“Money's Worth”

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Bossier City
“Money's Worth”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was one of the most economical motels in Cherokee. The staff was helpful and friendly. The location--on the reservation, within walking distance of restaurants and shops--can't be beat. WiFi reception is spotty, but you can connect in the office. A convenience store nearby came in handy.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank crossmusic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 4 July 2013

It is in a cool location, store right next too it. Also theirs a fast food restaurant connected to store theirs a park down the street with a river....The rooms are indeed clean just as I heard. They are friendly in the office, the wifi isnt so great which was dissapointing too me, they have a pool outdoors... too me this is a motel not a hotel it has the old fashion look & feel too it with the rocking chairs out front, another dissapointment is they dont offer microwaves or fridges..however they do have such in the office...so bring a cooler & small microwave unless you plan too have dinner out or use theirs. Their is indeed a list of things you can purchase such as anything extra...(these arent cheap) I came with my husband and overall we enjoyed it and it was price friendly even during the holidays...we may return (: Enjoy

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank KaySmiff
PALM BAY
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Great hotel! Very clean and comfortable rooms, new upgrades, extremely friendly staff! Definitely would go back to this one! Tony, Mike and Will were all friendly and helpful! We had originally planned to stay at Harrah's Casino, but they were booked. Glad they were now!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank MAGGIE L
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We stayed here one weekend for a trip to the Harrah's casino. The casino was booked and so they recommended this as a "sister" property.

The hotel is clean. There's no bells and whistles to it, so don't expect any frills. However, we were probably only there a total of 8 hours or so for an overnight trip, so it really wasn't a big deal. The bathroom was clean. We slept well.

Again, if you need a clean, decent place to lay your head, this is a good place. I will say this: The hotel advertises that it has a shuttle that runs to the Casino. It was not working that weekend. A taxi driver in the area said he has never seen it run. So, if that's important to you, look at either the Fairfield Inn, Holiday Inn Express (walking distance) or the Microtel (with a shuttle that ran pretty consistently when we were there).

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BMG1981
North Carolina
Reviewed 31 January 2013

There were several nice things about this motel. The front desk staff was pleasant. Rooms have outside entrances, which we liked. We also liked having a first floor room. Our room, which was larger than most motels, was very clean and well-maintained. The TV, an older model, provided all the channels we were interested in watching. The mattress was marvelous and we slept quite well.

Upon check-in, we were given a sheet "for TV channel listings." The top portion of this same sheet included a price list of items from their rooms because "We have a lot of guests wanting to purchase items. . ." Really? $40 for a blow dryer? $8 for a pillowcase? $5 for a pitiful rag of a washcloth? The sheet was very clear in stating I would be charged if any make-up was left on one of their linens or towels/washcloths. Hope I didn't soil anything! The front desk had stated that my credit card would only be used for damages, as our room was "comped" through Harrahs. I look forward to seeing my credit card bill, and will be absolutely furiously if I am charged for "damages!"

Other downers - there's no in-room refrigerator, which we usually use when staying at a motel. Ice is only in the lobby (our room was at the far end). We enjoy the continental breakfast most motels provide, but Cherokee Lodge does NOT offer this, and the closest restaurant is over 1 mile away.

I do not plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room. Take your own washcloth!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ZaWink5012
Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed 10 December 2012

After reading some reviews, I was hesitant to stay here. But, upon my arrival, my fears were for nothing. The staff is wonderful. The rooms are clean and the location is perfect. I was traveling on my own, so was happy to stay at a place where I felt safe. I will be going back to Cherokee Lodge again. You can beat them for good southern hospitality and friendliness. Everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Good place for families and groups to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank blueeeyesbaby123
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I enjoyed my stay, and the rooms were clean. For some reason my cards wouldn't go through for the $50 deposit. My room was comped through Harrah's Cherokee, this is among a list of problems with them subbing out stays at surrounding area hotels, there's nothing they can do is what I was told by their representative. I paid a $50 cash deposit, Cherokee Lodge requires for you to even get a room/key at all. Noon the next day front desk, Manager has no idea about my deposit, and I really didn't like his tone. Called Michael twice and left my address both times to mail my deposit, and was told that he would. This review may change IF I EVER receive my deposit, otherwise it will not.

Room Tip: Never use cash for deposit.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Chris72nc

Travellers are raving about these Cherokee hotels