“No one knew what was going on with anything”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Yogi in the Smokies
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I drove to the campground on march 24th to look at the cabins to make sure of what I was paying for I paid for two cabins after getting a tour of each one the yogi lodge and a sleeper cabin.On april 4th my family and friends returned when we checked in we were charged an additional 40 dollars against my judgement I paid it then we were given our keys and escorted to the cabins to my suprise I was not taken to the yogi lodge I paid for but to a cabin across the campground away from my children and granddaughters sleeper cabin.I went back to the office where I wad told no I didn't have reservations for the yogi lodge someone else did, when one of the staff remembered me from the previos week of paying and taking the tour they called the Jenny I guess she's the manager and after waiting about 35 minutes and explaining It all over time after time she told me she cancelled the old reservation and needed my visa card again where I was charged a second time.They did credit my account all but 57 dollars which I am still waiting for that I was charged for a pet deposit and didn't have any pets.I will not stay there again we are going to the koa down the street.I am still waiting for Jenny to call me and its april 14th, I now have all my bank statements.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank tangelm

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We have 5 kids from ages 1 to 7 and one of the huge activities there is tubing on the river and we could not do it. The pool is nothing special except that it is heated. The game room is broke down. The largest cabin that sleeps 8 barely fit us. We were in a cabin that allows dogs so that was about the only plus. The Hey-Hey Ride with Yogi is totally corny and boring. It was "Pirate Week" while we were there, but you couldn't tell b/c ALL they did was a costume contest which sucked. I guess over all the fact that they are WAY up in the mountains in Cherokee made it just depressing cause the trees block most of the sunshine and there are no nice scenic overlooks. It rained so that left huge mud puddles everywhere. For it to be touted as a family place the whole atmosphere was boring and depressing. WILL NOT be going back to that Jellystone EVER!

Room Tip: Bring your bed linen, they didn't tell us that or mention the game room till we found it acciden...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BusyMomNC5
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Just returned from a week's stay at this campground. Hubby and I arrived after the campground's office/store (called the Ranger Station) had closed. We looked in the box beside the Ranger Station door that is labeled "Late Arrivals" and found our information. The map enclosed clearly showed how to get to our tent campsite, which was number 134 E. Shortly after we set up our tent, the rest of our family group arrived and set up their tent on the adjoining site, 134 F. (We were camping with Hubby's brother, sister-in-law, and nephews.) The tent sites were level and had gravel surfaces for the tent. We shared with our family one electrical outlet and two water hookups. Both sites had fire rings, as advertised, but tent site 134 F did NOT have a picnic table there. No problem for us, since we were happy to share with our family members, but if this is your tent site you might want to ask management about how to get a table. (Note: I think 134 F is a new site. It was not on the campground website map, and judging from the large number of downed trees around it, I think it's recently added to the campground.)
The campground was fairly full of people for most of the week. The sites were pretty well packed in closely. Noise wasn't an issue, though. Most people observed the Quiet Hours. The campground staff did ride around on their golf carts during the day and early evening. We never had any issues with them at all.
The Ranger Station is located next to the pool and laundry room. We did use the laundry room during our stay. It costs $2.00 per load to wash clothes and $.75 to dry a load, but the dryers only run for 25 minutes per cycle, so you may want to bring enough change to run through 2 dryer cycles. You can buy laundry detergent and fabric softener at the Ranger Station.
If you ask in the Ranger Station, you can get a pre-printed sheet giving you driving directions to lots of helpful local places: how to get from the campground to the nearest grocery store (Food Lion in Cherokee), how to get to the nearest Wal-Mart (30 min. away in Sylva), etc. The small local map that was printed on one side of this direction sheet was the most helpful one that we used when navigating around Cherokee on this trip.
One thing to note: don't waste your time buying the bundled firewood from the Ranger Station. It is pine and has a strange odor and does not burn well at all. However, when you first turn into the campground you pass by some houses that sell lumber to campers. Hubby went to the first house that you face when you turn onto Galamore Bridge towards the campground. It had a sign that said "Dry Firewood for Sale for $10". A local Native American man lives here and sold him dry hardwood that burned a thousand times better than the wood from the Ranger Station did.
The campground bathrooms were better than I expected. (Although not what I'd call "award winning" as the campground brochure claims!) The ladies room has 4 sinks, 4 shower stalls, and 4 restroom stalls. The bathrooms are cleaned twice per day, which is helpful because of the large amount of mud that gets tracked in from the river and from the rain. One time I was using a hair dryer after showering at the same time that another lady was using hers, and we blew the circuit breaker. The electrical outlets in the bathroom would not work after that; also, the Pepsi machine outside went down and a light went out. The next morning I told the campground employee who was cleaning the ladies restroom, and she immediately radioed it in to Maintenance, and the problem was fixed rather quickly.
My nephews enjoyed the pool and the kids' activity hall. They all painted ceramics one day to take home and keep. The camp showed kids movies at night and had a playground as well.
One day we all hiked up to Mingo Falls from the campground. Just follow the sign located on the campground, past the pool and down the hill from the Ranger Station. The falls were about 300 feet tall and were lovely to see! The hike from the campground was gravel and very easy to travel.
In short, we enjoyed our stay at this campground and will stay at another Camp Jellystone in the future. (Note: there is a map in the laundry room that shows all of the Camp Jellystone campgrounds across the USA.) This is a good campground and most people will enjoy their visit here.

Room Tip: We enjoyed camping near the river at the end of the campground. We listened to the river flowing al...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank southerngalGeorgia
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Smokey Mt family vacation. Stayed on the Cherokee side intentionally away from the tourist stops on the Tn side. Grand kids enjoyed wagon rides with Yogi, the waiting beach and tubing on the river. Stayed in a cabin. Clean shower house. Took in all the smokey mountains had to offer.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is my favorite place to camp! I have not found a place like it. My family and I have been calming here for close to 25 years. Now I bring my husband and daughter. We look forward to it all year, especially when the weather in Florida becomes unbearable. We have our reservations in just a couple of weeks. It has wonderful kid activities to allow the parents some down time, and there are also activities for the whole family. We always have a ball when we are there, and seeing friends again we have met there in the years past is a wonderful treat. The river is a fun pastime for many ages.
Have all of the trips been perfect, NO! But you make the best of it. We keep going back because it makes for great stories down the road. "Remember the time it rained the 10 days we were here? Or what about the time...?". It is all a part of Life. You can always find something to complain about, but if you try hard enough you can always find there are things to compliment as well. Little inconveniences, people or weather, will not stop me from enjoying my sweet serenity. I'd invite you to come and join us if you wish, but don't disturb my peacefulness.

Room Tip: The sites on the river are more expensive, but worth the view and atmosphere.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2013

we had a wonderful time even though it rained, this was all because of Marilyn, she should manage the desk, she does it well and has a wonderful attitude, There was another women there who was not so nice and was kind of rude to our daughter, I don't remember her name, but her badge said assistant manager, the owner was wonderful. They have a pretty good size pool and they are available at all times to help if you need them. Stayed there instead of KOA and was pleasantly surprised, they had tv, air and a heater and humidifier, mattress pads to in the bare bones cabins for 60 dollars. It was wonderful. I hope to visit again soon. The kids activities were kinda for little kids though and KOA has more that everyone can enjoy for dirt cheap like tie die shirts you make at the campground for 5 bucks. and games that everyone can compete in , not just smaller kids. Not really complaining , but there could be room for improvement on that part.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Christina O
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My two kids and I checked in on Friday June 21, 2013...at appr. 3:00 pm...we set up our campsite and enjoyed the pool for an hour...went to town and came back and enjoyed our campfire...quiet time began at 10 p.m....we went to bed shortly there after...and at 12:30 a.m. we was awaken by the tent campers in the site beside of us...they was very loud and using very vulgar language...they continued to party and talk loud and my 17 year old daughter was very scared and needed to use the bathroom...but would not go outside...finally at 2 a.m. my kids and I thought we had heard enough and decided to leave the campground and get a motel room...I was not sure if the tent campers that was making the noise was under the influence or not so I told the kids to go straight to the car and not to talk to any of them...at this point the safety of my kids was top priority to me...after getting to the motel room I called the campground to report what was going on and I received the answering machine...I did leave a message and explained what happened...I returned the next morning to pack up my camp and speak with the manager...the manager was not in at the time however I did speak with one host that heard the noise and chose not to confront the people at that time in the morning...I also spoke to another host that stated they could not do anything unless we called at the time of the noise...I may also add after speaking to the second host I was left feeling that the whole incident was my fault... I did not get the chance to talk to the manager...I have called and left a message but have not received a call back at this time... I was going to ask for a refund for the two nights I paid for and did not get to stay even one night due to the noise and safety concerns at the campground... at this point I cannot and would not recommend this campground to anyone...KOA has my vote at this time...Feel free to email...skniceley@msn.com

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family