“Nothing is guaranteed.. even your room”

Harrah's Cherokee Hotel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 March 2011

I stayed here two nights and booked back in January. I paid for the highest type of room (basic king with Jacuzzi). It was just me and my wife wanting to get away for a night or two. I arrived and was given a room card. Got up to my room and realized it was not what I paid for (just a basic room). I called down stairs and was immediately told that they don't guarantee rooms and there was nothing I could do about it except call in the morning and ask for a room. The front desk clerk never apologized! HOW RUDE! So I called in the morning and told them I expected a Jacuzzi room and also a refund for the difference since I stayed in a basic room. I finally got my room I requested the second night, but I was told the manager was in conference call, and he was the only one that could give refunds. I was told to wait 5-10 minutes and he would return my call. NEVER did return my call. So during my stay I overpaid and also received horrible service! Ive had better service before in a Motel 6!

If I had gotten ONE apology, I would have been an happy camper. This place needs to learn from their mistakes, or they wont have any customers. I am not hard to get along with, I just want to be treated fair.

Some other things:
1) They set there fire alarm off for a entire hour that 2nd day.
2) The food is overpriced.
3) The bellmen and maids are wonderful. Since they work on tips, they actually provide quality service.
4) Creek tower is very nice.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (17,850)

Reviewed 24 March 2011

The hotel and casino experience were fine; however, the dining experience was terrible. Stay away from Paula Deen's Kitchen. The sanitation ration was only 90.5. (The local McDonald's has a better sanitation rating.) Also, the fitness center is small and has very little equipment--a big disappointment.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Have been to many casinos throughout the country and these slots are the tightest by far I have ever experienced. There weren't even any cherries to keep you going!(Those of you who play slots know what I mean.) Must have to pay for their new construction!

The hotel room was nice but the restaurant choices are VERY LIMITED. The only food any good was in the buffet in the casino itself. Got really tired of smelling cigarette smoke everywhere too. Long walk to the room from the parking tower.

Will return to Cherokee to visit the area but WILL NOT GAMBLE AT THE CASINO!

Reviewed 23 March 2011

For years we have frequented Harrah's Cherokee and the experience makes you want to come back, except for the food - which has actually gotten worse since they opened the Paula Deen restaurant - Food was not very good at all and was way overpriced, and service very poor with long waits.
Also, they changed the price at the casino buffet on Saturday to $18.00 but instead of offering a higher quality and variety, they reduced the quality, quantity and service. We saw our server only one time and never got refills for drinks. The carving station was supposed to have turkey and ham, and for the hour we were there no ham was ever offered and many of the items had run out.
I would highly recommend that you eat before you arrive unless you want a distasteful experience.
We still come here, but until they get their act together we will not eat there any more. Poor excuse for food. They should be ashamed.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FrankDebi
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Made res. on line for a smoking mt. premium two queen room because we were traveling with friend. Checked in and was advised by someone named Gideon there were no smoking rooms and all he could give us was a King non-smoking. He kept trying to place us in the Non-Smoking Tower even though we kept telling him the other side was the smoking side. While we were standing there other people with the same tier status were given smoking rooms and when we question him about that he stated (I hate to tell you this but access is based on the amount of money you spend.) He indicated that he was new, but his demeanor, behavior and tone of voice was simply rude.
We finally went back later and talked to a representative named Lesa and her approach was the epitome of what you would expect from a service representative. Please give her our appreciation for her efforts to get us re situated and tell her to keep that bright smile glowing - actually you ought to put her in charge of training those who don't seem to get it.

Great Casino and hotel, we come here several times a year even though it is a 4 hour drive and we will be back - just not in Gideon's line.

Reviewed 22 March 2011

We went to the casino with a bachelor party group, and it sucked. We did not stay in the hotel, but just the casino. Everything is digital, including blackjack, which had a dealer, and of course the cards are manipulated, and everyone lost all their money within 10 minutes. Also, there is no roulette, which i know for a fact they make digitally. Lastly, you have to pay for alcohol, which is very dumb, because you do not in vegas or in new orleans at their casinos. So, they steal your money at the tables, and you have to pay for alcohol, ridiculous.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Carrie H
Reviewed 21 March 2011

I love Harrahs Cherokee. I have been coming here for 10yrs and have always gotten great service and a clean room. But I was very disappointed on my last 2 trips(one in Feb the other in Mar). Paula Deans is the only place to eat in the hotel, so if you have children it's either here or go out of the hotel. My complaint is that you can not get in. We went down at 230pm to eat thinking it would not be a peak time, we were told to come back after 5pm, some people had been waiting since 1130am to be seated. I am very suprised that they are still advertising 440 seats when they can only seat about 100 people at a time to give them good service, is what we were told. Plus the food is very overpriced for the quality. Bring back Sulue' Garden!!!!! send Paula packing. I am going to start going to Tunica, just an hours plane ride for me and I can play at 3 different properties.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family