“It has improved since mylast visit.”

Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Walhalla, South Carolina
“It has improved since mylast visit.”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

They have improved the ventilation, which makes it bearable to be in the casino. The non-smoking area is still pathetic. I stayed in the new tower on a (COMP), which was great, but looking out 6-8 months in the future their are no room comps available at Cherokee. You have to go elsewhere in the country if you want to use your room comps. Otherwise it has improved, and the concert venue is great? I will be there Labor Day weekend, staying at another motel of course.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Flash050

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,240)
  • Korean first
South Carolina
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Hope the new food court will allow a better selection and price. Current Buffet is overpriced and the line at the "other one", i.e. sandwiches, pizza, ice cream, etc., the line is crazy and so slow. Thank God for the one "hotdog stand". The speciality restaurants once again are well overrated and not worth the money, after all this is not Vegas or Atl City!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are always fairly nice and plenty of room
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 August 2011

The hotel is very nice. I have been in each and they are fine. Love em. Now, I usually stay as a comp a casino offer which is another story as the casino just sucks your money. I slap myself and say never again. Folks complain that its a long walk from the hotel to the casino....I wish it were furtur as at least my money would be with me a few more minutes. if you dont care about money, then drive to the casino...maybe all of 5 minutes from the the time you leave to arrive inside,,,,then drive back....otherwise it is a long way. The food sucks except for the new place called Noodles...I liked that. The new places....Johnny rockets and Uno were not yet open but that has to help. we avoided Paula Dean as the 5 or 6 folks we spoke too and was overly priced and not that good. Anyway,go to stay and expect to lose if you play...oh, and no live tables....whats that all about...and ne free beverages. I think since nothing live I see it is all controlled by a computer. I dunno.No outside pool...I dont like that either...but if at the pool you are not losing money at teh casino so answered whay there is no pool outdoors.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank yodiyada
Sherrills Ford, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 August 2011

this casino is crap! you cant even keep yourself playing . there out for older people ssi and whoever else drops there damn money in there machines. ive been to harrahs all over the u.s and i dont always win but have at least kept myself playing for awhile! this casino is the worst and i reccomend you save your money and go on a trip to a seperate one in another state!!!!!! beware i mean it take heed to this and protest and avoid this place !!!!!!

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gene1970
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Paula Deans - horrible dining experience, waitress/bar tender same person, responsible for one area while there was an abundance of staff standing around doing nothing, food was horrible, filets mignon bland, manager, Franco stated they don't season anything. Pork chops were extremely tough, MAC n cheese salty, butter was inedible, however gravy and corn was good, sous chef John was professional.

• Stayed August 2011
Woodstock, GA
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Hello Folks,
I just returned from a great night's stay at the Harrah's Cherokee Casino and Hotel. I have stayed there many times before, but this time, I was impressed beyond belief. Each time I go, there seems to be more, more, more upgrades to this facility. I will touch on a couple things, then I will write my ONLY con for the trip. When I arrived, the wonderful woman that helped me so kindly gave me a room in Creek Tower, even though I had booked in the Soco Tower. The room was beautiful, modern and oh so clean. The beds are so comfortable. Wonderful. After that, I went down to the casino. There are so many games to choose from. I realize that it was a busy time, but I didn't have to wait for anything to play, or settle for less. As the night progress, I got tired and then lost me bearings on where certain spots were. So many kind people were willing to help me. I feel as though I had my own personal escort. He was so kind. The staff overall was wonderful. So eager to help. The machines were not so so tight. After a slow start, my machines were hitting all night. Though, I was not a jackpot winner, I did walk away with $270,00 along with an upgrade to Platinum status. I felt like it was Christmas.
The only con was that they could not grant me 1 hour late check out. I unfortunaly, had picked up a flulike virus, that the trip home was down right dangerous, since I was driving, alone. But, in their defense, I all I wanted to do is get home.
I will be back. I really enjoy the way that you all make me feel like a am being treated like a Queen. That says a lot for your staff. The best I have encountered. Thank you so much for the beautiful stay, and I will be back and a great advertise for you all.
Have a great day, Peeps. And thank you again, for a beautiful night!

Room Tip: When you make your reservation on line, if not aval, request the room,desired, in the remarks.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2011

The Paula Deen buffet was not good at all! However the rooms are great, comfy and very nice! Now don't get me wrong, don't plan on winning, these machines are tight.

• Stayed August 2011