Harrah's Cherokee Hotel
Excellent 5/5
    El Camino Motel(Cherokee)
    • Pool
    19,147 results
    All reviewscreek towerruth chrisfood courtget awaytable gamesslot machinesnon smokingcasino floorgreat casinonorth carolinadiamond loungebriomountainsdealerscompsplayersjackpot
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 6 December 2011

there slots are very tight only one who seens to win are vips Iv been there 8 times and come out broke every time playing only slots.they mail u redeaem tickes to get u to come and u lose alot more than the tickets.. im from tennessee so if u want to win at slots dont go there or to indy live ... go to hollywood casino very goood luck there 9 times so far come out smileing... so try it ...........

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
    1  Thank lew43
    Reviewed 3 December 2011

I have to hand it to the Cherokee band eastern division. They have made going to the mountains so enjoyable I love the new hotel casino Now Will you please lousen up the machines They are so tight they dont work
    I watch a man and a woman playing a dollar machine and after each putting over 900 dollars in those two machines I seen each of them hit 16 or 17 dollars about every 10 roll and each one hit the minor progressive pot one time each for at total of 220. 48 and 208 74 respectively. I just put my money back in my pocket and didnt gamble anymore at all. I will not be going back unless its on a saturday night which seems to be when the machines pay some..... then its only for an hour or so.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
    Reviewed 2 December 2011

Beautiful design. Nice and Clean. Beds are great. The only thing we didn't like were the rock hard pillows but we take our own pillows now. Otherwise Harrahs is perfect.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 30 November 2011

We've been going to cherokee for years now and all this renovation ... while it looks nice.. the amenities suck. They do not clean your room.. You are expected to reuse towels and glasses.. you get two tiny cups of coffee (no matter how many are in your party).. the only thing housekeeping does is make your bed. There were no microwaves in the room.. there was no complimentary breakfast and if you wanted internet it is 10.99 a day. Walking from the rooms to the casino is like hiking Mt. Everest... be prepared to walk to anything.. a LONG walk at that. And don't get me started on the new buffett... It was 25 bucks a head and the lasagne was burnt.. some of the food looked like it'd been there for the week.. it was a very sad alternative to the old Buffet where I actually looked forward to. The pie slices were tissue paper thin.. I kid you not and stuck to the plate. I will NEVER stay at that hotel again.. and we are finding us another casino... Greed... spoiled by it's own success..

Room Tip: Find another motel!!!!!!!
    • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
    8  Thank Mary K
    Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed at Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel over Thanksgiving. We are in the hotel industry and understand what it takes to create a quality property. The partnership of the Eastern Band of Cherokee and Harrah's did a truly impressive job of developing a unique, Eastern Band experience with a professional staff to man it. The food was excellent and our room was well appointed and comfortable. We also thought the gaming floor was well designed and inviting.

Room Tip: The higher rooms offer a view.
    • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple