“It was great!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
“It was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

I won big at the poker tables and blackjack this time,had a great time and was very relaxing .Even enjoyed the slots,nice place!

Room Tip: Tell them freinds will visit
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,629)
  • Korean first
Sevierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

Let's just say we started our vacation at Carowinds and ended up here! I wish we would've stayed here the whole time. What a relaxing, fun place! Our pet chihuahua traveled with us. Our room was very quiet, clean, beautiful, immaculate and relaxing. We spent more time in there than in the casino. We'll come back another time and stay longer for that. We were amazed at the quality of our room for what we spent. The restaurants are a little pricy, but we didn't expect anything less. They are adding on, and even with the construction we had a wonderful night. I would recommend this place for anyone wanting a relaxing and fun time. There is so much to do other than gamble. You can go into the National Park, fish, shop, all sorts of stuff. This was the highlight of our vacation. My only two issues with Harrahs was: They didn't want to book my pet stay on the phone so I did have to do it online. They even asked a manager and they declined. However I was able to do it no problem online. We were also supposed to get a pet stay pack that we didn't get. I can't say who's fault that is. Probably ours for not asking. It was supposed to be a pet treat, food and water bowls and a bag with some other stuff in it. Oh well, I had my own treats, food and water bowls and was completely satisfied with everything else there, so I didn't mind. :) Thank you Harrahs for making our last night of vacation a memorable one.

Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

We spent 5 days in early May at Harrah's Cherokee and were very pleasently surprised after reading many of the reviews. We foung the hotel staff very friendly and willing to help with local info. The hotel does offer the "Going Green" which means we did not have to have room cleaned and restocked everyday unless we wanted it. Every other day worked for us. The view from room was facing the mountains and we could also see the stream that runs along the whole property. The room itself was quite large with a king size bed also couch and sitting area in front of window.
We used the hottub several times during the week. Pool/Hottub area clean and well maintained pretty basic might have been part of the original building. Water in hottub was hotter than we like it probably 106 degrees.
We gambled each evening after dinner. Over all for the 5 days we came home winning. We played penny video slots each night.
Over all we enjoyed the hotel and feel in love with the area. We are looking forward to returning sometime soon and going directly to Harrah's and skipping Pigeon Forge area which we found very busy and crowded.

Room Tip: Ask for room in new building
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Kingsport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

The hotel as usual always impresses. I love the renovations they have done. Everything is alot bigger and it's so much easier to get a room. Everyone is friendly and it's overall a great atmosphere. The food is always good but a little pricey. As far as the gaming goes it is the absolute worst. The machines are tight and they still don't have live cards. As far as the table games go... blackjack is a joke. It's my favorite game but I kid you not it's dealer 20 or 21 about 70% of the time. The house is suppose to have a 1% advantage in Blackjack but at this casino where it's digital it's more like 15% yes that bad! Although I'm a sucker so yes I'll be back again I go about once a month.

• Stayed May 2011
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2011

We had not been to Harrahs for awhile so when we called for room rates I talked to Rose and she gave me a great rate. She was so helpful and so very nice. I was worried after reading some previous reviews about how unfriendly the people were.I don't know who the other people were but I never met anyone who was not super nice. From Steve at front desk when we checked in to lady at check out. The room we stayed in was very nice
It had everything we needed. The only complaint I have is on our 2nd night we could hear the people in the room next to us. I'm sure if we heard them then they probably heard us. The only other complaint I have is in the casino. You just can't win. We went Thur $80 in about 15 minutes. Also, they need to work on the ventilation system. The smoke is awful!
All in all, we will be back and give it another try.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank tnbeach
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

My husband and I have stayed at Harrah's Cherokee several times in the last 5 years, and have always enjoyed our stays. We had not visited in over a year, and were curious to see the new tower and casino section. We stayed 2 weeks ago, and got a room in the new Creek Tower. It was spacious and clean smelling, no traces of smoke at all, as you can sometimes catch a whiff of in the older sections. The bed was super comfortable, and the bathroom was large, with a nice glass spa style shower. I did have a problem with the bath amenities, however.
First, that fig fragrance is not appealing at all, The hotel should invest in some nicer smelling bath products, like the line they have at Caesars in Atlantic City. Secondly, you should never put LOTION with the shampoo in the shower. The two bottles were identicle, except one was blue and the other one white, and if I hadn't read the label of the white bottle, I would have used the lotion on my hair, thinking it was conditioner, which is what I would expect to find there. That could have really ruined my morning.
Other than that, our stay was fun, and we will be returning next month. I had some luck in the casino the first night, cashing out a nice amount, but we played it back the next day. We earned enough points to eat for free at the buffet for two nights, where we found the food choices to be plenitful, and tasty. We had no desire to try Paula Deens restaurant.
I have always had a comp stay at Harrah's, and lots of nice little extra comps as well, like food vouchers and free play coupons. No, it's not Atlantic City or Vegas, but the staff is always nice, the hotel clean, and you can't beat the location, where there are things to do other than gamble.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

I'm picky about hotels and cleanliness in general, but this one exceeded my expectations. A free room is hard to beat, I have to admit. We stayed in a Mountain Tower room and it was very spacious, clean, and comfortable. The hallways are extremely smoky, but I guess that is just part of the casino environment. I like that there is a security guard checking room keys after 10:00 to enter the towers.

I wish the fan had been louder in the room for white noise. We were close the the elevators and right next to the vending and ice machines, which I was concerned about since I'm a light sleeper. But I never heard any noise, which was great.

The lobby is very nice and the cafe on the ground floor was good. We ate supper at the market buffet, which wasn't fantastic, but it's a casino buffet so I wasn't surprised.

Every employee we encountered was friendly and professional. Even if we hadn't headed home with more money than we arrived with, I'd still want to go back. I'm looking forward to our next trip!