“Great Family Motel”
Review of Riverside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Riverside Motel
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Tallapoosa, Georgia
“Great Family Motel”
Reviewed 20 July 2005

My family and I just returned from a 4 day stay in Cherokee, NC at the Riverside Motel and we had a great time. This is the one vacation that we really did not want to leave from and go home. This is a great place to stay for families. The location of the hotel was perfect because it was away from all the traffic in the middle of town but close enough to drive to when you wanted to go to town for shopping, eating, etc. It was back down off the road and only had one way in, so it was somewhat secluded. There is also a Dominos Pizza close by that will deliver, which was great if you just wanted to lounge around the hotel for the day or didn't want to go into town for dinner. Also conveniently located was a grocery store, gas station, Family Dollar, Taco Bell, McDonalds, Waffle House and Pizza Hut. All of these were about 1/4 mile from the hotel with no traffic to fight through. The riverfront rooms were great! My husband really liked this because he could just walk out of the room and there was the river to fish. My children (Boy 10, Girls 7 & 2) loved the river too because it was shallow enough for them to play in the river all the time since I could see them from the walkway in front of our room and/or my husband could see them while fishing from the opposite end. The rooms were nice and plenty large enough to accommodate myself, my husband and our 3 children. The mattresses on the beds were awesome. They were those pillow top ones that sleep so well. The pool was perfect for families with children because it was fenced in and it only went to 5ft. This made my 7 year old who can not swim feel very comfortable being in the water. There was also a laundry area so you could wash all the dirty clothes before going home. Another plus for this motel was that it had a covered grilling area with tables. This was very useful for us since we were there for the 4th of July. The staff was very polite and friendly. We are planning on going back to Cherokee, NC next year for vacation and staying at the Riverside Motel again. We will also be recommending this hotel to our friends and family if they plan to visit Cherokee, NC.
Thank you Riverside Hotel Staff for an enjoyable and relaxing stay!
The Powell Family
(Tallapoosa, Georgia)

• Stayed July 2005
10 Thank Hope P

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 September 2004

On Friday, July 30th, 2004, my family and I drove over 300 miles to arrive at the Riverside around 10:30 PM, where we had made phone reservations. After paying for two nights, we received our key and went to our room. As soon as we opened the door, we were struck with the smell of mildew. We noticed a glade air freshener on the table, but it in no way masked the smell of mildew. While my husband went back out to the car to get the luggage I took my youngest daughter to the restroom. I, being severely allergic to mold, was immediately struck with a migraine. When I arrived in the bathroom, there was visible mildew all over, as well as a dirty tub. When my daughter finished, I took her to wash her hands where we saw a bug crawl across the counter. At this, I decided to look at the sheets and found hairs on the sheets and pillowcases. We immediately left the room with our luggage still in hand and went back to the office to tell them we would not be staying and why. The woman in the office was rude and did not want to refund our money, but after a bit of arguing, she said she would only refund one of our two nights at $84.46. We ended up having to drive all over the place for nearly three hours to find another vacancy and were completely exhausted, not to mention my headache which ended up lasting through half of the next day. We have filed complaints with the BBB as well as the local health department.

• Stayed July 2004
16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Cherokee hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 August 2004

Just got back from Cherokee and The Riverside Motel and sad to say we really did not enjoy the motel. Where to begin…the room was clean but very rundown sorely needed a paint job, the bed mattresses were dirty and there were no blankets in the room. The shower leaked all over the bathroom floor. The outside light in front of our door did not work. The river in front of the motel is nice but way too shallow to tube on. The pool had many grass clippings and dead bugs floating on the surface. I paid around $80.00 a night way too much for this place considering that there are many other nicer hotel/motels in the area with a river view. The sad thing about writing this negative review is that I have to say that the people that ran the place were extremely nice it’s just that they are managing a very neglected piece of property.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member