravel roads, so if you have kids on bikes, it can get tricky. Make sure you have helmets, knee and elbow pads for bike falls! There are a few locals who have to use the gravel road to get to their homes, and those locals are a tad rude and drive fast, so watch out for them. Dogs are allowed, just make sure to keep them leashed and clean up after them. Also, keep your dogs quiet since sound travels in this area. There is no cell service until you get about halfway down the mountain toward Cherokee, so you won't be able to check email, voicemail or texts on your phone. The campground does have wifi, but the connection can be weak in spots and will automatically turn off after a certain amount of time, so you have to log back in. We didn't mind this drawback because the whole purpose of camping is to unplug and unwind! The laundry facility is good enough, but you might have to wait in line to use one of the 2 washers or 2 dryers they have, nothing bad about that though (bring extra quarters and your own laundry soap!!).

Cherokee was a nice drive away as was the Blue Ridge Pkwy and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Lots to do in the area like trails, waterfalls (Mingo Falls is extraordinary!!!), horseback riding (Smokemont Stables was superb!), and caverns over the Tennessee boarder in Townsend, TN. Amazing picnic opportunities everywhere and the campground has picturesque places to relax. All the campsites were basically level and had nice, fine gravel (not the obnoxiously large crush and run gravel that hurts to walk on at other places). The bath house was very well kept and clean. When we ventured in to downtown Cherokee for some shopping, we asked some locals where to go to get local crafts. There are only a couple of places that actually have locally made things, so be on the lookout for that (it can be expensive though). Otherwise, a lot of junky stuff made in China. Ask the camp hosts or the owners where there are some good local places to shop and they will help out. We had some great conversations with the owners and their camp hosts. Wonderful people who are great with their hospitality and their staff. We will definitely be back soon!!!

Room Tip: Ask for RV sites along the creek. Watch out for local drivers and monitor young children crossing th...
4  Thank italianmaid
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I've stayed here twice and it's wonderful. First of all it's beautiful! The staff is friendly and helpful. And it's CLEAN! The facilities are wonderful including long, hot showers with lots of water pressure in the bathhouse. We always rent cabins and are always pleased. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Megan L
Reviewed 1 May 2014

After reading positive reviews for the Indian Creek Campground, I called and reserved a full hook-up site for an RV that we would be renting. After the reservation was made, I was told that the only sites for a 36' motor home were supplied with a 30amp electrical hook-up. Being unsure if the rental RV required 30 or 50amp electrical hook-up, I explained to the woman on the phone, Tina, that I would contact the rental company to confirm the required electrical hook-up. The RV requires 50amps. I called Tina back within 48 hours to cancelled the reservation that was set 40 days in advance. I was told that I would be charged $10 for canceling??? She said she spoke with her supervisor, but the fee could not be waved??? Obviously, the $10 is no big deal, it's the fact the I was unaware of any cancellation fee. Again, it was cancelled within 48 hours and 40 days prior to reserved date. Beware of fees.

6  Thank Robert D
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here 2 nights in April 2014. This is our first time here but after reading the reviews, had to give it a try. Great customer service on the phone making reservations as well as when we checked in. Very clean bath house. Campsites are good size with lots of trees around....most sites are on creek. Quiet and peaceful. We will come back again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple