“Should be your last choice.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Cherokee Lodge

Cherokee Lodge
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
East Tennessee
“Should be your last choice.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

The one bright spot, we there only for one night. This motel is old. It was clean but everything was old, did'nt work. The desk clerk was young and rude. The motel was 100.00a night because it is peak season. The overall experience was unpleasant and the room prices were horrible. For the same money you can stay at a much nicer, newer motel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank AIGboy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2010

Stayed here for 2 comp nights from Harrah's. Hotel was very clean and room was plenty big. Was in a very good area, quiet and pleasant. Conveniently located to several restaurants and a gas station next door. Hotel staff was very nice also.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wanda1962
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2010

We stayed at this lodge in November 2009 and when we decided to take our vacation in April 2010, we wanted to stay there again. The staff was wonderful. When we paid for our room there was an issue where a "Casino" guest "decided" to stay another night. This person tried to keep the room without paying by checking out but coming back without notifying front desk and telling the maid that they had. Due to this, we were allowed to stay in the Suite which for us was very nice.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank RepeatCustomer41980
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2010

After reading the reviews online I was really worried about how my stay at Cherokee Lodge would turn out. I had recieved free acomodations from Harrahs and had decided I would only stay one night if it was as bad as the reviews. I loved it the rooms are nice and spacious. They were also clean. You can walk to a little shopping area and there are lots of resturants nearby. Oh and by the way I am sending this from the lodges free wi-fi which I had read they didn't have. I will definatly return here even when I don't have a complimentary room. The staff were really nice and helpful and the stay was a great experince.,

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SouthCarolinaHappy
God's Country
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2009

I made reservations on a Thursday for a Saturday. I asked," if I need to cancel how far in advance would I need to call?" I was told I could call the morning of..."no problem". I did have to cancel, Friday, due to a virus/blood pressure problems, per my Doctor. I called on Tuesday to find out how soon I would receive a refund because they debited my account, even though I wanted to pay cash when I got there. I thought they were like all the other hotels...they take you card number just to "hold the room". She informed me there would be no refund because I did not cancel at least 7 days in advance. I asked for clarification of their policy. I was upset, but not ugly, the "manager" hung up on me. I called back and asked for the owners name or coprorates number, she refused. She then told me "the policy is on their website". I tried to tell her that I didn't book through the website, nor was I told anything about charges when I cancelled. I asked to speak to the girl who made the reservation, she said "the girl" that took my reservation didn't work there anymore, and who would she believe anyway?? The lady hung up on me again. I called back several times and as soon as she heard it was me she hung up on me. The last time I called back, she told me she was going to call the police. I said, "You are going to call the police just because I am trying to resolve a problem/complaint." I have stayed here before, it wasn't a great place but it was okay and I would have stayed there again. I will NEVER, EVER stay here again. The manager was rude and VERY unprofessional, if she really was the manager, because I can't imagine a manager treating a customer like she treated me.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Daboyznme
myrtle beach, sc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

My family just returned from a 3 day stay in Cherokee, where Harrah's booked us into the Cherokee Lodge. It was clean, comfortable, conveniently located, and the staff was very nice. No, it's not a 4 star hotel, but I don't think that you really need one in Cherokee--who goes there to stay in their hotel room? We will gladly return to Cherokee Lodge anytime we can.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no internet access
  • Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2009

We booked this hotel through Harrah casino web site. Harrah's hotel didn't have available rooms, and they recommended this hotel as their "partner". We checked the tripadvisor before booking and didn't find any negative comments about this place. So, we decided to go on with our reservation. For the price of $ 60 dollars we requested two queen beds and non-smoking room. When we arrived, clerk at the front desk informed us that the hotel is full and they have only the smoking room with one king bed for us. Given that there were four of us with two kids of 11 and 5 years old, this option was completely unacceptable. We wanted to check the options of other hotels around. We had the laptop with us but there were no Internet connection available even in the lobby. (Later on we found out that Baymont hotel accross the street had plenty of rooms for $ 70 with breakfast and the wireless Internet.) We asked to "free us" from the prior reservation but clerk at the front desk was very reluctant. At this moment the manager showed up who suggested that for additional $ 40 they will place us in the "suite". "You'll love the suite"-she said-"it has the balcony and the refrigerator." Given the circumstances, we were happy to get the suite. However, another disappointment awaited us when we entered the room. It was not a "suite" in the traditional sense of word. It was just a bigger room (which seemed even bigger because of the lack of furniture) with the minimal amount of very old furniture and the balcony facing the busy road. This room definitely was not worth $ 100 dollars that we paid for it as a result but we were too tired to argue at this stage. Overall, we felt like we were basically "ripped off". This is a typical motel which should not cost more than $ 50 (breakfast is not included in this price). There is a gas station accross it as well as couple of "budget hotels" nearby but all the major Cherokee attractions are far from it. I will never stay there again. I was surprised that the hotel was really "booked" on that night. There are plenty of other lodging options nearby. So, I assume that many people were also mislead by the lack of prior honest assessment of this place on tripadvisor.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Natalia05

Travellers are raving about these Cherokee hotels